Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching ready-made plans + more!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve made some changes to our plans page, activation portal and Self-Serve portal, with the goal of making it easier for you to activate, renew and understand your plan.

Before we get into the details, we would like to say a big thank you to @imm1304, @TheOldVR and @BrrMcGrr for helping shape the development of these systems improvements. Your insight was super helpful and informed a lot of our decisions! Would you like to be a part of shaping the next systems development? Comment on this thread, and we’ll note you down as the first to contact.

Update #1- Removal of the Discount Column in our Plan Builder

As of January 15th, we removed the discount column and individual service prices from our plan builder in both the Self-Serve and activation portals. These changes were made to reduce customer confusion and ultimately create a more seamless plan-building experience. Although these elements will no longer be visible, rest assured that our rate plans will continue to provide the value you've come to love!

Update #2- Launch of Ready-Made Plans

Today marks the launch of our ready-made plans. These are popular plans that include talk, text and data options that we know our customers love. You can find them by checking out our Plans and Promotions pages, as well as through Self-Serve and the activation portal. Ready-made options help take the work out of choosing a plan, allowing for an easier and faster activation and renewal process. If the ready-made plans aren’t exactly what you’re looking for, have no fear, you can continue to build your own plan exactly how you like it.

We’ve also made some other exciting improvements including the ability to easily compare our ready-made plans and the ability to toggle the purchase of Add-Ons on or off. This way you can make sure you’ve chosen the plan that’s best for you, and get through the activation process faster and with fewer obstacles.

FAQs

Question

Answer

Why is the discount field no longer included in the plans calculator?

Based on member feedback, we decided that removing the discount column from our plans calculator would make the plan-building experience easier to understand.

Are plan prices changing now that the discount field has been removed?

Our goal with this change was to simplify the plan-building experience. Even though the discount column is no longer visible, we’ll continue to offer the great, low prices you’ve come to love! No prices have changed at the time of this calculator update.

What is the purpose of a ready-made plan?

Ready-made plans make it easy for you to activate or renew on our most popular plans as quickly as possible. With services already selected, and math already done for you, ready-made plans help you check out in no time.

Is there a price difference between the ready-made plan and a customized plan, if I were to select the exact same features?

The price of a ready-made plan won't always match the price of that same combination of services in the plan builder. For instance, a limited-time promotion will likely be priced differently and might be highlighted in the ready-made plan section, but not be in the plan builder. Moving forward, we plan to use the ready-made plan section to highlight both our best ongoing offers and our limited-time promotions.

-Public Mobile Community team

60 REPLIES 60

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

More like launching a price increase

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
There ready-made plans, promotional, more advertised plans tend to be 30-day plans with $2 AutoPay reward activated when you can just get the same deal without the $2 AutoPay reward activated by choosing the 90-day version. With the $2 AutoPay reward activated and the 90-day version technically being a better price (without over complicating it with the time value of money, with the current interest rates making the time value to be nominal). Public Mobile appear to be focusing on the 30-day plans and attempting to shift to be more of a typical cell phone carrier to compete and get customers from the other cell phone companies while a lot of PM current customer come aboard for the uniqueness, customizability and affordability. Some of the sources of their affordability also being factors of their uniqueness. If we wanted typical plans for typical prices we could go to Telus or Koodo. PM’s plans should be fair, honest and affordable.

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to Know. Thanks for the update

Jorno

wrote:

Is the old 6 GB of 3G speed data plan gone/increased? 

6GB of 3G speed are still available.  Select "Build Your Own Plan" from the Plans page to see the following options:

- 4GB + 2GB bonus at 3G Speed for 30 days

- 3GB + 3GB bonus at 3G Speed for 90 days

Note: edited for clarity (I hope :))

jpar

Is the old 6 GB of 3G speed data plan gone/increased? 

wrote:

@Brooke_C this thread might be good feedback https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/60-5-gig-plan-wasnt-available-at-checko...

@will13am is there post about the person you mentioned in the above thread?

That was one, this is the other. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/New-to-PM/m-p/214671

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brooke_C this thread might be good feedback https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/60-5-gig-plan-wasnt-available-at-checko...

@will13am is there post about the person you mentioned in the above thread?

bsperanz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren @NDesai

After I screen capped that, I hit refresh and it looked normal. I'm not sure which version of windows my laptop has (it's about 5 years old)

@bsperanz @srlawren @Jorno As i mentioned earlier, when you browse to the Promotion page directly from this community or from any other web page from the new layout PM launched a few months back, it will display correctly. When the promo page displays correctly, refresh the page and it won't be so nice. If you then go to plans page and back to the promotion page by clicking those menu buttons, it will be back to the correct layout. 

