Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance over the weekend

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As you may have noticed, there was some backend maintenance over the weekend that didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately, some customers felt the impact with their accounts being suspended or not renewed.

We couldn't comment earlier on the situation as we needed to evaluate the situation, impact, and root cause.

Good news: The issue has since been resolved since Saturday,5:30 pm EDT. Accounts that were erroneously suspended, should now be fully restored.

Our service levels should be back to 100% by end of day (5 pm EDT).

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

-Public Mobile Community Team

16 REPLIES 16

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
@erickethier Always better to start a new thread for better visibility.

Sounds like you'll likely need to private message a mod so they can look into your account. Instructions on how to contact them can be found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

erickethier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello my service is not workling can you please help me

Thanks

@Luddite better late then never was on the late announcement, not the glitch itself. Glitches happen all the time for all providers not just PM, as someone else mentioned it could have been a lot of help if it was posted on Saturday not on Monday

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe it's just me but whats the point in posting an announcement 2 days after?

People wanted to know on Saturday what was going on.

If you remove all lines of support except the community forums at least provide status updates 

I'm sure it was very fustrating for all affected 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Jeremy_M, thanks for the update! 🙂

Stickyjonz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
At least we now know what happened. Thanks for the info. Do you know EXACTLY what the issue was, so this won't happen again?

X-Files

Thanks for the update. Robot Happy

henrylam501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was one of the unfortunate few affected, however all is fine now, thanks to the mod who reversed the credited back the extra payment I had to do to re-activate my account,

Thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M Hopefully PM can use this as a learning experience and should any type of issue happen again that there is some more proactive measures taken and plans in place.

• simple announcement on community saying we are having an issue please be patient we are working on it.
  • announcement/updates on facebook or twitter
  • give mods a little more flexability in posting/pinning
  • i'm sure there are many other ideas

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Thanks for the update. Will we see this fix the plan prices by 5pm as well?

😉🙃😂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the udpate.  I just migrated a friend over to the service.  The activation process was perfect.

@zhadj030 wrote:
This comes as a good news for everyone that got affected.
I would have personally preferred if there was an announcement earlier then this. A quick announcement at the start of the issue could have sufficed something in the like of "we are experiencing some issues at the moment and we are working on it, stay tuned for updates " or something like that .
Anyway better late then never .
Big thanks to the mods for their support .

Not so sure "better late than never" helps with this type of glitch. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
This comes as a good news for everyone that got affected.
I would have personally preferred if there was an announcement earlier then this. A quick announcement at the start of the issue could have sufficed something in the like of "we are experiencing some issues at the moment and we are working on it, stay tuned for updates " or something like that .
Anyway better late then never .
Big thanks to the mods for their support .

skmkenn

Thanks for the update Jeremy, and I'd also like to give a big thank you to the Marie, Annie, and the other moderators that worked through this outage to get service restored to customers.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo wrote:
Please give a big bravo to Marie and the other mods that were working over the weekend.

Already done! Thank you, Mimmo!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the update. And please give a big bravo to Marie and the other mods that were working over the weekend.
Need Help? Let's chat.