Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Systems Outage - Update: Clear Cookies/Cache

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

New Update:

We are pleased to report the Systems Outage issue has been resolved. We thank you for your patience and support as we worked to get our site page up and running.

Please Note: After multiple tests we can confirm the platform is stable. If you are still having issues, this may be due to caching and cookie blocks. Please try the following:

1. Restart your browser 

2. Clear Cache/Cookies 

3. Login into My Account

Thank you for your understanding,

- Public Mobile Team 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Community, 

We heard your feedback and understand some customers are still experiencing issues. Our technical teams continue to work on resolving the problems.  

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences in our Community. We will continue to update this thread as more information becomes available.

Please be aware of the following impacts:

Some pages are down on publicmobile.ca. This includes:

• My Account & Rewards
  • Account changes via SIMon

Existing Customers: limited account management including, check account usage and balance, make payments with a registered card, manage pre-authorized payments, and paying with a voucher  via IVR by dialing 611 on your phone.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

- The Public Mobile Team

219 REPLIES 219

PM10Plan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still broken here. Two accounts, same issue.

"System error. Please try again."

Tonyjay17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I don't think  it has been resolved  

I am unable to log into my account from yesterday  till today morning  and desperately  need some add om

Any help 

gaoll82t

I still cannot login in to my account this morning after the issue resolved update. It gives system error all the time. I tried resetting password for a couple of times, but it didn't work. My automatic payment did not work since yesterday, so I still haven't paid. I cannot make any phone calls. I want to login in and pay manually, but can't login. Would you please help?

canajien

Whoops realized its likely a cache/cookie type issue on my end, sorry.

gloryj57

You need to provide a phone number for situations like this.  I am extremely upset because everything is done online and we have no online access.  I need to add some out of country coverage to my phone because I am heading into the U.S., and can't do it.  Can't reset my pin, how frustrating!!!!

canajien

Not so fast, I am still unable to do anything as I get a very quick

Page Expired
The page you are trying to access is no longer available.

Right after logging in. 😞

patL

I can login but not update my payment information.  

patL

I still cannot login. 

JoseeShewchuk

I still don't have service and cannot access my account. Tried password reset, cannot call *611 

My credit card is fine, I am on autopay and still have no service.

Please help !!! 

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CarolLo 

Unfortunately, there’s nothing more you can do aside from waiting until PM’s done working on the system.

Access to the My Account website should hopefully return once the maintenance work is completed. 

Patchio

@darlicious 

Just tried accessing My Account 10 minutes ago and I’m getting the same “System error. Please try again.” message from Thursday when the System Outage occurred.

Not sure whether PM is still doing maintenance work on the system, but it looks to be the case in my experience. 

Edit: If the activation portal is still working, at least the whole system isn’t down like it was yesterday. I suppose that’s an improvement. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@zdahlbeck 

Are you still having issues? The system fix was in over 5 hours ago. What do you need help with?

Edit:

Crapola....self serve is down but the activation portal seems OK?

zdahlbeck

I really hope you guys get it fixed soon! I can't activate my new SIM card and my business number is still down mid contracts!!! Ahhhh help me please!

CarolLo

It still shows that the system is having errors. What can I do?

Patchio

A system outage that started some time after 3 AM ET on Thursday, which was officially announced by 11 AM ET, and finally resolved by 11 PM ET.

So an 18 to 20 hour system outage, and the only thing PM has to offer is "thank you for your patience and support, and apologies for the inconvenience".

Don't get me wrong, I understand no service is 100 percent reliable and unplanned outages do happen, but that's little to no consolation for PM users who were greatly affected by the system outage because they couldn't access their account and had their service suspended as a result.

This outage certainly won't help reduce the amount of churn in PM’s users base. 

I say all this as a PM user who wasn't affected by the system outage.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Still getting the Page Expired error in Incognito mode 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Pm has two numbers for the 611/IVR system? I only know of the 1 855 4PUBLIC one?

@ec5 

You need to enter your 10 digit phone number once it connects.

ec5

wow, thank you! Why doesn't public mobile have this on their website?

@ec5 wrote:

what toll free number did you call? does public mobile have one?

@ec5   1-877-4PUBLIC   1-855-4PUBLIC (thanks @darlicious )

cinna

Log out of what? I was trying to get an account activated for the first time so I'm not quite sure what you meant by that. It looks to be fixed now anyway, though.

ec5

what toll free number did you call? does public mobile have one?

ec5

That's terrible. Can you resolve it now that you can log back in?

cinna

Ah, I think they fixed it already, actually! I don't think it was an issue on my end because I already tried all that as well as clearing my cache and such before posting about it. There are provinces in the drop-down menu now, though.

ec5

yes! maybe public mobile could take your suggestion and implement. hyperlink real time payments to a page that describes exactly how to do this...especially when your phone service is cut off and you can't access your account.

@Gene2u wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@SierraBrand01 

@ec5 

the workarounds for payment failures are to always have money loaded onto your account and not to rely on autopay. payment issues have always been a problem here... whenever your account renews that is your signal to load your account with more money. 

I assume you still get the $2 autopay bonus even if your card doesn't have to be charged that month?

@Gene2u   yes, if you are on the old rewards, as long as you have Autopay enabled, you will get the $2 autopay discount even PM doesn't have to make the charge (maybe because you have enough rewards or maybe you manually load the fund earlier) 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gene2u 

Yes....you only need your card registered for autopay before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle to earn the $2 autopay reward.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM 

good news!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Woo-hoo! Thanks for the update.

Now everyone don't rush all at once to login.....

Gene2u

@gpixel wrote:

@SierraBrand01 

@ec5 

the workarounds for payment failures are to always have money loaded onto your account and not to rely on autopay. payment issues have always been a problem here... whenever your account renews that is your signal to load your account with more money. 

I assume you still get the $2 autopay bonus even if your card doesn't have to be charged that month?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cinna 

You need to log out, wait one full hour, clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode when you start over. You gain an extra day doing this as a new day starts at midnight eastern. If you still have problems on your second attempt seek our help again. Don't forget to print your transaction summary at the end or use a phone to take a couple of pics.

Need Help? Let's chat.