Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

Yes yahwa

Click on plan then u will see on top there's 2 plan already custom made click on talk and text plan u will get there or if u want text data and text then click on 40 dollar plan 2gb data per month
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Yawza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

**** Sorry my bad  - I see it now ******

I cannot see the plan anymore, is it still available?

I tried the method where I picked 90 days / province wide / text with no data  and it comes up to 106$

For sure each refferal get me 1 dollar of per month or 1 dollar off on 90 day plan
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman wrote:
That's it
That's why we have pm its full fill everything needs according to their demand I have switch and wife and sister n brother order their sim already as well

Don't forget to input your number during activation to collect referral rewards 🙂

Just checked if u login then place order for sim u can order multiple sim without any issues it's 5 dollars a piece

I have to check with family member I blive they order separately since they all live separate place but I also have co worker who order 3 sim I can ask him if was able to order multiple

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@paulie wrote:

@Samianauman wrote:
That's it
That's why we have pm its full fill everything needs according to their demand I have switch and wife and sister n brother order their sim already as well

Did you have to order seperately or could multiple sims be ordered on one shipment/order ?  I'm thinking my friends are chewing on the plan.  having to port/switch maybe pay to unlock phone etc, but in the meantime if I get them the sim they would probably go for it.  They are used to a store/kiosk so the online stuff is a bit new for them.

You can order muitlple sims in one order

paulie

@Samianauman wrote:
That's it

Did you have to order seperately or could multiple sims be ordered on one shipment/order ?  I'm thinking my friends are chewing on the plan.  having to port/switch maybe pay to unlock phone etc, but in the meantime if I get them the sim they would probably go for it.  They are used to a store/kiosk so the online stuff is a bit new for them.

That's it

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

YES! Immediately switching over the last family member from Koodo. Glad to have everyone finally switched over, and that PM has pretty much all the plans that fit each one of us!

horemans
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Too old? What has age got to do with it?
Now if a certain Kathleen Wynn got wind (sorry freedom) of this there is no telling what tribunal you will have to answer to!
I was not born in this century, nor in the last half of the last one. Am I not allowed to use/buy lots of data?🎙📉🎸🎻🎻🎻

WearySky

This promo is CLEARLY a "let's put out a promo that we know won't completely flood our site with people and break everything again" promo.  There's definitely still a market out there for people that only want talk and text, but I do have to agree that many of of those people fall into a group that is perhaps not the ideal target demographic for Public Mobile's online-only support system.  Unless the "contact us" form issues have been ironed out... I've been on vacation for the last two weeks so haven't really been keeping up with the incoming forum requests to see if people are still complaining about not getting responses via that form.  

niloc22

I'm going to try and get my better half to sign up for this, she's currently with Telus Pay As you Go with a bolt on text and small data package.  I think this would work a lot better for her with the addition of the 1GB Data Add-on, as someone mentioned earlier.

@joejoe & @srlawren

Faster connection times

Better voice quality

But Telus won't push this to Public for a while still I am thinking

@homer I know believe me. But they don't care they move and work on both sides of Ottawa and Gatineau so local calling to both sides is necessary and PM don't provide it in a lower price then wind so....

pakmode

This is a great deal. Especially if you can bulk up on some of the other Reward offers like Add a Friend, Autopay, Loyalty etc. 

homer

Wind's reception... Ugh @zhadj030

Something for sure is the fact that this plan isn't made for a lot of people especially who need data, meaning youth, yound adults and adults that are not to old (??!!!). My parents are with their grandfathered 20/month with wind and they weren't really into this deal. 

We will have to wait for the next promo, (maybe in 5 months)

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joejoe I was thinking the same thing.  I guess even though LTE isn't in the equation for this plan per se, it's still important to PM to advertise the network that way to emphasize it's capability.  Also, there's nothing stopping people from using data add-ons to add some LTE data as needed.  If you're a very light user of data and/or almost always have WiFi coverage where you are most of the time, then using the admittedly expensive-per-GB but never-expiring data add-ons could be an option that makes sense.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

joejoe

Isn't 4G LTE refering to data speed? How does the largest 4G LTE network help on a talk & text plan?

@Ionut

I have to disagree with you.  Although I too use data, not everyone uses data, nor want to use data.

My dad was hosed by Rogers a few months ago after his phone went through a very large number of updates via Cellular.  Yes, I know it was probably my dad's fault for not knowing his phone wasn't connected to WiFi, but nontheless, at that point, he contacted Rogers and removed all cellular data from his service, and my mom's.  

Dad is still using his smart phone with WiFi connection when needed, and mom is on a flip phone, so doesn't really have the need for data anyways.

I would love to get them both onto this current promo for talk and txt, however they're bundled with cable and internet, so pulling those services out of their package in their case, would cost them more overall.

Data isn't everything to everyone.  Some people just want to keep the conversation going....

@Ionut talk & text is always a popular offer (the old $90 plan and $25 plans were some of Publics most popular ones)

Huge influx of new clients on the 12GB plans but a very large base of older clients are no data or very limited data

@monocycliste Freedom is awful. Until they get their network, pricing & policies together I do not see them as even a remote threat

That is years away unless Shaw steps up big time

@CalvinW wrote:

I want to know when it will end as well. I don't want to order a sim for my parents and then it won't arrive on time for activation. 

You don't need to worry. Order it now as i am sure it will NOT just end in a week or two. They know they have to give enough time to users so they can get their sim on time. 

paulie
I actually know many people that only have talk/text plan , so this will be nice to give them the info and hopefully get them to switch to PM.

And the October Fall Promo repeat would be awesome too !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@will13am not every promo is going to appeal to every customer 🙂 please have patience, I'm sure we will see something similar at some point in the future.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Being a data centric customer, this deal is pretty cold.  Please bring back the 2016 fall promo. 

Ionut

I wanna be honest but this one it's kinda lame.

No joke PM never does a great Advertise no matter what. Those who work in Ads departments are paid for doing not to much.

The best offert ever had which actually have a good impact on most of Subsiders the 12 GB plans with 120$. 

Text & Talk ? Did you guys know that 85% of people need data ?(bank, google map etc)

I get it . This plan it's for those who doesn't need data (LOL). or maybe for old guys. Oh wait this Company works only Online and not everybody can transfer to PM without some Technical knowledge. 

Don't get me wrong i really like PM i'm with them since 2010. And i love my 12 GB data. But when i see how lame are the PM ads make me wonders why people strike for shi**y company like Freedom/Chat-r etc. 

homer

Not very hot comparing to the legacy 90-day $90 plan, which includes unlimited provincial-wide calls, unlimited national text, and 1GB data. However, this legacy plan is not available now. 

paulie

@srlawren wrote:
@paulie you might (or might not) find this helpful :

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Brief-Guide-How-to-subscribe-to-a-communit...

It kinda does @srlawren but setting up an RSS reader is a bit tedious.   If there is an easier way ?    or maybe a suggestion for the Lab ?  

Need Help? Let's chat.