cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#MyNetworkInFocus Photo Contest!

Danny_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PublicMobile_Illustration_FINAL_EN_NewSizes_720x423.jpg

Hi everyone! With spring on the horizon and cottage season around the corner, we thought what better way to celebrate and engage with you all than to have a photo submission contest. 

What are we looking for?
We want to know where you enjoy your phone service with Public Mobile; whether it’s at home, at work, or on the go! Think about some unique or even ordinary areas where you use your phone to share with the rest of the Community. 

**You’ll get bonus points for incorporating the #MyNetworkInFocus hashtag or Public Mobile logo creatively in your photo! 

Why should I enter?
This is your chance to be part of a fun Community activity and potentially win one of three GoPro Hero 4 Cameras! Check out this link for some tips on how you can step up your photography game. 

How to Enter
Once you have your photo, upload and post it to the comments section below.  Be sure to include a caption (using the hashtag #MyNetworkInFocus) and location.  It’s really important that the photo you submit is your own original photo.  You also must complete a short Google form and check off that you have read the Contest Rules. It gives us your info so we can contact you!

NOTE: Your submission must be original/your own photo! Make sure the size of your submitted photo is under 3 MB (anything above will not upload).  Limit of one photo per person.

Selecting a Winner
A Public Mobile judging panel will review all photos submitted and select three winners.  Photos will be judged on:

1) Photo Composition (50%): Composition will be judged by our in-house expert Amir Golbazi (Check out his Instagram: @AMIR.AG). A long time, passionate photographer, Amir will be looking for the following when judging photos:
a. Creativity & Originality – Does the photo tell a story?
b. Technical Quality – Is the photo in focus? If a filter is used, is it used well?
c. Overall impression – Does this photo grab my attention? Does it have the ‘wow’ factor?

2) Engagement (25%):; Does the rest of the Community like your photo? Their comments and Bravos can make a difference.

3) Caption/Tagline Creativity (25%): Make sure you put some thought into that caption.  Does it help explain the photo?

If there is a tie, we’ll have a random draw between the two tied entrants.

Contest Rules and Regulations
No purchase necessary.  Contest runs April 13 to April 27, 2016.  Read complete Contest Rules (attached) before entering.

So what are you waiting for? Get snapping! Below are a couple of our own photo examples to help you get the creative juices going!

BarrieGolfCourse.pngGeorgianBay.pngToronto.png

66 REPLIES 66

JMG-Mtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And the 3 winners is....

Martin
Legend
Legend

Deleted by Martin.

Tarles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@JohRod, Wow, very creative to put the logo on the boat, awesome!

Danny_M

Contest Closed!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @JMG-Mtl,

I very much enjoyed the word play describing the photo of your April 27 post.

Cheers.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just managed to squeeze in my last minute entry.   Great to see all the submissions. 

Good luck to everyone and also thanks to the PM staff for keeping things interesting. 🙂

imm1304

pixlr_20160427233552608.jpg

#MyNetworkInFocus Connected and Online.  My PM network is one constant in forever changing Canadian weather. No matter where life takes me.   

JohRod

#MyNetworkInFocus works while I'm out on adventures with my best friend. I can always count on Public Mobile to share our unforgetable moments together wherever we go because happiness is found in the simplest of things!

#OutExploringWithPM  #BestNetworkEver  #SelfTimer  #LakeOntario  #TorontoLife

#Love  #BestFriends  #ILoveMyDog  #NatureLovers  

Lakeshore With My Baby.jpg

mashwani

Untitled.png

I personally use my phone for times like theseHawaiian-Shirt-Digital-Media-Sean-Finality-design-Ver.-1.1.png

Danny_M

LAST DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS COMMUNITY! Contest closes at midnight tonight!

JMG-Mtl

This picture represent a big part of the Public Mobile users. Public transport is mobile and public : ) 

I take this picture in the city of Montreal. 

JMG-2016.jpg

#MonRéseauMaPhoto

Poor @Jeremy_M

Don't worry, I'm sure that they can, as they say, If ya can't beat us, join us, lol

Martin
Legend
Legend
LOL with @srlawren!

"Tag along" with a post that shows a picture of horses. I love the double entendre there!

Also, why do I have the feeling that Cat and Val didn't know that you were going to be mentioning the bet in order to get more bravos? Genius plan, @Jeremy_M! 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

As @Cat_L and @Val_T have mentioned in their post, we can't win....but I decided to tag along and take part in this awesome contest.

