Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select customers receiving erroneous SMS reminders

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:30 PM ET - June 17, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue in which SMS messages related to payment reminders and renewal dates were incorrectly issued to a select group of customers. Our team is currently working to identify a solution.

If you’ve received a message that you believe is in error, please log in to Self-Serve to verify your account details. These erroneous SMS’s can be safely ignored as they do not impact your payment dates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

24 REPLIES 24

tonyyang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@holyterraYou can also try *611

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@holyterra  Everything seems ok for me & has been all week. Have you tried accessing through another device or maybe just logging out & back in again?

Ribeena
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe try a different browser. I can get in fine now and have had no problem in the last week. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@holyterra wrote:

Can someone please tell me when your self serve site will be back up and running please?? Trying to pay bill and make some changes but have been unable to for almost a week now. 

It's working fine for me. Do you have an ad blocker running? I have found it can cause problems for these types of sites

holyterra

Can someone please tell me when your self serve site will be back up and running please?? Trying to pay bill and make some changes but have been unable to for almost a week now. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Is it fixed now?

@Kaboomallah wrote:

Never mind sry I was calling a company back and from my missed calls and there number had a extra 1 in front. Why I Recieved the Public mobile guy telling me to add talkbtk my plan was confusing 

@Kaboomallah  Yeah that's the default when there is a problem with the number dialed.

Kaboomallah

Never mind sry I was calling a company back and from my missed calls and there number had a extra 1 in front. Why I Recieved the Public mobile guy telling me to add talkbtk my plan was confusing 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kaboomallah wrote:

I can send a d receive texts 

And I had a missed call so I assume I can receive calls 

And I have data 

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

@Kaboomallah wrote:

And I have data 

@Kaboomallah  I don't think it's an account issue. Sounds like a phone configuration issue. Did you make any changes to your contacts? Did you just get back from a trip? What happens if you dial the number directly?

Kaboomallah

And I have data 

@Kaboomallah wrote:

I Recieved a msg today saying plan renewed. But that was supposed to be yesterday

@Kaboomallah  It is normal for the text to be delayed don't thing that is the problem.

and now I can't make phone calls. I checked self serve and it says my plan is active. I should have unlimited minutes to make calls 

@Kaboomallah  Is it outgoing calls only? What about texts? WHat happens when you call your number from another device?

Kaboomallah

I Recieved a msg today saying plan renewed. But that was supposed to be yesterday and now I can't make phone calls. I checked self serve and it says my plan is active. I should have unlimited minutes to make calls 

Ribeena

Thanks for letting us know

dickwong

I'm wondering why you didn't send this msg through same way as the erroneous one - text msg.  Logging in to self service website is very slow and intermittent.  Causing so much unnecessary hassle.

sunflowershine

Thanks for your update!

@dna2016 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up and reminding customers to check their My Account portal to confirm.  I'm sure many would post on the forum as opposed to double checking on My Account.

I did check first, actually, I knew before I got the SMS about when my plan would renew, as I had just done it early this month.  I posted to bring attention to this so that others might do the same.

dna2016

Thanks for the heads up and reminding customers to check their My Account portal to confirm.  I'm sure many would post on the forum as opposed to double checking on My Account.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

17:30 PM ET - June 17, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue in which SMS messages related to payment reminders and renewal dates were incorrectly issued to a select group of customers. Our team is currently working to identify a solution.

If you’ve received a message that you believe is in error, please log in to Self-Serve to verify your account details. These erroneous SMS’s can be safely ignored as they do not impact your payment dates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Thanks for letting us know, Alan. 

One other place where members can check their renewal date is by dialling 611 on their phones. The automated greeting will state the account balance along with the automatic payment date, which if correct, should match the dates listed on the self-serve Payment/Rewards/Plan&Add-ons pages, while being 1 day later than the due date listed at the top of the Overview page.

Asima

Thanks for clearification, I was surprized to see a chain of messages.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't really concern myself with errant text messages.  Early plan renewal would be a deal killer, unless it was on Public Mobile's dime.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I’m glad that Public Mobile was able to announce a issue faster this time, hopefully they can fix it as fast as they posted it this time around.

This should put some people in ease as probably a lot of people got confused when they were told their plan was due for renewal way too early!

Roger3

Thanks for your quick update.

Need Help? Let's chat.