cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB bonus for the next 6 months, $40+ 4G plans!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting today until July 18 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of bonus data every month for free* for 6 months on 4G speed plans, $40+ or higher with promo code: 4GPLANBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Simply make note of the promo code: 4GPLANBONUS
  2. To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card today, and then activate online by July 29, 2022 at 11:59PM ET. 

Offer Details:

• To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card between July 15 and July 18 at 11:59 PM EST, and then activate online by July 29 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online only.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on any 4G rate plans with the use of the promo code. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- Public Mobile Team

13 REPLIES 13

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@JackL wrote:

To counter your final statement: Already moved and bye~

So why are you still arguing here?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How about instead of the tired & arrogant "Do your own research" line which is often cited by those making extraordinary claims in the political world, you actually offer an example or 2 of providers that offer 10 GB for $35? And have you tried any of these providers? If so, how are they? You can post them here - AFAIK PM will not censor your post for naming competitors.

I'll give you a similar example using "my own research". Fonus Mobile claims to offer unlimited data on 5G networks & many other features for just $30 USD per month.

The good? Super cheap, fast, endless data compared to Canada's big 3 which start at no less than $75 CAD per month, some good reviews.

The bad? You're at the whim of the USD value, I have not verified if this is too good to be true, & a few bad reviews too.

But it's not a huge loss if it turns out to be bad service, by the looks of things.

So again, what company offers 10 GB per month for $35?

@JackL   

My point is , the 4G plans won't be PM's bread and butter for now.  It's there as an option  for high end plans, as you see $40.25 and above.   I don't see PM cares the sales at the moment (The core based are on the $25 plans and below ) and that's why the 4G prices  are not competitive at all.   Also, it doesn't have to be competitive with Postpaid because some people who have no credit history or people who prefer to hide their identity, they have no choice (or so few the choices) but to come Prepaid.  Since the customers have no choices (or so few the choices) , why need to have the price low ?

JackL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do your own research, the one I'm referring to is a tier 3 or even further down in the list.

I am on a postpaid plan without credit check, not even an ID check, I used my nickname just like I did for PM.  On a $35 for 10GB of unthrottled permanent data allowance, prepiad is another option too if you want, plus call centres, plus official monthly statements.

I mentioned in my 1st post "The new PM 4GB plan is not even competitive at all." and you quote as well, I don't really know what is the point for discussing $35 plan or even $25 plan. Does PM has a 4G plan at this rate now?

@JackL wrote:

The new PM 4GB plan is not even competitive at all.

There are other 3rd party cell services that offer unthrottled 10GB permanent data allowance 4G plan for $35 CAD across Canada, plus they include 611 support from a real person. Plus eSIM support

If PM does not really like to keep your old customers, fine, people can move on.

@JackL 

In business, not always the cheapest win.  And most business cannot offer the "best deal" for everything they offer

PM, and other Tier 3 and postpaid providers have a different target market than Tier 1 and 2.  

Tier 3 providers are usually focus on lost cost plans.  $25 (maybe even $35) and below are their main focus.   Anything above are not a strong business for them.   

But why they still offer?  it is because they are prepaid.  Prepaid providers are good for those who don't have the credit history to join Postpaid plans.  Those without good credit history have no choice but to stick with Prepaid providers like PM.  With this in mind, PM, and others Tier 3 , does not have to offer the best 4G high usage plans to compete with Tier 1 and 2.

JackL

Yea, thats right, by lobbying ur friends and family over to PM. Nah man, I am a responsible person for people around me, not gonna give people bad advise, just cuz i could get that $1 off from everyone, while they could have been on much better rate and plans.

To counter your final statement: Already moved and bye~

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@JackL wrote:

If PM does not really like to keep your old customers, fine, people can move on.

And yet PM somehow keeps their old customers. I'm one of them.

Because not everybody needs or wants what the 4G4G plan offers. And because PM offers a lot of other things than their 4G4G plan - things which are quite competitive indeed. What other provider will let me get what I get (and keep on giving me more) for about $5/month?

To counter your closing statement: If do not really like what PM offers, fine, move on. It would be smart to get the best deal which fits your needs, wherever it may be - it would not be smart to stay where it is not offered.

JackL

The new PM 4GB plan is not even competitive at all.

There are other 3rd party cell services that offer unthrottled 10GB permanent data allowance 4G plan for $35 CAD across Canada, plus they include 611 support from a real person. Plus eSIM support

willbates

Agreed! I would have made the move to 4G with the 4GB plan if I was eligible for the extra 2GB, I guess I'm staying on 3G with 5GB of data. Oh well! 

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As usual, new customers only, & only 6 months. Given that this is the 1st time 4G plans are being used for a flash sale, I would've suggested a better idea (like 2 GB bonus for the entire time one has that plan or any more expensive 4G plan) & to offer to existing customers too.

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, it was the other day they announced it.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Did I miss the announcement of "4G Speed" plans?

They seem more exciting to me as a category (and as a step towards VoLTE support) than yet another +2GB promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.