cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

@npubuaa wrote:

I refered my friend to used PM service and he activated the service on Dec 27. How come I have not gotten any rewards now. 

I have been with PM more than one year. But I have not gotten 1$ loyalty rewards yet

This keeps coming up about referrals.

You should have received a text message either in the day your friend used your referal or the next morning. Can you check back to see if you received it?

You also would have received a $20 bonus referal credit into your available funds if your friend activated on Dec 27. Check for that.

Was this your first referal? Can you take a screen shot of your online account home screen and post it here blocking out person info and referal code. There should be a Refer a Friend Reward showing there.

Did you ask your friend if they received the $10 credit from using your referal code to activate?

As for the 1 year loyalty reward, what day exactly did you join PM? It is awarded at 1 year but since PM plans are 30 days long you will renew for your 13th 30 day plan 5 days before your loyalty award arrives and it will then go towards payment if your 14th 30 day plan. However, there have been some glitches with the loyalty rewards so you may have to check with the moderators. Tell us your start date and we can help you.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@npubuaa wrote:

I refered my friend to used PM service and he activated the service on Dec 27. How come I have not gotten any rewards now. 

I have been with PM more than one year. But I have not gotten 1$ loyalty rewards yet

You should get the $20 one time credit within 72 hours after your friend activated her/his plan.

Did your refer-a-friend reward went up $1 after your friend's activation?

Your loyalty reward will be added to your account shortly after your anniversary date.  Since PM billing cycel is 30 days.  Your anniversary date is 5 days after your 13th payment(the 12th renewal).  You will get the $1 applied to your 14th payment.

npubuaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I assume it will be honoured through midnight eastern Jan 1. Either the wrong date of Dec 31, 2019 was put on the announcement OR it was done on purpose giving the one extra day of Jan 1 for last minute activations though no one knew it was "last minute".

@Tiana_V 

Going back half a year or so it looked as though the community was being given a heads up of at least part of a day and in some cases up to a week when open ended promos were going to end. This was quite a nice bonus for the community to have a bit of warning to close any in progress deals as well as to be able to accurately inform others of start and end dates etc.

Is there any possibility of getting back to that scenario in the future or is the directive to end promotions over night even though they originally had no end date? 

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  Ok I'm glad I'm not crazy...i was positive it was still in my account last night. Did Tiana have a day long hangover and forget what day it was today? Hindsight is 2020....

It was in both places last night.

@computergeek541  Ok I'm glad I'm not crazy...i was positive it was still in my account last night. Did Tiana have a day long hangover and forget what day it was today? Hindsight is 2020....

@AE_Collector wrote:

Okay, looks like this offer is done 😞

On the initial posting now says that it expired December 31, 2019. I miss the days when we got a day or 2 notice but oh well.... 

I know, I'm not getting many thumbs up for THIS POST.

AE_Collector

It'll be interesring to see what Public Mobile does becauae evem last night, tbis offer was still being advertised on the home page.

Last year the customer promo ended the evening of Jan 1, it was either the second month free promo or the 6 x $10 credit promo. The $25/$25 referal credit bonus carried on a bit longer if I recall correctly. Maybe until Jan 10 or 15. Then there was nothing for another month or so.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Thats what ive been keeping my eye on in my account so im sure i checked it yesterday after texting my friend with some additional pm info....and the first thing I checked when the announcement  disappeared. Just a little suspicious. I only want the announcements to be up front and accurate. If it expired at midnight on January 1st I would have much less of a problem.

I didn't think to look there, I have only looked at the community announcement.

i have this screenshot from my self serve page from Tuesday Dec 31 only followed by today's version of it.

AE_Collector

3EA32579-395D-4D97-A719-1D8237D65CD7.jpeg73253C71-469E-4E45-A909-13A472EFADA4.jpeg

@AE_Collector  I was in and out of my account a few times yesterday and I swear I saw it still there but I only took a screenshot of my data not my overview.

I was keeping a very close eye on the two offers expecting something to happen very soon. I kept checking the initial post for edited wording as well as the last post in each for any sort of announcement. I'm virtually certain there was no indication here last night yet this morning it has been uprooted from the pinned announcements and says it expired Dec 31. 

Oh well, it was a good run, I did well and thanks to Public Mobile for thinking of the existing customers yet again. I would love to see some stats on customer numbers through these various promos (but know that I won't). I think that paying us to Sell PM is an excellent tactic!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  How did i miss that? The announcement came down today but I'm sure the offer was still in my account yesterday. It was there for sure on the 31st. Did they announce yesterday and no one noticed?

Okay, looks like this offer is done 😞

On the initial posting now says that it expired December 31, 2019. I miss the days when we got a day or 2 notice but oh well.... 

I know, I'm not getting many thumbs up for THIS POST.

AE_Collector

@j7791 Here's an idea? Create your own post. Looking for sim in Missisauga Area. If anyone has one, I'll use your referral code. They'll get $20 for the convenience. 

You can use the SIM you ordered to sign up your first friend. I keep a half dozen on hand at all times. 

Here's a list of vendors in case you haven't checked one of them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Where-to-buy-SIMS-for-Public-Mobile/m-p/302311...

Walmart near L4T 0A4, put your postal code in find in store here and see if one close by has some. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/public-mobile-triple-punch-sim-card/6000198752020

Call before you go to make sure they'll sell you one without activation, or activate instore as well.

screenshot-www.walmart.ca-2019.12.30-12_03_54.png

j7791
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mississauga, I want to stores, both no SIM card of PM.

Orded from Amazon, and it shows arrive Jan 11.

@j7791 3-7 days actually, but three may be too long???

Where did you go? What city/town?

j7791

Great offer.

However, I went to the local PM stores and all the SIM cards were sold out. Have ordered from Amazon with a delivery time of two weeks.

Hope this quote will not expire in a short time.

Please click the 3 dots on top right of your post and edit the post to remove the referral code you posted. It's against the terms of public mobile forums to post referral codes.

edited by computergeek541: removed quote material that encourages people to contact one of the other members

online525

Wow!

catchat3

So exciting! Can't wait for my friend to receive their SIM card 🙂 Thank you!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nmora check your messages on this site

nmora

I will soon get a Public SIM but have no one referring me. Any volunteer?

@crazyfrog wrote:

I have just been referred to come back to PM. How do I see or rather where do i see the Referral Credit.

Log into your self serve account. But it could take up to 72 hours to receive the credit

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have just been referred to come back to PM. How do I see or rather where do i see the Referral Credit.

Fluidmax

Received the refferal bonus, about 48 hours after the person signed up, so many perks this december. It pays to be with public mobile.

@Chuchamiga  Your friend should have gotten a text saying they successfully referred a friend. They can also check in their account under rewards. The last 4 digits of your number will show if they click on the little arrow to the left of rewards.

@Chuchamiga wrote:

I didn't know it made a list, we will find the list and check it, thank you kind john mayer

You can't check in your account. Your friend can check if part of your number is in the list.

Chuchamiga

I didn't know it made a list, we will find the list and check it, thank you kind john mayer

@Chuchamiga wrote:

Hi

I signed up with pubic mobile jesterday but how to know sure if the referral code was working when putting the transaction through?? It was saying something like need referrer code or must enter referrer code even though I had the correct referrer code in the box. It took me about 30 minutes just to get passed that page because every time I submitted the info it would gift me error with those replies above. Is there way to vericheck I'm get the tan dollars? and same for my referee ?

Chupa

Ask the referrer if they have you in the referral list or just wait 72 hours for the credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.