cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yads wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@yads yes you will be charged the correct amount.  This bug has actually been around for ages, and is not unique to the current promo plan; I experienced it on my first plan change, around the end of 2015 if I remember correctly.  

FYI @srlawren. I just got an email from Public about it saying how my plan is in fact $75/90 days. Sounds like PM needs to communicate this bug to their CSRs.

Hi @Jeremy_M, can I bring this to your attention?  Obviously this is a known bug, but perhaps the email support staff need to be brought into the loop?  Thank you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Interesting

yads
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@yads yes you will be charged the correct amount.  This bug has actually been around for ages, and is not unique to the current promo plan; I experienced it on my first plan change, around the end of 2015 if I remember correctly.  

FYI @srlawren. I just got an email from Public about it saying how my plan is in fact $75/90 days. Sounds like PM needs to communicate this bug to their CSRs.

mjs

I agree.

yads

@srlawren wrote:

Thanks, I guess I'll be upgrading to the new 12GB plan. PM is awesome!

Rockdaddy22
Province wide is very simple, but I do wish I could add nationwide to the new promo plan.

@Rockdaddy22,

I just took a couples of minutes to check plans available in other provinces.

Yes, the current Province-wide PROMO plan offered by Public Mobile worth it without any questions.

However, there is so much confusion about how "Province-wide" function that this should be removed.

Rockdaddy22
If you live in Quebec than maybe PM isn't the best option for you, I don't think anyone would argue that. Koodo is doing great things in Quebec, I support them %100.

Please understand, PM is a national carrier with price parody across the country, everyone pays the same know matter where you live in Canada. I definitely support that strategy. PM has the best Coast to Coast prices, I guarantee it. I dare anyone to show me a better national plan, available to all Canadians.

@Rockdaddy22,

I'm from Quebec.

I can't speak for others provinces but if you do not reside in Quebec, what I say, may not be accurate for you.

Rockdaddy22
We've been through this before @Cyber, there is no better NATIONAL plan out there.

Rockdaddy22
Like I said, no quebec or sask plans please. Show me a national plan that beats PM, I dare you.

@kav2001c wrote:

Exactly what page are you looking at? 

Koodo requires you to spend $50+ on a prepay plan with no data for Canada wide as "standerd"

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

On postpaid (requires a credit check) the lower tier plans are local only (not even province wide long distance) and $40 on Koodo at best nets you a choice of 500mins + 500mb OR unlimited minutes with no data

Public unlimited minutes + 12GB data (avg 4GB per month) is vastly superior to this

Even with paying for long distance add on every month the cost is far cheaper than Koodo

Do not bother with prepaid plans when you can open a postpaid account without hassle...

I just took this screenshot from Koodo website. That should answer some of your questions!

Koodo

Rockdaddy22
I'd have to agree, credit check means nothing to MOST. I'd still like to see links to the great plans @Cyber, no sask or Quebec plans please

@kav2001c wrote:

The other fact you seem to have totally missed, is on all 3 of those carriers those are POSTPAID (require credit check)

Public is only carrier offering PREPAY with anything close (only carrier with anything remotely similar is Wind or Chatr)

@kav2001c,

Credit check, no worry,

My sister's son, who has only 18 years old, opened a postpaid Koodo account without having a job... The rep only asked for his SIN and nothing else.

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I would think so

yads

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey @NDesai,

Thanks for pointing this out, this is a bug that is impacting some of our customers. However, the price plan should take effect on the specified date,  with the true amount of the plan.

Thanks,

Jeremy

So that means for those of us who have this displaying as $75/90 days we'll actually be billed $120?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @NDesai,

Thanks for pointing this out, this is a bug that is impacting some of our customers. However, the price plan should take effect on the specified date,  with the true amount of the plan.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@majsiddiqui

Happy to hear you found your hearts desire with Public Mobile, welcome to the family!

