cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 2GB bonus for the next 12months, $25+ plans!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting to today (March 25), new customers can get 2GB of bonus data every month, for free* for 12 months on $25 plans or higher with promo code: 12MONTH2GB. Plus 50% off your SIM card for a limited time.

This offer is available to new customers who activate online or at participating retail locations.  Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Optional: to have the promo code sent to your email, submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email, or simply make note of:  12MONTH2GB
  3. To redeem this offer online, order a SIM card today, and then activate online by April 15, 2022 at 11:59PM ET. 

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $25 or more using the promo code by April 15 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for 12 months.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $25, $35, $40, $50, 60 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- Public Mobile Team

18 REPLIES 18

rycarse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jnz Follow the suggestion from @softech . I had much the same issue as you, I opened a ticket and the PM resolved it quickly. I urge you to do it soon so they can look at it before the promo ends on Apr 15.

@Jnz open a ticket with PM Support.  Tell them your situation,  They are usually very understanding and might be able to manually apply it back for you. 

to open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My Account: Click https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Jnz

Hi, I ordered sim card on April 4th from online. And through live chat, the customer service told me I can get this promotion plan when I activate my number. I just received sim card today and finish activation online. But when I entered "12MONTH2GB", it does not work. Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.

@rycarse wrote:

So I first joined Public on April 1, chose the $25 plan, and it says I'm not eligible for the 12 mo 2GB promo. Is that because I also used a friend referral code? Thanks.

Referral codes and promo codes are seperate things and have no effect on each other.

rycarse

So I first joined Public on April 1, chose the $25 plan, and it says I'm not eligible for the 12 mo 2GB promo. Is that because I also used a friend referral code? Thanks.

ThibaultL

Hi I am new at Public since 1 week, and I don't have it online or in store, the consultant just didn't offer it to me, is it still possible to take advantage of it? Thanks 🙂

@DPhares wrote:

Hi, why I can get my 2GB Bonus ?

its for new activation only.  put in the code

DPhares
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, why I can get my 2GB Bonus ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

sandokhancleare: You will need assistance from the support people.

Anybody notice the different name style and changed name of the OP?

sandokhancleare

Hey when I signed up with you guys the gentleman at the store forgot to put in my code and I was told to come here to get it fixed as that's what the reps on the phone told him . Can I get some help please

@dust2dust 

Long-term loyalty rewards or loyalty rip-offs notwithstanding, this promo is still a great deal if you're a new customer looking at low-cost no-obligation prepaid plans with 12-month (or less) commitment.

If you plan on sticking around afterwards then no more promo bonus. You get some new Loyalty Points, not as good as old Loyalty Rewards in the long run but still free money you wouldn't get back from any other provider. And you can reasonably expect your plan cost won't change (increase) for the entire 12-month promo duration.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public would say that our loyalty is entitled to a 30% rate rise on the $10 plan taking back 3 years of that loyalty.

Akoetass

DITES MOI , LES NOUVEAUX ONT DROIT À 2GO SUR 12 MOIS ET NOUS LES ANCIENS ONT A DROIT A QUOI?  Aidez moi à comprendre si j'ai manqué un bout . public mobile pense à récompenser notre fidélité .je crois qu'il est temps que j'aille voir ailleurs.  il parait que L'herbe est verte de l'autre coté

Korth
Mayor / Maire

• Offer available to new customers who activate online.

Always the same set of basic conditions attached to these promos, and people often ask or complain about this one.

But what other way is there to activate? Yes, someone else (a vendor like London Drugs or Walmart, etc) can activate and setup and port your account for you - but they'd have to do it online, just like you would have to do it online. There's no "offline" way to do it - or is there? Why is this apparently redundant condition always specified on the promos?

@Cheetahboy   Yes your wife should submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and ask customer support to add the missed referral code so that she can receive the one time $10/10 points credit and you receive the 1 point/30 days as long as she has an active account with PM.

As for the new promo 2GB for activating on $25 plan, she will also need to make a request and see if customer support will facilitate that too as long as you just activated the account today.

Here's a link to the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit a ticket is to send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cheetahboy

Also, is there a way to still get the friends referall reward after she has activated her sim card? She did not have my rferal code on hand?

Cheetahboy

I ust activated my wife and it only prompts for the $35 per month to get the 2G free, I tried changing her to the $25 month but it does not show she will still get 2G free 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Nice now 12 months for a little less than the 35+ plan you needed before 

Need Help? Let's chat.