cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

@dutchcan check this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/SIMS-AVAILABLE-remote-activation/m-p/1...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dutchcan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Looking for one to three sim cards in Vancouver for family if anyone has any extra.

dandude

It's unfortunate to see Craigslist ads selling their unused SIMs upwards of $100.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have a couple of sim cards to give away.  

Send me a PM if you want one.  I am in Toronto.  

EDIT:  gone.  Goodluck to those still looking.. there may still be some spare sim out there.  

Carrie6
I have one available for pick up in downtown Vancouver. Message me if you want it.

Dead2HD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have one card. Can meet aroun airport

pmed
I need one as well but I'm in the airport area. Will be around Eglinton and Royal York area later

rdb91

@jchlo wrote:

Anyone had a spare SIM I can purchase?

I have one....willing to give it for free in exchange for a referral.  PM me if interested.

jawkneej
Still looking for a sim. Toronto area. Gave one of mine to a friend on Rogers. Need another.

Dead2HD
I have spare sim I don't need. Toronto area. Message me if interested

Rockdaddy22
That's the thing, Ontario and usually BC get the worst deals. But they are Ontario specific I'll give you that. 🙂

AdamB

@jchlo Hey, I don't have one you can buy, but I was lucky enough to pick up two on Craigslist earlier today. You might have some luck there.

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dead2HD wrote:

Well... Everything that you posted are 1 to 3 years old...

Right, my point wasn't that they were better offers. My point was that its rare to have any promos, let alone on the level of the recent PM promo, in the west. 

xxJDxx

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
@xxJDxx I hope that's a joke lol

Those plans are terrible, nothing close to this.

Old plans and at the time were still better than what was available here. 

jchlo

Anyone had a spare SIM I can purchase?

Rockdaddy22
@xxJDxx I hope that's a joke lol

Those plans are terrible, nothing close to this.

Dead2HD

Well... Everything that you posted are 1 to 3 years old...

xxJDxx

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Never any great Ontario plans, I think your confused. It's always quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

Here's a couple past promos I quickly found:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-promo-ontario-49-1gb/

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-promo-1gb-200mins/

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-promo-double-minutes-data-ontario/

They are all closed now.  🙂   Or sold out in Vancouver.

jawkneej

sorry didn't read earllier. duh.

Dead2HD

As I said earlier.

Toronto DT today before 10PM

In Oakville after that.

jawkneej

would take you up on this. where are you located?

Dead2HD

I got a spare card.

Looking to give away for refferal.

jalag

uhh i just found out a few mins ago about having to go to Telus Tower to grab a SIM card if i was still waiting for mine in the mail.... and looking at previous answers there doesn't seem to be another round tomorrow... 

is there still hope for me?

Rockdaddy22
Never any great Ontario plans, I think your confused. It's always quebec, Saskatchewan and Manitoba

xxJDxx

Just goes to show how rare it is for us to get great promo plans in the west. See great plans that are often Quebec only, and even occasionally Ontario only plans, but its rare to see them offered in BC/AB. 

Lexi

Picked up mine earlier today in Toronto. There was a short line but very quick with 4 PM reps servicing customers. They said likely will not sell out in Toronto. They have LOTS! So go get them!

Dead2HD

No. On Sunday there is no SIM sales.

voko
Just picked up sim card from Toronto site. Said it's sold out in Vancouver.

ninjaccountant
Any more sales on Sunday?
Need Help? Let's chat.