Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Delay in receiving Self-Serve password reset email

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

09:00 ET - September 21, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - August 27, 2018

Hey Community,

Our technical team is currently investigating this issue and we will provide updates as we learn more. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please contact a moderator here to reset your password.

In order to message a Moderator you will need to create/ sign in to your Community Account. Don’t have one set-up yet? Just click here, select 'Sign In' at the top right corner, then select 'New User? Register here.'

12:00 ET - August 24, 2018

Hey Community,

We are happy to say that our technical team has successfully implemented a fix  for the delay many were experiencing in receiving their Self-Serve password reset email. Going forward, all Self-Serve password reset requests should trigger a password reset email message within several minutes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience as we worked through this investigation.

-Public Mobile Community Team

193 REPLIES 193

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ttcn2k4 wrote:

I have tried many times with the reset password to update my expired card since the last 2-3 weeks without succeed. Try to do as suggested here too. Never receive an email for the link. Now my account is cancelled. Anyway to fix it???? Any phone number to call? or at least a link to reset password to update the payment or so? Never imagine a reset password to an online account can be so difficult today.

The password function is not working.  Send a private message to moderator for help.

Response time is 48 hours.  Please do not send more than one message because any new message will move you to the end of wait queue.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ttcn2k4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried many times with the reset password to update my expired card since the last 2-3 weeks without succeed. Try to do as suggested here too. Never receive an email for the link. Now my account is cancelled. Anyway to fix it???? Any phone number to call? or at least a link to reset password to update the payment or so? Never imagine a reset password to an online account can be so difficult today.

mimmo

@Jtjj1985 I am pretty sure it was only fixed for 24 hours then broke again the last update was Aug 27

Jtjj1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Technical issues are going to happen.  Thank u PM for resolving this technical issue so we can now reset password without delay.

mimmo

@michellelove721  the password reset is broken.  yo need to cntact mods to reset it.  you can however buy a voucher online via recharge.com and then dial 611 to  to load the voucher onto your account.   (recharge does charge a service fee but not taxes)

also if you do wnat to port out you will need your account number which means you most likley need to wait for mods to reset your account 

michellelove721

I have forgotten  my password and request to reset email comes through at 2 am and when I open it it has expired, I need to update my credit card  this is so frustrating I'm going to have to go back to koodo 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roychang wrote:

Just a minitue ago, I tried it. It still does not work. I need password urgently!

You'll need to send a private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET).
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and click on the little envelope in the upper right of your screen that now has a red blob indicating that you have a message. Or just keep an eye on it and wait to see the blob. But you'll be waiting.

Roychang

Just a minitue ago, I tried it. It still does not work. I need password urgently!

SD08

@EdmondY wrote:

Guess people were testing it so much that it broke it...  😞

Nah...It's been a persistently rickety part of the system that would break if you looked at it wrong.  If a purported fix didn't hold up under stress testing, it was no good anyway. 

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Guess people were testing it so much that it broke it...  😞

SD08

@EdmondY wrote:

Glad this glitch has been finally fixed and people are able to reset their passwords so they aren't locked out of their accounts when they need to adjust things on self serve.  Really inconvenience to contact a moderator everytime and it creates a huge queue for that stuff anyway...

@EdmondY

Look upthread...it's broken again, unfortunately.  Smiley Sad

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad this glitch has been finally fixed and people are able to reset their passwords so they aren't locked out of their accounts when they need to adjust things on self serve.  Really inconvenience to contact a moderator everytime and it creates a huge queue for that stuff anyway...

mimmo

@Ilovecats be patient and only send one private message with the details needed to fot mods to verify your account .they should get to you tomorrow.

Ilovecats

Hi All, 

I sent a message to the moderators about 24 hours ago but I haven't heard from anyone yet. I have been able to login for 4 days. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Handinthedark,

sorry to hear that you've been having an issue resetting your self-serve password! As you haven't already, please send us a private message including your account details. In the meantime, you can try the suggestion mentioned above to remove autopay.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@Handinthedark try calling 611 there is an option to add remove auto-pay.

Handinthedark

This delay is causing am issue, because I'd like to cancel my auto payment and terminate services. Thus is ridiculous, I've been trying to for 5 days, every time I get an email to reset my password (I forgot it), it says its expired or something like that. Horrible service, I sent an email to cancel my services and doing the same here, so I have proof I requested cancellation. Cancel my services please, and I better not get charged for another month!!!!!!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I'm a big fan of LastPass personally but plenty of people out there don't use anything, sadly.  1Password is also very popular, especially among the iPhone/Mac crowd.  

I've looked at lastpass but if they get hacked aren't you kinda screwed? 

Nope. Pretty much all password managers use local, on device decryption. So unencrypted data is never sent and the provider has no access to the unencrypted data. I personally like 1Password. 

@mtfolks@jp2 it depends.  1Password as noted is stored locally but you can also have it sync to Google Drive or iCloud or whatever cloud storage solution you like.  LastPass is always synced to their cloud service and yes you could view that as a vulnerability.  However, the only store your 256-bit AES encrypted password info, they never have access to your plaintext info.  More details:  https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6926

Yes. But any reputable password manager has no access to your passkey as it never leaves your device. So even if the encrypted data is stored in the cloud, your passkey is not. 

In other words, could that encrypted data get hacked from the cloud? Possibly. But good luck decrypting it without the passkey.

Also means the password manager company itself can’t access your passwords even if they wanted to. 

mimmo

@SWH_L as mentioned the password reset is broken again. To reset it you need to contact mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

SWH_L

I'm also experiencing both the inablity to access my Self-Serve account using my previous password and non-receipt of the password reset e-mail.  Made multiple requests for password reset e-mails since yesterday afternoon and none have been received.

Grateful if I could receive assistance with this.

srlawren

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I'm a big fan of LastPass personally but plenty of people out there don't use anything, sadly.  1Password is also very popular, especially among the iPhone/Mac crowd.  

Nope. Pretty much all password managers use local, on device decryption. So unencrypted data is never sent and the provider has no access to the unencrypted data. I personally like 1Password. 

@mtfolks@jp2 it depends.  1Password as noted is stored locally but you can also have it sync to Google Drive or iCloud or whatever cloud storage solution you like.  LastPass is always synced to their cloud service and yes you could view that as a vulnerability.  However, the only store your 256-bit AES encrypted password info, they never have access to your plaintext info.  More details:  https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6926

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Senth89

Sent an email to the mod team 8 hours ago and no response. Please help with password reset

@penelope2  @Booker

It looks like that the password reset function is NOT working again.  You will need to contact moderator to reset password and further concerns.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Booker

Similar issue when I do get my link it asks for my existing password....hello public mobile I don't remember that's why I clicked on the "forgot password spot". 

penelope2

hi guys, I've had to register again with a new user, password.

your reset would arrive hours later and was no longer usable!

ive been trying for days.

listen I am a new customer of 2 months. I auto pay $30 and have never been able to 

receive MMS picture messaging...which is definitely included in my package.

when I check my phone Xperia xl it says I have no APN access point names!!

please get back to me...I've tried and am exhausted. 😣

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jp2 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jp2 wrote:

That's pretty much why I don't use any such services.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

McBryen

I was being a bit cheeky... I do use LastPass (paid) but somehow I got my PIN to overwrite my password. So, I only have 4 digits stored as my PM password 😕

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.