cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join us at Public Mobile Fest - our first ever music festival travelling the streets of Toronto!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We are excited to announce our first ever music festival - Public Mobile Fest. Public Mobile Fest is a mobile festival which will be travelling across Toronto neighbourhoods and hosting pop-up performances.

Here’s the 411:

Where is the festival taking place?

At various locations around Toronto! See the schedule below for more details.

Date

Time

Artists/Bands

Sat Aug 26

12:00-3:30pm

Front & Simcoe (180 Front Street West)

• Connor Morand (12:00 - 1:30pm)
  • Mermaids Exist (2:00 - 3:30pm)

5:00-8:00pm

Yonge & Eglinton Centre

• MIRIAN ft. Noble Sobel (5:00 - 6:30 pm)
  • Beth Moore (7:00 - 8:00pm)

Sun Aug 27

12:00-4:30pm

King & Spadina (78 Spadina Avenue)

• Mermaids Exist (12:00 - 12:45pm)
  • WAVGODS (1:15 - 2:00pm)
  • Connor Morand (2:30 - 3:15pm)
  • Robbie & Matthew (3:45 - 4:00pm)

6:00-8:00pm

East Liberty & Hanna (171 East Liberty Street)

• Connor Morand (6:00 - 6:45pm)
  • Beth Moore (7:15 - 8:00pm)

Tues Aug 29

12:00-4:00pm

Victoria & Gould (Ryerson O'fest)

• Connor Morand (12:00 - 1:00pm)
  • WAVGODS (1:30 - 2:30pm)
  • Mansuki (3:00 - 4:00pm)

6:00pm-8:00pm

York & Bremner (25 York Street)

• Robbie & Matthew (6:00 - 6:45pm)
  • Peter Graham (7:15 - 8:00pm)

Sat Sept 9

12:00-2:00pm

King & Brant (540 King Street West)

• Joyia (12:00 - 12:45pm)
  • Jake Feeney (1:15 - 2:00pm)

3:30-5:00pm

East Liberty & Hanna (171 East Liberty Street)

• The Thick (3:30 - 5:00pm)

6:30-8:00pm

College & Crawford (725 College Street)

• Mark Brathwaite (6:30 - 8:00pm)

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates!

Who will be at the festival?

Con: Beyonce isn’t in town

Pro: We have an exciting lineup of local artists ranging from Folk to Rock to Jazz & Blues who are sure to keep you entertained.

What’s the cost?

Free! We like to keep your wallets thick.

Why should I come?

No brainer. The final days of summer are upon us and who doesn’t like a free music festival?

We also think you’ll:

1. Be entertained by our awesome lineup
  2. Meet some of the Public Mobile team
  3. Score some free swag!

Hope to see you there!

Public Mobile Community

56 REPLIES 56

Slammer111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what PM is trying to accomplish here.  Thought they were supposed to be "no frills".

Why would Telus buy PM, resurrect it, then turn it into an orange version of Koodo?  Please stop doing these "useless" promotions and go back to your roots (word of mouth, no advertising).

@stonechucker wrote:

I don't live in the GTA, but I'm from Ontario.  I feel just as upset about this, as I did last year when the Adele tickets were up for grabs.  Toronto may be where the headquarters are, but your customers are not all Toronto.

Its great you have expanded to localism Walmart and WOW Wireless stores for SIM card purchasing, but the choice of Walmart bothers me, as they really are not a company I wish to deal with as I do not like their business practices, especially when dealing on employee issues.  Mind you, there are very many companies I have the same complaints.

support and give to your current and future subscriber base.  The Nation Wide base.  How about live streaming the concerts, or at least record them for the many who will not be able to attend?

They can't please everyone and so why not please as many as possible by doing this in the centre of the Canadian universe.  I say this even though I won't be in town while all this is going on.  Although I have no gripes about the locale, this event is definitely out of character for this carrier.  Is this part of the transition to Chatr II?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Lame, you should spend the money fixing your infrastructure first. Still very glitchy

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Have fun. 🙂

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I hope you're wrong but I tend to think you're not. And I hope people don't view my criticisms as sour grapes. 

I was super pumped when I switched over to PM and would tell anyone I thought might be interested how great a provider they were. I even got my MIL and FIL to switch over and save themselves some money (they were with Telus paying double the price!). I loved the idea of paying less under a self serve model that let me be in control.

With the recent changes I haven't been able to offer that same endorsement and that's really a bummer IMO.

@mtfolks With you all the way, but I have begun to accept that that day is over. Smiley Sad Telus is now firmly in control of pricing and marketing direction. 

