cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

@popping 

Made me look. 🙂

Okay I have to ask.... what are you talking about?

I just checked the announcements board. Nothing there...

AE_Collector

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@wbg13 wrote:

I don't see it on my account yet either.  Great holiday giveaway!  Thanks PM.

@wbg13 

You won't see it on your account. You would need to go in to Purchase Add-ons and then "buy" the gifts. Zero cost.

@Anonymous Thanks.  I meant to say I don't see these free add-ons to be added on my account yet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brockb wrote:

Hello I’m having trouble getting my two free gig for the holiday promotion. I just join the community as I believe you have to do that to get the promotion. Just wondering what I should

Log in to your self-serve, click on Purchase Add-ons, click on the + button of the two gifts, click on Buy add-ons. They're zero cost.

brockb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I’m having trouble getting my two free gig for the holiday promotion. I just join the community as I believe you have to do that to get the promotion. Just wondering what I should

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wbg13 wrote:

@wbg13 

You won't see it on your account. You would need to go in to Purchase Add-ons and then "buy" the gifts. Zero cost.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I prefer the free add-on data than the unlimited slooooooow data offered by other providers.

Thanks PM

All my accounts received the holiday offer.

But someone has to pay for these free add-ons.

PM took 10 cents from one account and 40 cents from another account.

Minimum PM charge is $1.  Give me a break PM.  It is not possible to spend less than a dollar on self-serve.  Fix the software bug.

I will wait for couple of day before creating a ticket to determine whether it will go away like the phantom referrals bug.

wbg13

Thanks public mobile for ringing in December 2020 with some Christmas cheer by way of your 2nd annual "More the Merrier" campaign! I was able to add it to all of the accounts I manage except one. I'll be checking up on that account later in the day.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous Ah I see... I didn't know there was a bug. My free data add-on was never reset if I remember correctly. Will watch my account this year. 

vn33

It showed up in two of the three family accounts we have. I will check again later for the outstanding account.

Thanks for the holiday cheers, PM!

I love freebies!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@homer wrote:

Thank you. Which data package will be used first? I remember last year my free giveaway data add-on was used up before my plan data... which was a pity. 

Last year there was a quick bug that rapidly consumed the gift data. They fixed that and reset everybody.

But it's supposed to be that the so-called add-ons get consumed after plan data.

Keep an eye on it and if it hits the gift data rather than plan data then ask them nicely (it's a gift after all) and see if they'll change it around. One of my accounts still has 10gb of free data. 🙂 (but then I barely use data on that account as I use another account for data that does not have plan data..just add-ons)

Bluesnoopy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happy holidays everyone!

And don't forget to enter the $10K in giftcard giveaways.

Thanks Public Mobile!

homer

Thank you. Which data package will be used first? I remember last year my free giveaway data add-on was used up before my plan data... which was a pity. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am : What thunder? Seems to be a rather quiet launch. It was "announced". No stolen thunder.

I guess you right.  The link is up.  There is no more secrecy.  I was just thinking that there might be an official announcement thread.  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/holiday

@jimbobs wrote:

@yamuna22 wrote:

Hi Team,

I don’t see the holiday give away addons on both of my lines under purchase addons section. I see it on the website that it’s available for all customers. Please let me know what other details are required.

thanks.

I just added mine a few minutes ago.  Maybe try again now?

These add-ons will be slowly made available to all customers throughout the day until they're available to all.

jimbobs

@yamuna22 wrote:

Hi Team,

I don’t see the holiday give away addons on both of my lines under purchase addons section. I see it on the website that it’s available for all customers. Please let me know what other details are required.

thanks.

I just added mine a few minutes ago.  Maybe try again now?

@Mattredwingsfan  they're adding it to accounts in increments. Maybe so there is not a serve load.

One of my other accounts do not have the option yet.

In your account click Purchase add-ons and they will be at the top.

Screenshot_20201201_090115.jpg

Screenshot_20201201_090139.jpg

You click the plus sign to add one. Do for both calling and the data one then click purchase add-ons.

Check back in your account later if it is not showing.

Mattredwingsfan

so if this something available to existing customers I don't know where to find it, I checked my add-ons and didn't see anything about this 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anand_public wrote:

I cannot see it in my account yet. Believe we need to wait during the day and/or coming days to get the add-on. Offer is till Dec 31st.

@anand_public 

Go in to Purchase Add-ons. It's zero cost. Same method from last year. Only the summer 2019 gift showed up on its own.

anand_public
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot see it in my account yet. Believe we need to wait during the day and/or coming days to get the add-on. Offer is till Dec 31st.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am : What thunder? Seems to be a rather quiet launch. It was "announced". No stolen thunder.

SriS

PM_PurchaseAddOn.png
PM_PurchaseAddOn.jpg

@Anonymous  even better than last year's gifts 😁

Screenshot_20201201_090206.jpg

Rather than steal any thunder, I would wait for the official announcement.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing this out @raknahss . I looked around but didn't see this.

Happy December!

raknahss

More is merrier with Public Mobile

PM_Holiday_Giveaway.png

Need Help? Let's chat.