Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Dropped calls issue

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

9:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We can confirm that the solution our team implemented earlier today to address customers’ voice calls periodically dropping has been resolved.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this service issue may have caused and thank you for your patience as we worked to find a resolution over the past few days and we recognize the frustrations you have felt. To that end, in the case of a technical glitch like we experienced, we want to be certain that the information we are sharing with our customers is accurate and helpful. However, as you have voiced, we too believe that updates should be timely as well. We have heard you and we are committed to improving our processes so we can keep you informed as much as we can going forward.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

4:30 PM ET - May 8, 2019

Hey Community,

We have implemented a solution to resolve the issue causing customers’ voice calls to drop during peak times. We are actively monitoring the Community and our systems to ensure there are no further inconveniences to our customers. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience. We will provide a further update as soon as possible.

12:00 PM ET - May 7, 2019

Hey Community,

We are aware that some customers continue to experience dropped calls during peak hours and our team is working to address this immediately. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here and we can assist on a case by case basis.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. We will provide further updates as soon as we know more.

12:00 PM ET - May 6, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified the source of the technical issue causing select customers to experience dropped calls during peak hours. We've implemented a solution that we believe has resolved the dropped calls issues. However, we are monitoring and ask customers to reach out if you continue to experience any issues.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. We will provide an update first thing tomorrow morning.

May 3, 2019

Hi Community,

We have heard your concerns around some calling and service issues and we thank you for flagging them to us. After investigation, we have identified the cause of the issues some of you have been experiencing and want to share an update.

1. Dropped calls - We’re currently experiencing an issue in which select customers may experience dropped calls during peak usage times (approximately 4 to 7pm ET time). Text/data capabilities remain unaffected. Our team is diligently investigating the source of this issue and is fully committed to restoring normal functionality as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your understanding.

• What you can do if you want to connect with someone during peak usage times:
      • Use texting, wi-fi, or data to stay connected
      • Use wi-fi calling apps

2. $15 Plan - We’ve successfully fixed an issue that affected the service for select customers who signed up or changed to the $15 100 minute plan beginning April 30. This issue arose at 12:15 AM ET on May 3rd, was identified by our team, and was fixed as of 1 PM ET May 3rd. We understand that staying connected is important, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• If you’re on this plan and are experiencing any issues other than dropped calls, please contact our Moderator Team by sending them a private message here - don’t forget to be as descriptive as possible and to include your account information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible.

We apologize for these inconveniences and the delay on our end in updating you officially. We always look to identify what the issue is and the impact while gathering as much information as we can before announcing, as we want to mitigate any concerns or questions you may have. However, we understand that those of you affected directly, want an update right away. To that end we are working on improving our internal processes in order to get in touch with you as quickly as we can.

Stay tuned as we will update you on the first issue as soon as we can.

Public Mobile Community Team

314 REPLIES 314

@DanielleMarie  Yes a major pain in the a$$ pocketbook. I think all the most important calls have been made just have to field all the credit card companies calling to confirm that I have not applied for their card. Three so far this week!

Kiki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM does not care about our problems...it is a cheap mobile service...try Freedom Mobile?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

I have had 2-3 dropped calls a day in the last 2 weeks or so...both short and long ones. This has been extremely inconvenient in regards to me dealing with a stolen purse/identity/fraud debacle to have dropped calls waiting or during conversations dealing with fraudulent activity and security issues with my bank, credit card issuers, the Canadian fraud centre and both credit reporting agencies. An occasional dropped call is a nuisance. Consistent dropped calls especially during a stressful life event is bordering on unacceptability.

Ugh, that's unfortunate. If you still have important calls to make maybe try using Google Hangouts or something? Hopefully PM can fix the issue soon.

