cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#MyNetworkInFocus Photo Contest!

Danny_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PublicMobile_Illustration_FINAL_EN_NewSizes_720x423.jpg

Hi everyone! With spring on the horizon and cottage season around the corner, we thought what better way to celebrate and engage with you all than to have a photo submission contest. 

What are we looking for?
We want to know where you enjoy your phone service with Public Mobile; whether it’s at home, at work, or on the go! Think about some unique or even ordinary areas where you use your phone to share with the rest of the Community. 

**You’ll get bonus points for incorporating the #MyNetworkInFocus hashtag or Public Mobile logo creatively in your photo! 

Why should I enter?
This is your chance to be part of a fun Community activity and potentially win one of three GoPro Hero 4 Cameras! Check out this link for some tips on how you can step up your photography game. 

How to Enter
Once you have your photo, upload and post it to the comments section below.  Be sure to include a caption (using the hashtag #MyNetworkInFocus) and location.  It’s really important that the photo you submit is your own original photo.  You also must complete a short Google form and check off that you have read the Contest Rules. It gives us your info so we can contact you!

NOTE: Your submission must be original/your own photo! Make sure the size of your submitted photo is under 3 MB (anything above will not upload).  Limit of one photo per person.

Selecting a Winner
A Public Mobile judging panel will review all photos submitted and select three winners.  Photos will be judged on:

1) Photo Composition (50%): Composition will be judged by our in-house expert Amir Golbazi (Check out his Instagram: @AMIR.AG). A long time, passionate photographer, Amir will be looking for the following when judging photos:
a. Creativity & Originality – Does the photo tell a story?
b. Technical Quality – Is the photo in focus? If a filter is used, is it used well?
c. Overall impression – Does this photo grab my attention? Does it have the ‘wow’ factor?

2) Engagement (25%):; Does the rest of the Community like your photo? Their comments and Bravos can make a difference.

3) Caption/Tagline Creativity (25%): Make sure you put some thought into that caption.  Does it help explain the photo?

If there is a tie, we’ll have a random draw between the two tied entrants.

Contest Rules and Regulations
No purchase necessary.  Contest runs April 13 to April 27, 2016.  Read complete Contest Rules (attached) before entering.

So what are you waiting for? Get snapping! Below are a couple of our own photo examples to help you get the creative juices going!

BarrieGolfCourse.pngGeorgianBay.pngToronto.png

66 REPLIES 66

otono_35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@joaqizzle haha, I like the Deer part! Funny and creative. Good luck 😄 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Juan_1995,

Though I'm not Danny, I believe that incorporating the PM logo digitally is acceptable, if that's your preference. It seems to me that first printing the photo and then adding the logo before taking a photo would lead to degradation of overall quality.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Val_T,

I spent about the first half of my life living in Montreal. What exactly is pictured in your photo? The water looks absolutely clean.

Cheers.

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Too bad I can't win a GoPro but I'm still going to share my photo.

My network was very much in focus when I was visting Montreal and as you can see the weather was beaituful too! #MyNetworkinFocus

Any Montreal folks think they can beat my photo? 😉

IMG_4685.JPG

joaqizzle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Juan_1995 awesome 😉

joaqizzle

food ! 😄 

Juan_1995

@Danny_M Hello Danny, I am wondering, for incorporating the public mobile logo... can we add it digitally, or must we print out a picture and take a picture of the printed out logo? Let me know. Thanks 🙂 

Juan_1995

PublicMob.jpgHaving #MyNetworkInFocus means I can rely on having service in all areas I go! This is a picture I took of my brother at the top of Panorama Ridge hike in Squamish B.C.... a 32km hike! I will admit I did not have service throughout the whole hike, but definitely did in many areas through out it, even at the top, which I say is awesome as it's far out into the mountains 🙂 

P.S. no edits apart from adding the logo on the top right corner. This is a beautiful hike I recommend to everyone, it almost looks like a bluescreen projection when you're there. Absolutely amazing. My brother and I are both contending haha. Good luck everyone!

mariliabeltrame

Beau et paisible! Ciel de Montréal en avril!

Beautiful and peaceful evening! Montreal's April sky!

#MyNetworkInFocus #MonRéseauMaPhoto #Montreal #nofilter

MontrealSky_MB.jpg

Today is a beautiful summer type day here in South Surrey BC where i work. This is the rocky mountain view from my office. Hopefully the place they are building doesn't block my view.

