Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

09:00 ET - September 21, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - August 27, 2018

Hey Community,

Our technical team is currently investigating this issue and we will provide updates as we learn more. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please contact a moderator here to reset your password.

In order to message a Moderator you will need to create/ sign in to your Community Account. Don’t have one set-up yet? Just click here, select 'Sign In' at the top right corner, then select 'New User? Register here.'

12:00 ET - August 24, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix  for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

193 REPLIES 193

Alan_K

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Looks like the password reset is working again. We will wait and see how long it lasts this time. Cross your fingers!

No official announcement?

I'm hoping to get an update for everyone next week as we continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for everyone's patience!

I tried it yesterday, still wasn't working for me.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Looks like the password reset is working again. We will wait and see how long it lasts this time. Cross your fingers!

No official announcement?

Sept 30th, 2024.  I think they've finally got a handle on it.

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Hmm...Anyone want to start a pool on how long this one lasts?  Smiley Tongue

Hey everyone, 

smp99

Too funny

The Pvt Msg I sent had nothing to do with passwords or my question. But thanks any ways.

So my orig question still stands

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @smp99,

We've received your private message and will get back to you shortly!

Thank you,

Syed

smp99

Hi 

I want to change the password for one of my accounts, but I don't want to lose access to it. So what is the best approach and what are the steps

Just Private Msg the Mods and tell them this is what I want before actually trying to do anything? What do they do, send a link back? Or do I have to start the process wait for it to fail and then notify the Mods

Thanks

smp99

yes - to add to what @stonechucker said. Any kind of up update - even if there is a ways to go or just what. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Alan_K, is there any update to this issue?  It's been over 2 weeks now.  Really frustrating explaining to friends and subscribers that Public Mobile is awesome when simple self-help features continue to fail and are not repaired effectively.

Most Recent Update

13:30 ET - August 27, 2018

@moffa, they don’t bill you.  You agree to pay automatically when your services run out.

This is not postpaid service, which you get billed for.

@moffa wrote:

It's hard to recommend a company that has a broken system.

x2

@moffa wrote:

Too bad their billing isn't broken.  I wouldn't mind free service.

lol

moffa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up a family member and it's been a week and I'm still not able to port their number.  It's hard to recommend a company that has a broken system.

When I initially signed up, my port was broken half-way.

Too bad their billing isn't broken.  I wouldn't mind free service.

@moffa wrote:

Its a little bit of a joke that website for a company that doesn't have a call-in number is broken.

I agree they need to fix the website but for a call in customer service line this is not an issue. This is a feature. You pay "less for less". I do not want them to have a phone number. If they did our price would go up.

Lucky mobile, Koodo, Virgin, etc. Same network but better customer service.

moffa

Is this every going to be resolved? Its a little bit of a joke that website for a company that doesn't have a call-in number is broken.

@jdickson wrote:

thanks for your response - here's what the chatbot says about wait times:

We're actually trending quite well right now and will most likely respond to your support related questions in under a few hours!

I'm guessing I'll have to chalk this lost $10 up to experience as I'm not convinced I'll ever hear back.

I say on behalf of everyone thats been here for any length of time, you will hear from them, unfortunately that is the price of a low cost carrier, without help centres to call...the wait times may be a little longer than we are used too sometimes.

jdickson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent was tagged in my message. The chatbot says this about wait times:

We're actually trending quite well right now and will most likely respond to your support related questions in under a few hours!

That's a crap level of service.

jdickson

thanks for your response - here's what the chatbot says about wait times:

I'm guessing I'll have to chalk this lost $10 up to experience as I'm not convinced I'll ever hear back.

@jdickson wrote:

Is there a way to get someone to contact me? I've sent 4 private messages to @CS_Agent over the last 2 days and haven't heard back.

I ordered and paid for a SIM card that was supposed to have been delivered to me in July - I haven't received it and am having great difficulty in getting a hold of anyone who can help.....

Right now estimated repsonse time from Mods is probably still at around 48 hours.  You only registered here yesterday so you have sent 4 messages in just over a day, I understand it is very frustrating to have to wait for a reply but that is the way customer service with PM is.  Unfortunately you will just ahve to wait for their response.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@jdickson wrote:

Is there a way to get someone to contact me? I've sent 4 private messages to @CS_Agent over the last 2 days and haven't heard back.

I ordered and paid for a SIM card that was supposed to have been delivered to me in July - I haven't received it and am having great difficulty in getting a hold of anyone who can help.....

It may take up to 48 hrs for a response. Tagging the mod team here may help.

jdickson

@ttcn2k4 wrote:

no, I missed the payment on Aug 22 and looked like the account is cancelled after that. Cell phone was working before that

It takes 90 days for an account to be cancelled. If you missed a payment then your number will be suspended but your account will not be cancelled. However you should still be able to access your account and deposit funds to reactivate your number. If you done this and it does not reactivate your account then you need to contact the Mod Team. When you contacted @CS_Agent did you include your account number and 4 digit pin? If not send another private message with this information and a detail explanation of what has happened.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @michellelove721,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox!

Best,

Syed

Jtjj1985

Sorry my bad i thought it had been fixed....i will b more cautious when writing comments to make sure they r correct.

ttcn2k4

no, I missed the payment on Aug 22 and looked like the account is cancelled after that. Cell phone was working before that

mimmo

When you say cancelled has your plan been inactive for more than 90 days?

ttcn2k4

Have tried but didn't work, maybe because my account is cancelled. Thanks any way.

mimmo

@ttcn2k4@Try calling 611 and reload your account via a voucher

@ttcn2k4 wrote:

I have tried many times with the reset password to update my expired card since the last 2-3 weeks without succeed. Try to do as suggested here too. Never receive an email for the link. Now my account is cancelled. Anyway to fix it???? Any phone number to call? or at least a link to reset password to update the payment or so? Never imagine a reset password to an online account can be so difficult today.

You have been trying that long and just coming here now?  You will need to contact the moderator team by private message. It is still around a 48 hour response time to hear back from them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.