An active technically knowledgable community definitely has advantages over call centres but that seems, to me, PM's only plus currently. PM will no longer be the lowest price in all its categories, but rather just among the lowest, hence the focus on promos to attract specific customers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mtfolks

How so @kav2001c? Providing feedback (both good AND bad) only helps to hopeful improve the customer experience. Providing feedback allows PM to know what's working and what isn't; what customers like and what they don't.

Personally, as someone that lives in Vancouver, I don't like seeing that after PM has effectively raised their rates and decreased data speeds on previously priced packages that they are throwing a "free" (although it's not actually free since we as subscribers are paying for it) mobile music festival for people in Toronto. 

I think PM would be better served going back to their old model of providing the great value and exceptional service that encouraged their existing customers to recruit new one's without them having to spend a single dime on advertising their brand.

My hope is that if they get enough negative feedback to the changes they've made that they will see the folly of their ways and look to change direction. Though I'm not holding my breath that they will.

mtfolks
How so ?

Giving PM feedback (both good AND bad) only serves to hopefully help improve the customer experience! It's one way to let them know what's working and what's not; what changes customers like and which ones they don't.

As someone who lives in BC, I don't like that they've raised their rates, effectively decreased their data speeds on previously priced plans, and are now spending some of that money to throw a "free" (actually, we as subscribers are paying for it so no it's not free at all) mobile music festival for people in Toronto. That doesn't work for me and I think it's important that PM knows that.

PM should stick to what they do best and continue to leverage good value and excellent customer experiences to encourage existing subscribers to help recruit for them without needing to spend a dime advertising their brand.

I hope others will continue to push back on these changes as well so that PM sees the folly in this new direction and chooses to change course. Tho I'm not holding my breath that they will.

Too many sour grapes these days. Some really need to give it a rest.

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

...Party must go on, if have time will be there, GOOD!~ Robot wink

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks not so far from me. If I have time, I will join that.Smiley LOL

I don't live in the GTA, but I'm from Ontario.  I feel just as upset about this, as I did last year when the Adele tickets were up for grabs.  Toronto may be where the headquarters are, but your customers are not all Toronto.

Its great you have expanded to localism Walmart and WOW Wireless stores for SIM card purchasing, but the choice of Walmart bothers me, as they really are not a company I wish to deal with as I do not like their business practices, especially when dealing on employee issues.  Mind you, there are very many companies I have the same complaints.

support and give to your current and future subscriber base.  The Nation Wide base.  How about live streaming the concerts, or at least record them for the many who will not be able to attend?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
🤐

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@SD08 wrote: 

Hmm...maybe I can score a t-shirt or a long distance add-on...  Robot Very Happy

If you get it, don't forget to share a pic here Smiley Wink

Sure, if you want to see a pic of a guy talking on the phone for 400 mins.  Smiley Tongue

@SD08 wrote: 

Hmm...maybe I can score a t-shirt or a long distance add-on...  Robot Very Happy

If you get it, don't forget to share a pic here Smiley Wink

SD08

@Luddite wrote:

No can do. Ralph treats these as Public Mobile Feasts! 👺

RalphRalph

I heard there'll be swag.  Ralph could look fetching in an orange cape and booties. Cat LOL

Survalex
Nice, will be there!

Mypm1
I'm with you. I will show up, but I'll have a sign that looks a lot like a protest.

I'm super angry with my service and I've only joined a week ago. I am a fully functioning adult who has a job and requires her phone to keep up with her, I'm also asthmatic and these "glitches" are having me fear for my safety.

But cool, totally cool, put money into lame "music festivals" to promote your non functioning brand.

What is this fyre festival for cell phone service?

🤦🏻‍♀️👌👎

Lets get the party started!

Wonder_why

Are beers included on the music fest ?

Chris1223

I can't wait to check it out! See you all there!

mtfolks

Gonna be honest, rather than sponsoring music festivals on the other side of the country that I can't attend I'd prefer you focus on going back to being the cheap, no frills, self serve provider your customers used to know and love.

I think you'll find your customers appreciated your previous business model more than they do the current pay-more-for-less-service-but-hey-come-to-our-sponsored-music-festival model you seem to be adopting.

Very disappointing, folks. You've missed the mark once again in my books.

No can do. Ralph treats these as Public Mobile Feasts! 👺

RalphRalph

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Allllllriiiighhht, I shall be there

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry, on the other side of the country... However, i'd be just as happy with a new promo targeting all potential/existing customers! 😉 😉

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Can't fly out there 😞

Oh well, those who are in GTA, have fun and let us know how it goes 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.