cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Payment Voucher Retailers

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

As promised, we’re working hard to make sure the list of retailers who sell our Payment Vouchers is as accurate as possible.  Because it takes time to make sure all of our retailers are up and running,  we have created a two layered map to help you find a retailer near you.

Click here to find the payment voucher retailer location near you.

1) The pins in green are our confirmed locations.  All of these locations carry Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.
2) The pins in red are all of our unconfirmed locations.  As these have not all been confirmed, you may need to check the availability of our Payment Vouchers before visiting the location near you. 

We will do our best to update our map of confirmed locations regularly.

Also, we want to hear from you.  Let us know about your experience purchasing our Payment Vouchers – good or bad – so we can continue to make things better.

67 REPLIES 67

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Called this shoppers and they have them, I hope this helps

https://g.co/kgs/S2iYtu

Rockdaddy22
I told you that list is no good, I'm very sorry, but it's outdated. If you give me the address of the closest shoppers drug mart I'll call and ask for you, same with CanadianTire gas bar, I'm only trying to help.

willowdalegirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this week I tried to purchase a voucher from Esso at Yonge and Finch 5571 Yonge St N and they no longer sell vouchers. I have been purchasing vouchers there for about 2 years.

the Rexall Pharmacy clerk at 5650 Yonge St, Unit 17 had never heard of Public Mobile though she did a search and phoned Rexall at 4789 Yonge street and they have never heard of them there.

All 3 locations are still currently listed on your website.

I have had advice on the community postings to go to Canadian tire gas bar and Shoppers Drug Mart(not listed as a location on your website). 

I am not interested in rumoured vendors of vouchers in my neighbourhood. I would like the name of an actual vendor of Public Mobile vouchers in Toronto. Someone must have purchased a voucher recently at this vendor.  Thank you

t

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I tried with and without a space, but, for the first time, received an error message not germane to postal codes or vouchers.

Perhaps the service is being phased out. 😞

Rockdaddy22
That link from the first post is useless 😞

Rockdaddy22
I tried both ways

Rockdaddy22
It's small, but there's vouchers at the local shoppers drug mart and at a couple other places I believe. L9R1E1

srlawren

Hi @Martin, I sent my home postal code (in a suburb of Vancouver BC) to 5130 about 10-15 mins ago to test it and I have yet to receive a response.  When you've tried it, do you include a space betwen the A1B 2C3 or just A1B2C3?  I tried with the space.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

It should if you live in a large or mid-sized city in Ontario or Quebec. Do you reside in one?

Martin

Rockdaddy22
Never works for me

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you have SMS capability, send a text to 5130 with your postal code. In a second or two, you will receive a reply, listing nearby businesses selling vouchers.

FYI.

BLD

Thank you, @Jeremy_M.  Sorry for my delayed response (surgery, then recovery >.< ).  I see from the updated list that there is a vendor that is roughly 5 minutes away from me, which is good news.  Enjoy your day, and thank you again for updating the list.

srlawren

That's great news, @Jeremy_M

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @BLD,

Just to give you a quick update -we updated our locations where you can purchase a voucher 🙂

Cheers,

Jeremy

Rockdaddy22
If you have a shoppers drug mart in your area they might have some, they have tons at the shoppers near me in Ontario. They don't show up when I search my area, but they have them, so the search tool is kinda useless.

BLD

Thank you so much, @Jeremy_M.  I will look forward to seeing the updated list/map.

If I could understand what I'm doing wrong in trying to make credit card payments, I wouldn't have to rely on the vouchers, but having access to a closer voucher vendor would be good.  Hopefully there will be one on the updated list that is even closer than the Roselawn one. While it is slighly closer than Trethewey, it isn't closer by much.  I'm sure there are a number of shops within the Eglinton and Dufferin area that would be delighted to take in new business selling vouchers, including a mobile shop that does business with a variety of cell phone providers.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Agreed @BLD

The locations have not been updated as of yet, so you will not be able to see the "new" locations or the retail location I mentioned in my previous post.

I will update this post as soon as our locations are updated  🙂

Thank you for your patience!

Jeremy

BLD

Before I forget, this centre also does not carry vouchers.  When I went there one time to buy one, they told me that they were having too many problems with the setup that they discontinued the service.

Money Mart
1702 Eglinton Ave. West

BLD

@Martin, no, 1815 Eglinton Esso was at the corner of Eglinton and Dufferin.  Bathurst is too far away for me to travel by foot.

@Jeremy_M, thank you again for the Roselawn search, but when I look for it on my own, I do not see it on the list.  Here is the list that comes up for me, but when looking at the map, some of these locations that are contained in this list are not even in my list of options.  The list of vendors needs to be overhauled, it would appear.

http://prntscr.com/9z1727 - as you can see, Roselawn is absolutely nowhere to be seen in this roster.  I can remember calling some of these places a few months ago, and they denied they carried vouchers. The only positive hit I got was the Trethewey Esso, and that is the one I have been using, although it is a very long distance from me by foot.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Jeremy_M and @Kalla_A,

Would either of you please help @BLD with one's payment problem.

