Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended: We’ve Expanded Our Offerings: Introducing 3G Speed + BONUS Data

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community!

We’re happy to announce that we’ve added 3G data options to our offerings in order to give you more choice. Our vision has always been to do wireless differently and that translates into our commitment to always offer you the most choice and flexibility in your plans.

You’ll now be able to build plans with either 3G or 4G LTE data speeds on Canada’s largest mobile network.

Along with launching new 3G data options, we're offering you bonus 3G data for a limited time when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 3G Speed**

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 4GB / 30 days

$129

= $43 / 30 days*

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$120

= $40 / 30 days*

*Prices include $2 Reward per 30 days when you register with AutoPay on a 90-day plan.

There are plenty more plan options to explore, so feel free to play around with the new calculator to find a combination that’s right for you!

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1.    Activate your SIM card here.
  2.    After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score one of our limited time offers:
  •     90-day pass
  •     Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  •     Unlimited Global Text
  •     Your desired data allotment:

3 + 3GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 2GB / 30 days

6 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 4GB / 30 days

12 + 6GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days = 6GB / 30 days

1.    Select your payment method (don’t forget to sign up for AutoPay to receive the $2 Reward / 30 days) and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

•     This promotional bonus data offer is only for a limited time.
  •     Once an end date is communicated, it is the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

What’s the difference between 3G and 4G LTE?** Good question.

3G is a great option if you mostly use data to check Facebook, respond to emails or browse the web, but you may experience a slight reduction in picture quality and some buffering when viewing videos. 4G LTE is our fastest data option. If you’re looking to do all the above, plus stream HD videos and consume dynamic content, like Snapchat or Instagram stories, without compromising on image quality or a seamless video experience, 4G LTE is our recommended data speed for you!

Check out this video below to better visualize the difference:

**Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 750 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-200 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wireless_Video_Experience_Optimization.pdf. Compatible device required.

Are you a current Public Mobile customer?

If you’re already a customer (joined prior to the 3G launch), this change will not affect your current plan. Looking to change your current plan? No problem - use the Self Serve portal to make plan changes for your next renewal date, but keep in mind: once changes have been made, you will not be able to switch back to your current plan at a later date if it’s no longer available. View our Service Terms for more details.

You’ll also notice that we have removed and grandfathered the 10-day plan. We did this in order to refocus our resources and stay focused on what our customers want.

Public Mobile Community Team

646 REPLIES 646

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, the 10-day option was useful for resetting the 90 day countdown until expired accounts were deleted.  Now, the cheapest option for that is 30-day texting for $20.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

My main issue is the increase in complexity the new plans create

We already have tons of new members complaining as is about 90 day bill cycles, now they need to determine speed of data they want?

Why even do 3G plans when every other carrier seems to be ditching 3G?

I also notice the 10 day plan option has dissapeared and while it was probably not the most popular option it is unfortunate

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Chatr New AUTO-PAY PLANS are more interesting,

$50/month

6G data at 3G, unlimited reduced speed

unlimited Can/US talk

text

The plans are in Zone, if does not matter

I must admit, PM's latest unveiling of new Plans Layout, Out of 10:

To be 100% Fair

7.5/10 for effort

4.5/10 for Pricing

4/10 for Add-On

I think PM should consider delaying the implementation of plans until pricing can be corrected, to avoid potential chaos

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi to All,

I smell chatr here for a limited time Smiley Happy

I'd like to add my voice as well to say I'm not impressed by these offerings at all. Seems to be almost identical to Chatr in terms of pricing, data buckets and 3G speeds. Very disappointing to see price increases and less value when the flanker brands "compete" with each other.

chatr.JPG

The LTE plans pricing doesn't make sense any more. Why would anyone give up call centre support, physical stores/kiosks, Canada-wide calls, and prorated refunds when canceling service with Virgin/Fido/Koodo? Based on these prices, there is no reason to sign up with Public Mobile as a new customer.

I Think PM needs to possibly rethink the approach, as the new changes look frightening.

I think the 3G Plan thing should have been introduced in more Baby Steps, and the 4G Plans adjustments fees adjusted gradually

My Current 90 Day UnLim Can-US Talk+Global Txt+6GB  = $150

NOW that same plan is $210, a $60 Increase

That can be more frightening than Heath Ledger Joker, just saying

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This seems like a huge leap in the wrong direction for Public Mobile - away from the simplicity and value that it represented.  It makes it really hard to recommend to friends and family when the 3G plans are more expensive than the regular priced LTE plans that existed before today.  All those who were able to get the 12 gb promos are so lucky and those of us who joined with hopes of being offered the same promo (or something close to it) must be more than disappointed with these new offerings, especially on the heels of the Freedom customers only promo.  😞

I did notice something, and this should be a Disclaimer:

For those on CURRENT:

Unlim Can-US Talk+Global Txt+6GB Data

Current rate was $150

Apparantly, it looks like price jumped NOW at $210

IF U want to retain that $150 Rate. DO NOT CHANGE PLAN

I know lte plan prices got real jumped up but that's how system worked I guess everyone in a business and everyone want to survive and compete with each other since all 3 big b selling 'plan on higher prices I think that's why pm jumped up their prices too. 

But 3g plans are not bad. 🙂

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@thapager, that is exactly how I read it.  Same wording was used on the other promos.  Future dare befor the plan expires, you're good to go.

@thapager wrote:

Hi @Jeremy_M,

Just to be certain... I changed my plan for next billing cycle. My billing cycle changes on September 25.  Since I applied the changes today to take effect on Sept 25, for the $156 (3G) for 18GB data, I should be safe to leave it? I won't need to change the plan before the expiry date of this offer correct?

Best thing to do just set a future date for plan change on Sep 25th if you planning to make a change this way you won't get any surprises. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
It's great to see new plans @Jeremy_M
Now peoples can select what they actually want according to their needs. Lte plan prices are bit higher. Feeling lucky that I am on lte plan already with great price.

thapager
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Jeremy_M,

Just to be certain... I changed my plan for next billing cycle. My billing cycle changes on September 25.  Since I applied the changes today to take effect on Sept 25, for the $156 (3G) for 18GB data, I should be safe to leave it? I won't need to change the plan before the expiry date of this offer correct?

Now @VlntSpcmnSpff, let's Not despair, PM will get better, just has to chew the bugs out, and then things will improve

VlntSpcmnSpff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Jeremy_M

Respectfully, the new prices on the LTE plans are hot garbage. Public Mobile just lost its value.

Need Help? Let's chat.