#MyNetworkInFocus works when I'm north of Quebec, enjoying the Maple Syrup!

horse_quebec.jpg

BTW, If I receive more Bravo's then @Cat_L and @Val_T they both get to take me out for lunchSmiley LOL

@srlawren wrote:

Food for thought*?

*a registered trademark of @Martin ; used without permission.

Uh oh! I sense a lawsuit coming! Smiley Tongue

srlawren

@Leah folks are still watching!  Some might be seeing new picture via the email notifications the community sends you, without actually visiting the thread.  This is how I keep up with this thread.  As @7789849803 mentioned, this is only a portion of the judging, and I would encourage you to enter if you are feeling like you would like to!  The only way you are guaranteed not to win is to not enter.  Food for thought*?

*a registered trademark of @Martin ; used without permission.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Leah Please go through the contest rules on page 1. Post views and bravos are only used to adjudicate 25% of the contest. I would encourage you to participate, because you still do stand a chance of winning!

Leah

Wish I was a good enough photographer for this, a gopro would be awesome! Also looks as if i'm too late... those on the first page with 1,500+ views have many Bravos! Looks like many people don't go through all of the posts seeing as how other posts on other pages have significantly less views. Maybe I'll snap a good pic in time today :D. Good luck everyone, some awesome pictues here 🙂 😄 

Just 3 more days to get your entries in. 

Goku

@Subbanator96 Cute 🙂 

Goku

@Juan_1995 This view is amazing... wow. I live in North Van, think I might have to do this hike this summer. Good to know I may have some service there if I do it. Good luck 🙂 

Goku

@joaqizzle awesome!!!!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @crazyfrog,

I private messaged you.

My brother-in-law was a professional photographer for many years, before he switched to videography. He recently retired from the profession.

His son - my nephew - entered a photo in a contest about 2 weeks ago, and won first prize.Being a nature lover, I was biased towards the photo, not because my nephew took it, but because it struck a chord with me. It was literally picture-perfect. When I clicked the information icon, it was clear that a Canon had been used. I asked my nephew if he had used a phone cam, or one of his father's cameras. He stated that he had used the latter. That is the second first-prize award that he has been awarded in slightly more than a month. The first prize was also earned by employing a camera. My nephew stated that he had made the second photo seem a little warmer because he wanted to maximize the effect of trees overlooking a perfectly still pond. It was so still that the foot bridge crossing it formed a mirror image of the pond. I suspect that my nephew, having access to tens of thousands of dollars of equipment, has a serious hobby for life.

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the world of photography.

Cheers.

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin I am glad you are in the process of taking up photography as a hobby.

While the latest generation of smartphones have definitely come a long way in terms of having good optics that are capable of taking some stunning pics, i still havent left my good old DSLR to take some shots that are close to my heart.

Having said that, iPhone cameras are good but i would personally prefer the Sony Experia line up just because the optics on these cameras capture the true colors of the subject of photography.

I currently also have an Experia Z3 that has a 20 MP camera beside being waterproof (underwater photography that i am experimenting with)

Trust I was able to give you a little bit of headstart with photography.

I will PM you my facebook album link so you view some of my work.

Congrats again on choosing photography as a hobby and you will love it.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @NDesai,

I junked my TV when the transmission went digital. I don't regret my decision; if I want to see/hear something crucial, I can always download it as a podcast.

I listen to CBC One and use my phone to access news not covered by radio. Plus, in the wee hours of the morning, I listen to international broadcasting, which has opened vistas to me heretofore unavailable during daytime programming.

Cheers.

@Martin Seems like you don't watch phone commercials on TV. Man Tongue

Lately I have seen that they tend to clearly focus on cameras. Latest one is the LG G5.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi to everyone who has posted a photo in the community,

Congratulations! The photos are stunning, and the colours true to life. They are truly aesthetically pleasing. I use my phones primarily for business purposes, plus responding in the community. Until now, I've assigned secondary importance to the cameras. I have two 2013 Moto G devices, and one 2015 Moto G unit. I don't know if the cameras are capable of taking photos comparable in quality to the ones seen to date in the community. There's only one practicable way to learn the answer, and that's to read all that I can find about professional quality phone-camera photos and then start snapping away, to see if my cameras are up to the task.

If anyone has any links about phone cameras and taking professional quality photos, please provide them here. Thanks in advance.

On a personal note, I've been looking for a hobby to occupy my time in addition to the community. If my cameras are up to the grade of taking photos that won't leave me feeling disappointed, then my primary thanks are to those who posted their photos here. If it hadn't been for you, I never would have thought of possibly turning photography into a full-time hobby. Bravos to you!

Cheers.

ndfb

@Juan_1995 so pretty!

Need Help? Let's chat.