Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So Freedom hit back with their own promo for Telus (Koodo, Public) customers today. 10GB for $40 (basically their 4GB promo + 6GB extra). No away data, but I would assume Canada-wide calling as this article says "all the features of Freedom’s regular Smartphone 40 plan". I might just hop onto that on postpaid, give Freedom a quick spin, and wait for Public to make another move (my renewal is tomorrow and with all the deals I don't want to be locked in).

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/17/freedom-mobile-offers-4010gb-promo-telus-koodo-public-mobile-cust...

jshmeek

Haha, yeah, I made sure to check that at one point too. Anyone can sign up, and actually anyone can get benefits from the CARP membership as well.

denkom

Thanks @jshmeek I am assuming anyone can sign up for Zoomer...even if not a senior citizen? lol

panzer168
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my FM # to PM and realized the promotion is over..

Hope PM would still honour the promotion..

jshmeek

It's on the full Rogers network, essentially the same as Fido, LTE and VoLTE as far as I know.

Edit: Only thing I can find is saying no VoLTE. But it does use the Rogers LTE network.

denkom

What is coverage like on Zoomer? Which network are they on?

jshmeek

"The end date communicated is the last day any new customer..."

Yeah, thanks for never communicating that. This is the last straw for me. Getting out of here and going to Zoomer if nothing changes.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Noosiekins,

He is a teenager.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Not everyone has great home internet.

Noosiekins

@Michael77 I'm a Shaw Internet subscriber...so I've got shaw go wifi + I am on wifi at home and at work... so I hardly ever use up my data. How do people use 11 gig in 1 month?!

Rockdaddy22
Don't count on a better promo, I hope I'm wrong

Vickel

If they do come out with a better package hope people who signed up yesterday get the promo too

That would suck for them

Michael77
I have a referral that said he is going to leave PM for the FM deal. He's already used 11 gigs of data in a month and a half. He needs more data.

Michael77
In the zone FM LTE is pretty good. Their 3g sucks. They also have Wifi calling with certain phones.

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x wrote:
I'll give it a few days. See what PM does. Seems like freedom wasn't going to let the same thing happen twice

Might be the reason why this promo is Xed already.... It's actually quite entertaining watching them battle Smiley LOL

I'll give it a few days. See what PM does. Seems like freedom wasn't going to let the same thing happen twice

denkom

@Noosiekins Same lol....ugh decisions decisions. Come on PM, give us a promo we can't refuse! 🙂

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x Will have to look into this further.... Hopefully Fredom's promo isn't 1 day only LOL 

srlawren

@xCameron94x wrote:
Let's see some rentention plans public mobile. Otherwise your going to probably lose a bunch of customers

@xCameron94x really?  Do we want to start playing that game?  I'd much rather see them re-overhaul their ridiculous new plans to be competitive again, for everyone.  Retention plans are just as bad as targetted promotion plans.  In a way, they're worse becuase then you start the game of negotiating.  I loved the simple model when PM offered great plans at great prices.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vickel

If you have good freedom mobile coverage in the areas you go to its an amazing deal

I know many people complain that they can't get data even when they are outside

They can offer unlimited LTE data for $40 it's the same network everyone is complaining about 

Noosiekins

@denkom so something to REALLY consider....  Although I do have good credits to use when I renew LOL

It depends on your area. When Shaw bought spectrum it acquired bell 4 for some of eastern Ontario. Heard Toronto will be getting band 7 sometime. Also roaming on the away network is LTE as well. Heard the away partner is bell

denkom

@Noosiekins Agreed. It's all about the data nowadays. 10gb a month is definitely something to consider. And really you could make voip calls if need be....Fongo, etc.

Noosiekins

@denkom I went from Telus to PM so really not much of a coverage change for me to compare... so Jumping to Freedom.... Really it all comes down to their LTE coverage... no one calls anymore unless it's an emergency. Not even my 60+ year old parents. 

denkom

@Noosiekins I heard the coverage is not that great...but this was from people who were on the Wind network (and the company has since made upgrades so could be better now I suppose). Does anyone know if they offer LTE service for iphones? When I popped into a Freedom store about a year ago they did not offer it yet.

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x I'm in BC, Greater Vancouver area.... Mind you we don't really use voice calls anymore unless it's an emergency LOL So as long as their "LTE" coverage is good... It's still not a bad deal.

Rockdaddy22
The coverage is terrible, that's how they can offer these deals

Freedom has home and away networks. Most freedom plans are based on home network, but they're starting to add some a data for away
Someple say it's great. Some say it's bad so it could depend on your area. If you're near Ottawa freedom now supports band 4 LTE. Toronto will get band 7 sometime from the Shaw deal. When I was with them for a few weeks I didn't really notice anything bad

Noosiekins

@denkom I'm ok... but if I get more data for the price.... I wonder how Freedom's coverage is like?

denkom

@Noosiekins Hahaha I want (and need) more data!!! *crossing fingers and toes*

Need Help? Let's chat.