Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

175 REPLIES 175

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good deal !

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great offer! Looking forward for such offers in future as well. 

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Can any mods confirm if the 1gb bonus will be able to be reinstated should any  payment bugs or account suspension under 90 days happen if the system automatically drops it for whatever reason?

I suspect that for an answer to that, you'd have to speak to someone who is familiar with the programming of the self serve website and of the plans. Alan_K might be able to answer this.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can any mods confirm if the 1gb bonus will be able to be reinstated should any  payment bugs or account suspension under 90 days happen if the system automatically drops it for whatever reason?

@computergeek541 The old $35 plan IIRC was for 1GB of data and 500MB bonus data for autopay. The promo they had was add an additional 500MB bonus data for a total of 2GB when all was said and done. This plan was on sale in Quebec for $30. I assumed when I heard that PM was doing this was that would just open up the Quebec deal to everyone. I still can't quite get my head around this one.

@kb_mv wrote:

The $25 plan advertises 500MB data and 500 MB bonus data with autopay. This $30 plan advertises 500MB of data and 500MB bonus data with autopay and a 1GB data bonus as a promo. Is this just poor wording on the offer or am I out to lunch in saying the "bonus 1GB is costing $5? I thought this would be including 1GB of data, 500MB bonus on autopay and 500MB bonus data. If you lose the bonus data for some reason are you not paying more for the same as the $25 plan?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.51.04 PM.png

My argument was along those same lines. How can someonething be called a promo/bonus if it is priced higher than regular price (or if the plan didn't previously exist)?  I believe that in some places, that isn't allowed. Do I think that the plan is good?  Yes. But is the 1GB really a bonus?  No. It is costing $5.

When it comes to the implementation of the actual plan, I have my suspicions that it may just be coded as one-2GB block. 

Pawprints1986

@kb_mv yep that's the way I'm wondering about it too... I'm hoping maybe they'll fix it ? Cuz yeah right now we'd end up paying 30 for the 25 plan should the bonus data drop for whatever reason

It's a great deal, if the bonus data can be guaranteed to be reinstated should any bugs or even temporary voluntary suspension happen to your account

Yeah I thought it would be 1.5Gb with a .5Gb Autopay bonus for 2Gb total. Seems like they decided to reword it this way for some reason instead of just making it a 1.5/2Gb plan. I wouldn’t be surprised if CYA is at play with regards to the Federal government Interfering in data pricing and offerings.

AE_Collector

The $25 plan advertises 500MB data and 500 MB bonus data with autopay. This $30 plan advertises 500MB of data and 500MB bonus data with autopay and a 1GB data bonus as a promo. Is this just poor wording on the offer or am I out to lunch in saying the "bonus 1GB is costing $5? I thought this would be including 1GB of data, 500MB bonus on autopay and 500MB bonus data. If you lose the bonus data for some reason are you not paying more for the same as the $25 plan?

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 3.51.04 PM.png

@Pawprints1986 i see. smart play pm, smart play

Pawprints1986

@gpixel but the way it's set up, the bonus data 1gb does have the potential to drop in event of an error. I know it's the same data amount but without it all included in the base plan, bugs or even just missing out due to temporary suspension could happen the way it's put together now

It does @gpixel if the $15 one drops to $10. Stay safe. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@zhadj030 

I don’t recall the exact details in the case of the Black Friday 5Gb add-on promo for new activations, but almost all of the sign up bonuses were worded to the effect that a plan change would remove the add-on. You need t find that wording because I would expect that add-on will be lost.

AE_Collector

To be honest I am operating under the worst case scenario, so I very much know that it will be gone.

$20 plan doesn't make sense... I'm wondering if pm chose not to take on the $35/3gb plan since users were having so many issues when transferring to that promo a few months ago

@Pawprints1986 the plan already is 1.5gb +500 bonus. it's just worded differently

Pawprints1986

I agree about the data and possible bugs! Hadn't thought about it but if that 1gb bonus data drops in a glitch like others have mentioned, you're then stuck paying 30 for essentially the 25 plan which may not stick around to switch back to if that bonus 1gb does drop on you

Can it just be 1.5gb with 500mb autopay bonus ? To avoid these issues ?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@zfx wrote:

Good deal for anyone who needs a little extra data!

I'm waiting for a $20 Plan with 500MB data and 200 minutes national wide 😂 

If you are on the $15 plan with an add on of $5 you will receive an additional 500 Canada wide minutes where the unused portion rolls over. You will just be short on the 500 MB you wanted.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good deal for anyone who needs a little extra data!

I'm waiting for a $20 Plan with 500MB data and 200 minutes national wide 😂 

@will13am wrote:

All the data bonuses make for a messy offering, but way better than nothing.  First time in a long time that existing customers are not left out.  

For something to be considred a bonus, doesn't it first have to have been offered without the bonus?  This reminds me of talk of some companies saying that they only say something is on sale/special and show the discount if that product was offered at the higher price some time within the last so many months.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

All the data bonuses make for a messy offering, but way better than nothing.  First time in a long time that existing customers are not left out.  

@zhadj030 

I don’t recall the exact details in the case of the Black Friday 5Gb add-on promo for new activations, but almost all of the sign up bonuses were worded to the effect that a plan change would remove the add-on. You need t find that wording because I would expect that add-on will be lost.

AE_Collector

I fully agree with @SD08 . It is a bit annoying with all the extra instead of just using it as a single block.

This means the plan is basically 30$ for 500 MB the same as the 25$ plan.

I can already imagine people contacting mods in frustration for some glitch on payment day causing their extra data to disappear (as mentioned above in case of payment not passing).

To me I see nothing but more extra workloads for mods and frustration to customers.

While I will move one of my parents to this plan, I will do it with the knowledge that it will be troublesome if some error happens instead of just change plan and never look back again. 

on a different note I hope that the  Black Friday 5GB one time add-on will not expire when the plan changes.

(and that was the second rant on the subject already, just my 0.02)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for posting the details.

This is overall a good plan, but I wish PM wouldn't insist on splitting the data bucket into bonus components, especially the 1GB bonus which depends on the account remaining active. If a customer's account falls into suspension due to an autopay failure, they shouldn't face losing half of their data bucket because of a hiccup by PM's billing system, even if a moderator can correct it eventually.  Even beyond autopay failure, customers should be given some flexibility to allow their account to suspend due to personal circumstances, which could include financial difficulties, pandemic-related or otherwise.

As for the 500MB Bonus for signing up to autopay, I would think the $2 per month discount reward is already incentive to use autopay.

Just make it a straight 2GB.  Same with the other plans - whatever the total advertised data is should be the defined data bucket in one block, without "bonus" conditions.  /minor rant

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Picture is included 🙂 

Thanks,

Cat

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for this great offer! Keep up the great work and keep these deals coming!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T Thanks. . Point of clarification is it unlimited international picture (mms) text? Or just international text. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.