cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

@nisar6781 wrote:

I have issue for incoming and outgoing calls

HI @nisar6781   If your renewal date is today, then yes, you are affected.

Please check the post for further update from PM

gum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

same problem here , no phone service paid with auto pay too . Anyone get service yet ?

nisar6781

I have issue for incoming and outgoing calls

Hi @dearelda   yes, not something we want to see.   A big  April's Fool joke. 

dearelda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sooo 4 PM EST has come and gone and my phone is still as useless as ever...

faulkp12345

4 Pm what day, what year/?It is time for an update to  what's going on. It has been 7 hours since the last one. Let your customers know if it will take days or weeks. Only update I got was that they received my payment was received. Money comes first not service.

dearelda

A lot of us apparently

@Alicia4 wrote:

If you call it an outage do you have to refund money? 

Nope. Prepaid services do not refund money. 😋

@JPK222 wrote:

later try rebooting phone

And while you are at rebooting a phone, reboot your car, reboot dishwasher, reboot TV, reboot your watch, reboot microwave... somehow rebooting life does not work as expected.

dearelda

Same here and it's annoying.  I tried rebooting, removing sim, checking my account (paid and all!), put sim in another device, etc.  Still no good.  I missed a lot of important  texts and phone calls Today!!  Not happy at all!

Imansulaim

My service has been down over 7 hours and normally I don’t care as I don’t use my phone a lot but today is Big day in Islamic calendar and had wished to call my family and friends and have had no luck as the service is intermittent. Plz fix it as soon as possible 

Ciscanto

It took your money via auto pay and now you have an issue

@Imansulaim   It seems to be an issue for a lot of customers whose accounts were renewing last night/today and although PM staff posted earlier and had hoped it would be fixed by now, that is not the case unfortunately..

Here's the announcement from earlier:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did it  work for you? Are you having the same problem as all of us here?

ibebriguy

Sad that iPhoneinCanada can blog about it, but we can't get an email informing us so we don't waste a lot of our time troubleshooting it.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems to be widespread problem.

ibebriguy

I got a reply back from my ticket that they are working day AND night on this. Doesn't sound like it will be resolved soon....

Imansulaim

Anyone experiencing issue with incoming/outgoing calls right after your auto renewal 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy    Lol...

ibebriguy

Happened to me too, it seems that the auto renewal initially failed, then Public Mobile suspended our accounts, then the auto renewal charged us, but didn't reactivate our accounts. I just hope someone doesn't get hurt because they weren't able to make a phone call. I wasted a lot of time troubleshooting this problem because Public Mobile obviously has no number you can call for support, and they even misdirect you to call *611 which doesn't allow you to speak to anyone. I may have to rethink about switching to a company which actually offers support.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@Roal   Sorry, but according to an announcement by PM staff earlier, this issue was supposed to be fixed by now,

Where do you see that????

They did not say which day, right... you just assumed it is today

Clemhoeck

I managed to get to a CSA with through the ticket. I was told it could take up to 72 hours to resolve!!!! I do believe lots of us are having this issue.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Roal   Sorry, but according to an announcement by PM staff earlier, this issue was supposed to be fixed by now, but, obviously, that is not the case.

Here's the announcement from earlier:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been doing that ajj day

@Roal 

There is a widespread system issue affecting accounts resulting in no service. Pm is aware of the issue and currently working on restoring service to affected customers. Did you recently reactivate your service or go thru renewal in the last day or two?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A lot of customers are having issues in the past 24 hrs. You're not alone.

Roal

I have been unable to send or receive text messages or make or receive calls for about 24 hours now. I have been with Public Mobile for 6 months and have had no issues till date. I have restarted my phone, emptied the text messages cache, removed my SIM card and put it back in. I have a Moto G Power phone. My bill has been paid up recently. Can someone please help me?

Sylvie1231

I did and it does not work. 

nschndr3

How is this an auto pay issue? It took my money yet I still have no service.....

Need Help? Let's chat.