z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second term FREE when you activate ANYWHERE

@Catherine_T wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if it's online only or both online and in store

Thanks

Hi there! This applies for both online and in-store activations.

Thanks,

Catherine

@Catherine_T 

Soo....ok...why can't you make consistent messaging everywhere? One place says online, another place says either. etc.

It would save your valuable time not clarifying the messaging every time if the wording was consistent and clear to begin with. Same with 30 business days. No..it's just 30 days.

I'd be happy to join your marketing team for a small salary to check and verify that messaging is consistent everywhere. 🙂

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

@Catherine_T wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if it's online only or both online and in store

Thanks

Hi there! This applies for both online and in-store activations.

Thanks,

Catherine

@Catherine_T 

In store only up until Dec. 14 11:59pm EST, correct? I wouldn't want people complaining that they registered for the offer, activated by Dec. 25 11:59pm EST but didn't get the credit.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus wrote:

Yup...

It is so simple.. It called timing.

Just want to test the network single before I go to another plan.

I lost that $5 for 6months and this deal.

Wrong timing for a new activation.

@kaytus 

How so? You can register your email address by Sunday and Willa have until Christmas Day to activate. Lots of time to test the signal. Anyone near you on Telus should have a very similar signal.

AE_Collector

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

There is that always confusing “Register your email address Before December 14” statement as well. “Before December 14” likely MEANS “BY December 13” thus by midnight EASTERN time Sunday. Never a good idea to word it like that, this has caused endless confusion and bad feelings in the past. If it really is Friday, Saturday and Sunday to register (not Monday as well) it should be worded “Register your email address BY Midnight Eastern Time Zone Sunday December 13” not BEFORE December 14.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

There is that always confusing “Register your email address Before December 14” statement as well. Before December 14 MEANS BY December 13 thus by midnight EASTERN time Sunday. Never a good idea to word it like that, this has caused endless bad feelings in the past. If it really is Friday, Saturday and Sunday to register (not Monday as well) it should be worded “Register your email address BY Midnight Eastern Time Zone Sunday December 13” not BEFORE December 14.

This depends on the definition used, and is the very reason people avoid using the term midnight. I consider midnight to not be the start of a day but actually the end of a day. I am aware that electronic device change the date at midnight, but not everyone agrees with that.  I agree with you that it really should say before the end of day on December 14th.  In the details that I see, the webpage says "Effective December 11 2020 until December 14 2020 at 11:59PM ET."

Nicolebonte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Tags (1)
Nicolebonte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's only online

Tags (1)
mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nicolebonte wrote:

It's only online

It's available in-store too this weekend.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

More than just “the weekend”. Register your email by Monday evening. Then you can activate an account online (yourself) or at a dealer through until Christmas Day. Most of these have been Online Only meaning YOU do it yourself Online but this one is either way.

So even if you are just thinking about it....register your email address and you will have until Christmas Day to think about it and get it done. If doing it yourself the need for a SIM card is the main thing to get to work on. Ordering from Public Mobile seems to ALWAYS take weeks and there is now less than 2 weeks to get activated. I would say pick it up at a dealer or order one from Canadian Cell Supplies. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

More that “the weekend. Register your email by Monday evening. Then you can activate an account online (yourself) or at a dealer through until Christmas Day. Most of these have been Online Only meaning YOU do it yourself Online but this one is either way.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The reason for having the offer registration up until now has always been to allow time for SIM cards to arrive that have been shipped.  As such, I can't see in-store activation done after December 14th being eligible for this offer. I asked Catherine for further clarification but have not yet received an answer.   Public Mobile has done these sorts of offers before and the in-store eligibility was only good for the same period of time as the online offer registration.

Need Help? Let's chat.