Rockdaddy22
Wind does have a terrible network let's face it 🙂 lol Welcome to the PM family 🙂

majsiddiqui
As a customer of Public Mobile since Tuesday evening, I am very happy to move from WIND. I don't mean to put down WIND Mobile. Their network at present is far much better than what it was 2 years ago. To be honest, I was looking good deals for months but couldn't find any to beat WIND Mobile deals. It was a shock when I read about Public Mobile deals last week. I didn't know Public Mobile operates on Telus network and offers nation wide coverage on 4G LTE.

In today's world when pretty much everything is done online and requires fast connection to load data or complete transactions, it's frustrating to function on a 3G network - all the time.

Thank you Public Mobile for offering such plan 🙂

Happy Friday everyone! 🙂

majsiddiqui
Thanks @daredogg. You raised a good point regarding support hours. It helps to manage our expectations from Community Moderators and response times.

I like that support is available 7 days a week 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Fair enough, but why not continue offer it for people who want it. I just wonder if it was an oversight or deliberate. If deliberate, then I believe it's about money, if it's an oversight, than it's unfortunate.

Like I said many times, I'll still be all over this plan. I'll just have some addons and/or use other data driven options, it's just unfortunate it's not like the last promo.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
That's all I was saying, thank you for confirming, they are not letting you get canadawide and keep the promotion with this plan.

I am sure they decided based on how many people picked province-wide vs Canada-wide. I am sure most would pick province-wide thinking they will get add-on if they need to call outside of province. Those who make call daily or have number with different area code would want Canada-wide but probably not many compare to province-wide.

Rockdaddy22
That's all I was saying, thank you for confirming, they are not letting you get canadawide and keep the promotion with this plan.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Just because it wasn't advertised doesn't mean it wasn't offered, are you guys telling me I'm not on that plan?

No, i am not saying that. Last promo (well not really a promo, changed their base pricing) they offered was 6GB province-wide for $120. But they also did Canada-wide for $15 more but did not advertise like you said. The main cheaper promo was province-wide that really blew up...and they decided to double the data now.

Rockdaddy22
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

This is the plan I'm on, $135. So tell me again it wasn't offered. You guys are pretty sure of yourselves lol Pretty sad you guys can't admit you might be wrong. I wouldn't be so sure if I wasn't on that plan.

Rockdaddy22
Just because it wasn't advertised doesn't mean it wasn't offered, are you guys telling me I'm not on that plan?

@shoaibahmed wrote:

Hello

i have few question, please help.

Thids is my first time posting, i saw a good promo

1- but how this work?

2- i cant find the number or location in Markham

3- after 90 Day my plan expires or it will keep going...

thanks

1. Start here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

2. No number, everything is online. 

3. It will keep going for ever and ever and ever 🙂

@panada984 wrote:

@Brooke_C @Jeremy_M @Shazia_K @Mary_M

I believe that there is an errors display in the self serve for people who are on the $120 for 6gb data, unlimted provincial call and unlmited text before public mobile has this new 12gb promotion. It's displaying $75 rather than $120, is this an permanently thing or a display error again?

I recalled that when public mobile rolled out the new plan in the summer, there were a display error in the self serve for $90, 1gb plan.

Spoiler
error

Huge bug since they offered that 6GB promo few months ago. Someone on RFD has this plan atm and renewed too. Many probably have this and its the best plan ever lol 

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
@kav2001c sorry but you're totally wrong, the last promo had a couple choices and one choice was with Canada wide calling, I'm on it, so I should know. They could've done the exact same this time, I think it was $15 more for unlimited Canada wide calling per 90 days, I beleive it's $135 total, instead of $120.

@Rockdaddy22 oh cmon this is super easy to search, not even that many special promos announcements in this particular forum.

Here ya go:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/90-day-plan-promo-40-per-month/td-p/60465

And the promo before that was the pick3 discount everyone is asking to bring back

As I stated above, last Canada promo was pre-Telus takeover 

(and ironically when Telus did take over they kicked every single Public member off that promo plan causing tons of complaints and port outs)

I still miss the $29 Android plans, they were best package ever

Cat Indifferent

Need Help? Let's chat.