I'm ok with this I guess 😐
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch

Pricing is too high ☹️ Disappointed with this decision

Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can leave any company in LESS than 30/90 days if there is no contract / no outstanding tab (thanks to CRTC). If your post paid you may not even have to pay the remaining days of that month.

The argument that Public Mobile is better because you can leave every 30/90 days is not correct. People who are locked in signed on contract (normally with a device). And they can still leave they just need to pay the outstanding balance.

Mayor / Maire

Its a bit better. You dont have to 'buy out" of your contract if you owe a balance on your phone, ect. Even if you pay off your tab before leaving, you're still spending more money just to get out of that contract. You can argue that most people are still using locked phones and dont know the benefits really of an unlocked phone. I havent been on a contract for years, but isn't there also an early cancellation fee, on top of paying off the tab?

And you can technically leave PM whenever. you're not really locked in for x amount of days, you just wont get your money back so you can take a loss there as well

Oracle

Then you're not locked in anywhere if you're willing to take a loss. I don't believe there's any fee for paying off a tab early.

Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Agreed!

Unfortunately that's a weak support statement from an Oracle... which by my count totals two Oracles who are not overly excited over these changes.

All good, and I agree completely (just with a stronger negative position).... I just would have thought that the Oracles would have been in the know on something like this.

Guess I was wrong!

VR

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

proves my point that I posted over on the other "announcement"... Plan price hiked to pay for the retail display.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to see that it is more accessible to get a sim card.

Bad to see the high price of it.

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo_L you mean the promo plan that expires as of July 31st? Public runs promos every year too.

I used to have a plan with 400 minutes back in 2012

Every carrier is unlimited minutes today

mimmo_L wrote:

@kav2001c  don't forget zoomer 

current promos: 

• 1gb , 400min canadawide $36
  •  2gb, 500min canadawide $40.5
  • =2.5gb , 600min canadawide$45

2 year term + device

Good news indeed.