cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Enhancements to your Public Mobile App Experience!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are excited to share, our team continues to work hard on improving our app to enhance your experience. 

Starting today, there will be a number of enhancements released in the Public Mobile app. This significant improvement not only ensures a smoother and more seamless user experience but also enhances overall app performance. Thanks to all your feedback shared with our Community, and from participants in our recent user testing sessions, it’s played a significant role in shaping our journey. 

We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you. Please continue sharing, and to sign up for future user testing opportunities to contribute feedback directly to the team working on these enhancements. Thank you! 

Latest updates

• Performance & Esthetics 
  • Navigation Paths  
  • Data Usage Feature 

Keep an eye out for more updates in the future as we continue app updates and improvements.

- The Public Mobile Team 

70 REPLIES 70

Why can't you download it? Is your Google Play Store set to a different country? Or is your phone too old?

In either case, you only need the app to do the initial activation. Once activated you can manage the account fully from the web. Noting that, can you find a friend or family member who can download the app for you to do the activation? The PM sim doesn't need to be in that phone. Or do you have a tablet you can download it on?

Eric_v2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in BC in Sechelt and cannot download the PM app from Google Play to activate my eSim.  I need an alternative or I will have to bin my PM subscription.  Can I get this sorted at my local Telus/Koodo store?

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm happy with the new plans that include free roaming in the USA. I used to spend quite a bit over the course of a year on roaming charges since I live close to the US border. 

The Community account that you're posting to here is a separate sign-in from your account login.

BobN

I still cannot login and yet when I post a comment it has my name. What is happening?  I cannot access my account to CANCEL a service I am NOT on.

G_Pomzz

The app is getting better all the time. It's still a bit slow but even that seems to have improved with the latest tweaks 👍🏻

Rayjen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the update.

EdN

Want to be able to see list of referrals 

Max1288
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The application is better but we will pay dearly for this improvement with the abolition of the rewards program.

@dwh1 I noticed the same thing on Android with regards to going back a screen. The left to right swipe on my Pixel should go back, but most of the screens within the app doesn't seem to work that way.

I don't notice the animation, but it could be because the Public Points migration popup keeps showing up over top of it while it's loading 🤷

dwh1

@J_PM Overall this app is a huge improvement from past versions, and while it's clear that there are areas that are still being worked on, I wanted to call out two things on the iOS version:

- the animation on the data usage meter is more annoying than helpful. The app knows what my usage is fairly quickly, and yet I have to wait for the animation to display it to me.  I'd really like that animation to be eliminated.

- The app lacks a "slide left to go back" gesture which is almost universal in IOS apps, so I keep trying to go back and then having to remember I need to scroll to the top and tap the Back button.

These are small issues compared to the overall improvement in this version, but hopefully you can consider these changes for a future version.

Legacy_Rewards

@will13am wrote:

This latest app is definitely a big improvement over the previous edition.  The account tab seems rather busy.  I wonder if it would make sense for a new ribbon to appear where the list of account options are placed in several bins instead of a single long string of options.  One of my accounts is missing the account PIN option, not sure why this is the case.  I have only been able to make this appear once before on the old app.  It would be nice to include a logout option on more than just the account tab.  

The latest app still has issues with activations. Could PM spend some resources in making the activations go more smoothly instead of getting stalled activation….contact an agent.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This latest app is definitely a big improvement over the previous edition.  The account tab seems rather busy.  I wonder if it would make sense for a new ribbon to appear where the list of account options are placed in several bins instead of a single long string of options.  One of my accounts is missing the account PIN option, not sure why this is the case.  I have only been able to make this appear once before on the old app.  It would be nice to include a logout option on more than just the account tab.  

positronmchappy

They don't care. Reps don't even acknowledge it's an issue. But, I could waste more time & battery life submitting photos; showing only "voucher" option, to other reps in outer space. I like the pricing & the network, but am unable to recommend Telus' love child.

Lilith1313

Exactly. Ignoring us and pretending it's business as usual is not going to end well for PM

Sushi_Combo

A massive improvement over the earlier versions of the app. Great job ! 

JohnB1970

The add more funds button is still gone it was so easy for me to add more money to my account and now its disappeared please do better as i could use my bank account info and add more money please fix this!

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Schr0ding3rscat - I think they hid the ever safe loading bar with a different dynamic one for all of the HTML plugins like the rewards menu:

IMG_6942.jpg

Schr0ding3rscat

The new app is much better! My only request is that the backend received some upgrades, the eversafe authentication slow and unreliable.

fixin

No wonder why it took a while for them to update the app... it hasn't been updated since October!

Salvo1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Screenshot_20240312-181057.png

 good job. Friends !!!

EdN

I believe this "improvement" will suck hard like the forced transition to Public Points.

fixin

My next suggestions: Go accordingly to if you are on Light Mode / Dark Mode

Dark Mode = Blue (New colours)

Light Mode = Light Peach (Old Colours)

You can change it to be according to your

1. Phone's Current Light / Dark Mode state.
  2. Personal Preference within the app.

It won't change the current experience, other than that the buttons will be lighter.

Just a suggestion.

Yes. This is from yesterday, but it's basically the same variance today. The usage breakdown is the correct usage. I understand the data limit now (it includes the add-on's, although even that's off a bit), but the usage is only correct in the breakdown.

1000011560.png

1000011561.png

Edit: I'm guessing the usage is including the 1GB of the add-on that was used over a year ago. Very confusing, and not valuable information to display there IMO.

@DennyCrane wrote:

So far I like it. The data limit and usage on the main page is wrong though. But it seems quicker, and I prefer the look over the tan colour.

@DennyCrane , is your usage (under usage breakdown section) there accurate?

@J_PM wrote:

The meter functionality is dual. The new meter includes both plan data allotment as well as any active add-ons!

This isn't a decision that I agree with.  Although it's more consistent with the information provided by 611, this wil cause customers to misunderstand the amount of data included per billing cycle.

The meter functionality is dual. The new meter includes both plan data allotment as well as any active add-ons!

Ethan_

The new app design is sleek and well-organized, which I appreciate. However, it would be great if the EverSafe login feature could be improved to remember devices correctly. Currently, it doesn't seem to retain the checkbox selection, which can be frustrating.

avishany

Loving the new app☺️

Cjacinto

Definitely better than the last version. Seems easier to navigate on first trying it out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.