AJT42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, but we have both (2 phones) been experiencing Call drops very hour or at best 1hr 20mins over the past year. It is  very annoying but not lethal since they are calls to family. We have not seen any improvement, in BC 

@mamu wrote:

I’ve got the same issue. Calls no longer drop after a few minutes as happened repeatedly in April-Mat but long calls still drop, typically at the 45-minute mark. I now warn people in advance that the call will drop if we talk for too long.

(I’ve used same phone with Virgin for 4 years and never dropped a call until I switched to PM this spring.) 

@mamu I've noticed the same thing lately on long calls. I don't normally have a problem with this happening occasionally but very irritating when you've been on hold for a long time and it happens before your call is answered.

mamu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve got the same issue. Calls no longer drop after a few minutes as happened repeatedly in April-Mat but long calls still drop, typically at the 45-minute mark. I now warn people in advance that the call will drop if we talk for too long.

(I’ve used same phone with Virgin for 4 years and never dropped a call until I switched to PM this spring.) 

danmor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also have been experience dropped calls since I started with Public Mobile several months ago. I recently brought my phone in for repair, and they switched out the motherboard. I'm requesting credit for a new SIM card, so that my old SIM card doesn't ruin the repaired phone.

n31295

You were smart to leave. I stopped dropping calls for a month and now I'm back to every longer conversation dropping. What provider did you switch to? Also feeling like the few dollars saved per month isn't worth the frustration of dropped calls. 

n31295

I am getting a bit frustrated. The mod asked me to list dates/times/providers for everyone I'm dropping calls with. It's tons of people with tons of different providers and the only common denominator is ME. I really think I'll end up leaving PM over this. So frustrating. I used the same phone with Telus for 3 years and not a single dropped call until I came over to PM.

@ArmanCan you elaborate how does that work? What does Public Mobile has to do with Lucky? and how can you get the corporate parent to call?

Arman
Don't. Waste your time with moderators, Stop at one of the shops and ask them to call lucky mobile number and open a case. Telus will call you

@n31295  hi it seems people are still having issues here is the link to a moderator   link

n31295

I had no issues for about a month but it's started up again over the last couple weeks. This time calls are dropped after about 30 to 40 minutes instead of after 7ish minutes. Anyone else still having issues?

Arman
it happens randomly. There is a new issue which my text will get to the recipient by delay up to 2 hours. We need to raise this issue to moderates and Telus

Bleu7

Still happening for me.

@JoeBush wrote:

Yes I'm still getting them from time to time, but not as bad as before which was several dropped calls in one conversation. And that was with another PM user.

JoeBush

Thanks. I'll keep an ear out for any dropped calls if they do occur.

An update was provided that a specific plan was directly affected, and has been resolved.

Your plan may have been one of those directly affected.  You can try again if you wish.  I've been here for 3 years, without any major issues.

chrism

Thanks

@JoeBush wrote:

Yes I'm still getting them from time to time, but not as bad as before which was several dropped calls in one conversation. And that was with another PM user.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not going to switch back.  It was really bad for me, wasn't worth saving a few $ per month.

JoeBush

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chrism I think the problem has been resolved. 

chrism

Is anyone still experiencing dropped calls?

It was really bad for me about a month ago and I ported to another carrier, wondering if they have fixed the issue.  Thanks,

Kiki

@JoeBush  thank you for the suggestion - I have already tried that, still dropping calls...

Arman
Factory Reset did not help me. (I did). It is system issue. and not individual phone issue. Actually mine resolved without rebooting my phone

Arman
Yes I am, But based on Tech support comment , They are still looking for root cause and it may happens again anytime to anyone

JoeBush

Save files then do a factory reset. Worked for me.

Kiki

@Armanare you able to text yet?

Arman
what is you suggestion beyond Do Noting and waiting?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Arman  If everyone opened a ticket, even those without problems, all that would do is make the backlog of moderator response times even worse...

Arman
I think we all with or without drop call should open a ticket for PM.

Kiki

I am continuing to experience dropped calls, this issue is still not resolved....

Need Help? Let's chat.