cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Put Your Creative Hat On, It’s Make Up Your Own Holiday Day!

My entry is Celebration of Beer day.  In honor of buck a beer...  Those in ON will understand much better than others.  Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

creative way to have fun!Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

What I would like as an exceptional day of celebration ... it would be a day without mandatory travel (hospital..medicine ...) so no car but contacts with the neighbors..coffee, picnic in the street, games for children and the older ones in shape ..: smileywink :. A day to take the time and give yourself time. And then with special attention for people who can no longer leave their homes alone. They could put a flag on their window to signal their desire to go out or visit ...: smileyhappy:

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

National sleep in day

A day we're you can just sleep in 

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I second what Will13am has said. Smiley Wink

Two days...

If you are a guy, BEER DAY. 

And for the ladies, cause they take pride in their hair, HAIR DAY. 

Any objections? I THINK NOT!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, all! Here's my entry to the contest:

No Spend Day

This day is a celebration of frugality. Everyone should get the day off work to do activities that don't require spending anything. Here are some ideas:

• Bike to your friend's house instead of taking an Uber.
  • Cook dinner, pack it up, and go to the park for a picnic instead of eating at a restaurant.
  • Play a board game you already own instead of going to the movie theatre.
  • Give away all the clothes you no longer need instead of acquiring more.
  • Borrow a book from the library instead of buying one.
  • Have a jam session using instruments around the house. Make some percussion instruments out of things lying around the house.
  • Fix an appliance instead of buying a new one.

When: Every April 6 (the anniversary of Mr. Money Mustache's first blog post)

Optional: If you're feeling ambitious, make it a No Spend Week just for fun!! Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@ooakosiryan I'm curious...what's the anniversary of Mr. Money Mustache's first blog post???

Bill your children day

A day where you can complain to your children about how much they cost you over the years. Don't write off the cost as a lost yet and keep your hopes up about the possible repayment. Feel free to bill them for your time and the hardships they caused, along with rent, food and all other fees you had pay for along the way.

Caterpillar Day - April 13

At sunrise, climb into a sleeping bag and pour in a vat of goo up to your neck. At sunset, climb out and see if you've grown wings.

If you remain wingless, never tell a butterfly, as they will mercilessly laugh at you and use their laser eyes to tickle your bellybutton.

The old Caterpillar Day celebration of feeding your cat random pills is strictly prohibited.

Hairy Potter Day - September 9 3/4

Hug all the hairy people who make pottery!

Unhairy potters are not welcome at the day's festivities, and we cannot ensure the safety of the follicly impoverished who attempt to participate. They would be wise to remain at home and practice for the next Caterpillar Day.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

National Power Down Day

This day is geared towards the young folk! Smiley Very Happy   Turn off all of your electronics, game consoles, tablets, cell phones, etc..   Must  go outside and enjoy the great outdoors, help a senior in need with yard work etc...or just interact with a person face to face!