Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Typical trash promos from PM. Way to reward your loyal customers. And I didn't even get the promo text message to switch over to Koodo for the 5GB plan.

Depends on FM's terms and conditions. You will need to do the research. Normally a post paid plan would provide a refund but there may be a minimum requirement. I would do the cost-benefit analysis assuming it's lost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Just stop already! Why can't you give the same offer for loyal customers that missed out on the Fall promo? You guys keep stressing how you can change your plan later when a promo comes up, but all I see are promos that only apply to customers switching over from certain carriers. What a disappointment!

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry for all the questions. Let's say I open a FM account with the intention of porting it to PM..

If I choose their basic $25 plan from FM..

- Once I port over, will FM send me a cheque for the $20-$25? Or do I loose the $25 that I paid for that plan?

- Does FM have an activation Fee (aside from the cost of a Simcard)?

Just trying to get an idea how much this would actually cost. 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wish this was offered to everyone.

Rustynayl

@jshmeek Thanks that's what I figured.

jshmeek

Freedom and Public. Freedom to activate a plan on them if you don't have one ($10), and one for Public for the new plan ($10 as well, Walmart carries them).

Rustynayl

@jshmeek wrote:

@bigbadpandabear wrote:

Can you please kindly extend the same freedom to those of us trapped in the "dog house" aka Fido?Smiley LOL

It would be great if they could open it up, but honestly it isn't that bad to jump through the hoops to get the Freedom deal. Just a matter of opening a Freedom $25 talk/text plan and buying a sim, and porting that number to Public during the activation of the promo, after that you could port in the Fido number. The Freedom account would be pro-rated (most likely around a dollar for the service if you do the process within 24 hours), as would your current Fido account if it's postpaid.

@jshmeek, I just wanted to clarify something.. when you mentioned we need to buy a new simcard, you're referring to a PM simcard, correct? 

jshmeek

Well, let's be honest, the dog house isn't the only one doing that (heh).

You could give that family member a referral reward as well, win/win.

bigbadpandabear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Called and no go! Thanks!  I hate to stay with Fido and has alway been treated like a second class citizen there. 

I opened another line for a family member with PublicMobile with the last fall 4GB deal. So happy. My frends were so happy too with PM that I asked them to move.

No customer service is better. If there is no issue and there is no reason for customer to call.

I hate dog house that offers deal to only randomly selected customers.

jshmeek

@xCameron94x wrote:

@bigbadpandabear call fido first, see if you can get a good retention deal. See below for an example

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/14/fido-offers-55-6gb-75-10gb-retention-plans-customers/

This is a good idea. You could even try getting them to match the current PM deal, if you only want 4gb instead of 6gb.

@bigbadpandabear call fido first, see if you can get a good retention deal. See below for an example

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/14/fido-offers-55-6gb-75-10gb-retention-plans-customers/

jshmeek

@bigbadpandabear wrote:

Can you please kindly extend the same freedom to those of us trapped in the "dog house" aka Fido?Smiley LOL

It would be great if they could open it up, but honestly it isn't that bad to jump through the hoops to get the Freedom deal. Just a matter of opening a Freedom $25 talk/text plan and buying a sim, and porting that number to Public during the activation of the promo, after that you could port in the Fido number. The Freedom account would be pro-rated (most likely around a dollar for the service if you do the process within 24 hours), as would your current Fido account if it's postpaid.

bigbadpandabear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jshmeek wrote:

@mimmo wrote:
Let's see how many failed activations and failed ports we will be seeing. Or how long the mod replys will take. (Hopefully better that there are more mods)

Not to mention the late add-on data (and now that it's limited to 500mb on the original activation, that could be interesting if it takes a week to add it). When I activated a friends account on the Freedom promo in June, it took over a week to add the data, and having to contact moderators and so on.

Indeed.  PM has set itself up for a lot of headaches (and irate customers) by doing the promo this way.  On the one hand, the 500 MB will disappear before they even have a chance to add the promo data, while at the same time, requiring a port-in during activation from Freedom will only compound activation errors.