This is a minor bug as the real plan selection changes in the self-serve and activation are completely different compare to what we see on the PM web site.  

sqaisar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for providing this information. I am new to the online community and just changed plans and learned of the loyalty pay. 

srlawren

@Jorno yes that's correct.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jorno

@srlawren, that is the page that displays in Chrome when you select the "Promotions" tab from https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/?

srlawren

@bsperanz weird, I don't see that at all in Chrome (on Windows 10):

PromotionsPage_Chrome_Win10.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bsperanz

PM.jpg

This is using Chrome

bsperanz

I 100% agree with @mimmo and others with reformatting the data list. It is way too long and scrolling down to see the price option is an unnecessary hassle. Being able to see the subtotal as you are selecting the options is a great feature and should be seen on the same screen when selecting the options. I'm on a 17" laptop screen and it isn't visible. It would make things much easier to follow

dna2016

Great to see PM @Brooke_C putting the consumer experience first in mind.  I think these are great adjustments that will not only help consumers with their choices, but also speed up the process at the same time.  Great job @imm1304 @TheOldVR & @BrrMcGrr for the support you provided in order for these changes to occur.  

In an era that revolves around simplicity, efficiency, and speed, I think this definitely enhances the consumer experience.  Great job PM.

matbasm

Just a thought (and please don't take this the wrong way, and maybe I am over simplifying things)...

If a potential customer is having a hard time picking three options to set up a plan (vs. selecting a pre-built plan), then wouldn't that same customer also find it difficult to obtain support for their plan, given that PM is a no phone support carrier, and all support is done via the community & private messages to the moderators.

I'm not saying that pre-built plans are bad, just...

I think PM is focusing WAY too much on the Plans

Yes, Plans are Important, BUT focusing on these while the other ISSUES take back seat can lead to so many potential hassles down the Pipeline

@Jorno Yes, they broke that page as they moved some of those promo plans to Plans page. It is weird that when you go to Promotion page from Plans/Why Us/Get Started page, it displays correctly. 

Jorno

I was taking a look at the new changes to the plans page and noticed a formatting issue.  When I select the "Promotions" tab from https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ (in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge) the below page formatting displays:

Screenshot-2018-1-27 Public Mobile Promotions.png

My apologies if this is not related to the plans page changes or if the above is the intended format.

Edit: just noticed, as of today (10 Feb 2018), the page format displays properly in Firefox and Microsoft Edge. 

@srlawren, I will say this:

Public I think is focusing way TOO Much on Plans, and Not enough on other aspects.

If PPL can't Fully Understand the Pick and Eat Combo, then Just Ditch it, and in it's place the Ready-Made Plans

Just finish with that, and try to get to the areas That maybe MORE Relevant

Sounds like a good idea.

Will the discount previously showed on the plan builder also be hidden from the invoicing (will the charged fees appear in a more "simple" way for people who are not used to read them)?

srlawren

@makkahn28 I gather you disagree with the plan combinations PM marketing chose to highlight?  I don't undertstand your "non-starter" comment about province-wide calling:  I bet if we did a survey of PM customers, about 70-80% (purely a guess, and based on what I see in the community) are on province-wide talk plans.  It does appeal to a certain demogrpphic, which happen to coincide fairly well with the market demographic that PM seems to target.  Also, anyone can pick any plan combo they want.  Maybe they just need to highligh the classic plan selection tool a bit more.

My opinion, I think PM can do a Better job.

This Ready-Made Idea is NO different from the Pre-Bundled WHEN PM had the NOW-GF Legacy

Also, JUST the Prov-Wide is a Non-Starter

More like a Gimmick than an Actual, useful thing.

IF PM thought this was Better, they may as well Discontinue the Pick and Eat approach

Vickel

This is good, pre-made plans make it easy to signup and not miss an option.

Great work!

bilal684

Nice changes, keep it up 😛

denkom

This is a definitely a step in the right direction, but now i'd love to see some real promos to go along with this change!

cstar707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The new structure worked Perfect just signedup my Girlfriends phone and it was much easier then the last structure that create a bug in my plan when I signed up my phone and had to get a Mod to fix my plan.

way to go keep up the good work.!!

I don't know... I've been trying to look at the plan selector in Self-Serve since yesterday, however it's not working for me.

I still prefer the pick-and-pay approach, as I understand what it is, and how it works.  Also, I'm a stickler on reading everything, and understanding before I just click!

For those who need the pre-packaged link... great.  Go for it!  But I still like the 3 choices.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is going to be very helpful for many.  We see a lot of people posting in the forums about forgetting to select a plan feature because it takes a number of selections to complete the plan choice.  This way, one click is enough. 

Need Help? Let's chat.