It is just 10km away from USA border and still #MyNetworkInFocus is great 🙂

Sorry, don't have a great phone to zoom in to take a clearer pic 😞

mountain view (1).PNG

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

Nice!! thanks for sending a snap from downtown Vancouver! love the view Smiley Tongue

Cheers,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

JUST FOR FUN--I didn't really spend any time on this, just grabbed a couple of quick snaps near my office in Yaletown (near downtown Vancouver, BC). I spend a lot of time using my Public Mobile service in these parts!  🙂   

IMG_20160418_121217156.jpg

IMG_20160418_121217156.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

solawless

I love that Public Mobile never lets me down when I want to share fun memories. Like a lovely Sunday afternoon with my love. Lunch from Crossroads Farmers Market followed by a lazy walk overlooking the Calgary Skyline. #MyNetworkInFocus #LazySunday #PublicMobile #RockysBurgerBus #YYC #CrossroadsFarmersMarket #GoodEats IMG_20160326_142041-01.jpeg

joaqizzle

@Juan_1995 Thanks! 🙂 you too, if you are contending!

Juan_1995

@joaqizzle Beautiful picture! Also love what you did with the Deer part of the caption haha. Good luck!

joaqizzle

Joaquin - Deer.jpgDeer Public Mobile, thank you for giving me consistent, reliable service even on beautiful Burnaby Mountain, British Columbia! I didn't have good service here with my prior mobile provider, but my network is now in focus! Having #MyNetworkInFocus here is important, as I work in this beautiful wilderness and it's important I have service in case anything bad happens. Smiley Happy 

EDIT*: added the same picture but with the public mobile logo on it. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to add it ourselves, or if we had to take a picture with the logo in it somehow so if it is the case we could add it ourselves, the one with the logo can be used, otherwise the one without the logo can be used.

Public Mobile.jpg

@Ocasek-fan Thank you for your kind words. I definitely agree with you. 

Next time, if you want to share something or ask something, please make it separate post instead of replying to some other topic. 

Ocasek-fan

Public Mobile is the best!

Ever since you were taken over by a certain company no one can come close to you:

- in customer service

- in signal strength

- in plan types and price point

This has nothing to do with your photo contest. I just want to say that you have a customer that has witnessed the great changes over the past 2 years. PUBLIC MOBILE IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

Abiola

1460847353090-399263220.jpgI guess this is in the ordinary. I'm chilling at a Starbucks on a Saturday, using my phone service to take care of a huge backlog of emails and text messages #MyNetworkInFocus

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow @jairolevi that's an amazing picture and story! 🙂 What a truly Canadian experience 😛 even down to the phone brand.  

Mystm

12496196_10153736650785041_4817963901853014674_o.jpg

@ the top of the world in Banff and still have enough reception to upload!  #MyNetworkInFocus

Oh wow, @jairolevi! Your entry to this contest is truly amazing. Good work, buddy!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @jairolevi,

Congratulations on becoming a Canadian citizen!

As a second-generation Canadian, I consider myself fortunate that my family chose Canada to which to immigrate.

In 1978, I, too, took Via Rail's train from Toronto to Vancouver. The most beautiful scenes were those of Lake Superior from the domed Observatory car. Truly awe-inspiring!

Cheers!

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Here is mine for the contest!

Story:  When I got my Canadian Citizenship I decided I wanted to get to know ALL OF CANADA.  So I the best thing I could do was to take the #TheCanadian from #ViaRail from #Ottawa to #Vancouver.  

This photo was taken in #JasperNationalPark with a #BlackBerryZ10 and #MyNetworkInFocus helped to post pictures to FB all the way!  🙂

IMG_20150517_191019 (1).jpg

I hope you like this pic 🙂

JL.

PS: Here is the GPS data in Google Maps, I still need to get to know the East side!  The trip was amazing, it was something I had to do from my bucket list!  I strongly recommend you do it too!

z Ida en el tren 1.JPG

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wish I had a couple more pictures showing where I use my phone and where my #networkinfocus is, but as you can see, it gets stolen. A lot. Haha #networkinfocus.

image.jpeg

PS. Most times it's stolen for selfies by my brothers lol not the dogs. Smiley Very Happy

clintonkr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

#MyNetworkInFocus - out on a hike with my dog Leroy in Frontenac Park, Ontario, this past Sunday - shot on my iPhone SE, with Public Mobile, using the stock app in panoramic mode. 😄

Frontenac Park 10/04/2016

JMG-Mtl

Nice idea from Public Mobile will try my luck... Goodluck to all! : )

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A fun and great idea from. Public Mobile.  Goodluck to all the participants!  

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @jairolevi,

I wish you the best of success in the community event.

Cheers.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can I only submit one photo ?

I have maybe 5 that I would love to share.

Please let me know,

JL

Need Help? Let's chat.