On top of that, the timing isn't the greatest, with the recent spate of autopay errors as seen here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Service-stopped-but-autopay-worked/m-p/17...

jshmeek

@mimmo wrote:
Let's see how many failed activations and failed ports we will be seeing. Or how long the mod replys will take. (Hopefully better that there are more mods)

Not to mention the late add-on data (and now that it's limited to 500mb on the original activation, that could be interesting if it takes a week to add it). When I activated a friends account on the Freedom promo in June, it took over a week to add the data, and having to contact moderators and so on.

mimmo

jshmeek

@SD08 wrote:

@RLBL wrote:

Yes I am aware of that... what I am wondering is, what if you start out as a PM customer?

- get a FM account

- port that into PM

- now you have 2 PM accounts: one with your number which you want to keep, but a plan you do not want... and now a new one with the plan you want but the wrong number.

I would think that porting numbers within the same provider would cause issues... maybe not?

@RLBL

Porting a number can be done PM to PM, but only by a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163978/...

But, as noted, you'd lose any referrals, credits and any remaining time you had paid already on the closing account.

I guess I'll do this to get the deal. Or I could just port my current PM number to Freedom, wait some time (a business day would probably stop any hiccups), and then port to the "new deal" on Public.

By the way, if others are interested in doing this, as far as I know your community account can have the email changed on it (and its not directly tied to the self serve account). Can someone please clarify this? Would changing my current community details to correspond with a new self serve account allow me to recieve community rewards on that account?

shawnie_boy

Here we go again 

SD08

@RLBL wrote:

Yes I am aware of that... what I am wondering is, what if you start out as a PM customer?

- get a FM account

- port that into PM

- now you have 2 PM accounts: one with your number which you want to keep, but a plan you do not want... and now a new one with the plan you want but the wrong number.

I would think that porting numbers within the same provider would cause issues... maybe not?

@RLBL

Porting a number can be done PM to PM, but only by a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163978/...

But, as noted, you'd lose any referrals, credits and any remaining time you had paid already on the closing account.

RLBL

@Luddite wrote:

@RLBL wrote:

@xCameron94x wrote:

It is a promo, but it is another targeted promo in a way

Yeah.. I wonder how one would go about getting it if they are already a PM customer and are tied to their number...

For someone with another provider, anyone can get it (even if not currently a FM customer)

@RLBL You MUST have a Freeedom account to access this promo; it can be any account type. The promo end date will be announced a few days before the drop dead date.

Previously, folks not on Freedom got an account there, and then activated a new PM account porting in the FM number. Once done, they port-in their preferred number from whichever carrier has it. 

- get a FM account

- port that into PM

@Jeremy_M wrote:

That's correct @Rustynayl

4G LTE @zhadj030

Thanks for confirming Jeremy

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

That's correct @Rustynayl

4G LTE @zhadj030

@Luddite I agree . It is unfortunate they they only seem to target Freedom and not the other companies, we can exclude bell and Telus as well as koodo but the rest should be an open competition

I'm suspicious that, in future, deals this good will always be targeted and never open to all. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jshmeek

Yeah, they've been running some loyalty plans as of late. Being that back to school is only a few weeks away, there's a good chance they'll run a promo like this in response.

@jshmeek they probably will, but it will probably only be for their customers. Fido does a lot of that. Can honestly play the waiting game with Fido, and when someone does a huge promo, call retentions and see what you get.

Edit: remember they give you VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling and other added bonuses too, and sometimes go close to the $40/4GB plan price range

jshmeek

I wonder if Fido or Virgin will respond to this with a promo for the main markets. As much as I hate to give up my referral and community rewards, this is probably as good as its going to get.

Aiden

@zhadj030 its going to be LTE speeds

Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

Rustynayl

@MCWC wrote:

Instructions say to select the 500MB data option but it doesn't seem to be an option under the plan section? Does the 500MB option show when you are actually going through the activation?

It probably won't show under the plan section since it might confuse non-FM users. It'll most likely only be available when doing the activation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.