Thank you.

@BLD,

You're welcome!

Is 1815 Eglinton West between Bathurst and Yonge? Do you know the precise intersection, and the name of the new station? Obviously, it can't be called Eglinton West, as there already is a station with that name!

I hope that, when the vendors' map is updated, there will be one very close to you.

Cheers.

BLD

Thank you @Martin and @Jeremy_M for your assistance.

To Martin - yes, I did use the proper contact messaging system to send my notice that the 1815 Eglinton West Esso station had been designated for destruction (and has now in fact been demolished) to make room for the new subway station, and got the automated confirmation that someone would be in touch with me within the 48 hour (?) time, but no one did contact me.  Then, someone from PM contacted me to complete a survey and I again mentioned the fact that this location was now gone.  He gave me another e-mail address to use, and so I sent off another message, and got no response.

To Jeremy - thank you for this information for the voucher vendor on Roselawn.  I will see how close it is.  I scanned the map very hard and did not see that one there at all.  Is it possible that PM did not have an updated map up? I checked very recently, and could swear that one wasn't there when I was looking to see if PM had added more payment vendors.

I have tried to set up a 'one payment' option on my credit card a couple of times, but I keep getting a fail at the Public Mobile end; however, when I look at my online credit card transations, the transaction shows up as approved, but I guess because it fails on the PM end, the transaction gets cleared off as non-existant on the next day.  Can anyone tell me why this would happen?  I'm certainly not over my limit on my credit card, because as soon as I make a transaction, I bring my cc balance back down to $0 by immediately transferring the balance owed from my bank account to credit card.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Jeremy_M,

Thank you!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Agreed @Martin

We will be updating our locations shortly, and adding new stores very soon 🙂

There might be a closer location for you than the one mentioned in my previous post:

850 Roselawn avenue

Toronto, Ontario

M6B 1B9

Tel: 416-783-2357

Google map:

Jeremy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @BLD,

I certainly agree with you that the wrecked vendor should have been removed, and that only one webmail should have been necessary. BTW, did you use the web form on the Contact Us page? The reason that I ask is that all other email inboxes are unmonitored.

It's very good of you to be concerned about other customers; it speaks well of your values.

With regard to walking/hobbling for 2 hours each way, that's a feat of perseverance, and one of being able to tolerate the noise. I used to live in Toronto, but relocated because the noise was over-the-top.

Hi @Jeremy_M,
Would you please contact @BLD in order to update the list of vendors? Thanks.

BLD

@Martin I didn't have to call ahead to see if the now dismantled Esso was still active, because it was directly next door to me.  When I went online to find another location, it was still listed as an active vendor, yet it had been leveled by the city, in order to build a subway station.  I wrote to PM twice, informing them that this location was now completely and utterly closed (wrecked in construction), but they continued to keep it on the list as 'active.'  My concern was that other people would be checking the list and going to this location, only to find it no longer existed.  I always call ahead to make certain that a vendor is active, but I don't think it is appropriate of PM to not replace the inactive vendor that was close to me, with another one in this area.  I am disabled with mobility problems, and on a very limited disability income.  Each round trip bus far costs $7.00.  It is costly for me to take the bus, so I end up walking--hobbling, in fact--two hours to the next closest vendor.

BLD

Credit card decline also happened to me.  I couldn't understand why, so I processed it again, so now I have two 'authorised' transactions on my credit card that are pending because they are not 'settled' with the vendor.  Each transaction will take up to 5 days to go through, for some reason.  I don't know what it means, so I have to keep watching to see if payments go through.

I agree with you there, @srlawren. But another potential hurdle is the occassional problem that PM customers face with their valid credit/debit cards being declined. In fact, the last time this occurred (per a discussion on this community) was just this week!

So yes, up to date information about voucher locations would be very helpful.

srlawren

@Martin to be hoenst, I'd have never thought of that.  I would generally trust what the online tool tells me and I would have probably gone to the vendor without calling to verify.  You should be able to trust the info in the tool is current, if PM want folks to be able to buy vouchers to pay for their service.

That said, I still think it's more convenient to just pay through the self-serve site with a credit or [edit: VISA debit, not debit] card, but for some folks this isn't an option, and vouchers may be their only option.  It would be nice if the tool kept an updated/current database.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @BLD,

In the future before going to what is supposed to be a vendor of PM vouchers, why not call the location to see if it exists, and if it has vouchers?

BLD

Thank you for your reply, and I hope that the inactive voucher vendor does get removed in the immediate future.

The Trethewey location that you suggested for me is the one I noted in my post that takes me two hours walk to get to.  It is unfortunate that Public Mobile can't provide a payment voucher vendor in this area, especially since every other major cell phone provider is represented here.

Need Help? Let's chat.