cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch: SIM cards now at Walmart!

@jobella wrote:

Hi, 

I just tried to purchase a sim card at Walmart and they said that they could not sell it without activation. There was a huge line and I did not want to wait hours. 

I don't think this follows your advertising 

WM is a bad retailer.  If you are living in the west.  Try London Drug or the new retailer The Mobile Shop insider Superstore.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks but I live in Montreal and none of these near me 

Oracle

@jobella wrote:

Thanks but I live in Montreal and none of these near me 

I’m so sorry for the terrible customer service you experienced at Walmart. I can assure you Public Mobile is trying to educate these retailers about PM SIM cards. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will love public mobile and everything about them! Great service every wares you go and hassle free payments! You can set up for auto pay and receive 1$ every month for just auto pay. Great benifits 

This is false on their end. They can sell sim cards without them setting it up. They also charge you 10$ for a set up if they do it, but if you do it yourself online it is free . I would report that location to public mobile so they can take the proper actions 

Oracle

@Walshke01 wrote:

You will love public mobile and everything about them! Great service every wares you go and hassle free payments! You can set up for auto pay and receive 1$ every month for just auto pay. Great benifits 

Just a quick correction it is $2 every 30 days for autopay

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Just switched to Public Mobile at Prince George, BC Walmart. Warren was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and gave first class customer service. One phone had a problem getting the data working, but Warren helped us fix it in 5 minutes. I would highly recommend that location for a great Public Mobile experience. I had visited another retailer that i would rate 0 for customer service. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Grizzthe  retailer you visited that you would rate 0 for customer service. Please let the moderators know the issue(s) and the retailer in oder for them to have the oppatunity to implement changes to improve customer service at that retailer

Mayor / Maire

@jobella, If you're truly interested in signing up with Public Mobile, and you're not getting help at the Wal-Mart, why not order a SIM card from Public Mobile directly?    https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Is there a version of 'The Mobile Shop' within Quebec that is under a different name?  I'm unaware as I do not know what it would be called. I know I used to work for a grocery store in Ontario that was previously owned by Provigo, and it was purchased (and closed) by the Loblaw's chain that operates 'The Mobile Shop' in English speaking Canada.