cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

gphung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks! She's outside

gphung
Yeah first page said they moved indoors for today but I can't find them.

hmokdad13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you check outside? They were outside on a street corner when I went yesterday.

gphung
I can't find any ambassadors at Toronto location 😭 Sold out?

ninjaccountant
@hmokdad13
Can you elaborate on that?

hmokdad13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. You can also get a free sim at the urban locations Today until 7pm if you show your sim receipt.

Amazing to see them want to donate 🙂

ninjaccountant
Under 200 sim left now. At least 150 in line still

Here's Hyperlapse of the lineup
https://instagram.com/p/BNAOATmD6Ku/

Wow, some might think it's a black Friday blowout sale somewhere lol Smiley Very Happy

ninjaccountant
The Vancouver line has probably exceeded 150 in line at this point. 1118am. Going into the parkade itself

@ninjaccountant Once again they might run out then......if you're still there, i would love to see a pic showing them with a cape. 

KuroKei

Wow, that is quite a line up. Hope PM has more SIMs prepared today. My friend is among one of the people lining up.

ninjaccountant

By the way, this is ACROSS the street from Telus Garden in Vancouver, not right at Telus Garden. 

Heads up everyone

ninjaccountant

Is there 250 sim cards available pickup today (saturday) in Vancouver?

Already a sizeable lineup

IMG_7764.JPG

@jairolevi Santa Claus parade is always in November at least in Toronto... you know, when there is no snow to make it more festive (*cough* commercial)

Yes @Titanmowgli you'll still get the friend referral. In their system it'll update that your number has changed.

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm passing by the Telus Tower in Toronto later, so if anybody wants me to pick them up a SIM card, let me know. Can do it for a referral. 

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Santa Claus parade? But is November!

Why but why?

I don't want to live in this planet anymore...

drej
For the Montreal people a quick reminder that the Santa Claus parade is happening today so it can mess with getting to the SIM pickup location.

It's from 11am - 1:30pm on St Catherine St. Starting at Du Fort Ave and going all the way to Place des Arts.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
@Titanmowgli

Yes, this is exactly what I am doing...

Will port next week.

Titanmowgli
Hello if I get a SIM card today and get a new number, and after the promo decide to port my old number to the PM SIM, will I still get the discount on my old number?

This is gonna be busy weekend!

Dead2HD

Have a extra card guys.

Pickup in Toronto downtown or Oakville.

modiste

just a shoutout to the mods and guys on site at the telus towers, its not july anymore.  bring em a 5$ starbucks giftcart, that will make their day, the guy in montreal was having fun with a positive energy .. at least when i got there at 18:30...

and pray for all the mods to survive this promo. love to all of them. thanks for the support 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GS911, check your inbox

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@imm1304 wrote:

@xxJDxx, Yes, for those who ordered by the 16th of November. 

Well that's certainly good news!

I didnt' realize this and have been quite bummed about it all day as the mailman never showed up. 

FWIW I've been told by a Canada Post employee that they are now on their holiday schedule which includes weekend deliveries. So it's possible some people may see them delivered on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xxJDxx, Yes, for those who ordered by the 16th of November. 

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@adams21 wrote:

@Brooke_C  so my order that we talked about earlier still hasn't come. I really hope you'll honor the deal like you said. It's either delayed or lost. 

Wait, so PM has agreed to honor the deal for those of us who didn't recieve our SIM's in the mail today? 

Need Help? Let's chat.