Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xCameron94x how's Freedom'ss coverage vs PM's?

Noosiekins

I'm on the same boat as you @denkom

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That is the one downfall

I could still switch if I wanted. I'd only lose $80 aha. Reasons I'm not a huge fan of pre paid

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x So sorry Smiley Mad

they time these so dang well!

Rockdaddy22
I think they just got scared away from targeted promotions. Shaw isn't playing games here.

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@xCameron94x wrote:
Let's see some rentention plans public mobile. Otherwise your going to probably lose a bunch of customers

Agreed, even if they counter FM's promo by increasing data / decreasing cost... as long as it's only for FM ports, they could still loose a lot of existing PM customers that are tempted for the 10GB data. They need a new promotion, and it needs to also target existing PM customers.

denkom

Exactly!! Retention plans for the win! My 90 day period is up at the end of august...i'm on $120 for 6gb of data for 90 days. I am really considering jumping ship unless I see something worth my while to stay. Crossing fingers PM introduces a big data promo for existing customers.

90 aha.

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x 30 days or 90 days?!

I just re-newed....

Noosiekins

@xCameron94x wrote:
Let's see some rentention plans public mobile. Otherwise your going to probably lose a bunch of customers

Agree! I am up for renewal early September!

Noosiekins

@denkom wrote:

Maybe they are readying another promo...because it looks like Freedom has their own targeted promo right now for Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile customers. $40 for 10gb of data.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/17/freedom-mobile-offers-4010gb-promo-telus-koodo-public-mobile-cust...

Dang that's a pretty good deal too LOL And you get in person customer service!

blairo32
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah I agree. Forgot a word in my last post. I don't think it was a glitch either

Rustynayl

This could get interesting. I hope this leads to an even better promotion!! 😄 

Rockdaddy22
So they got scared 😢 How sad lol

denkom

Maybe they are readying another promo...because it looks like Freedom has their own targeted promo right now for Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile customers. $40 for 10gb of data.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/17/freedom-mobile-offers-4010gb-promo-telus-koodo-public-mobile-cust...

Rockdaddy22
This is truly ridiculous:(

Rustynayl

@Michael77 wrote:
Maybe they are doing one day sales so that they only get Freedom Mobile customers?

My wife is a legitimate FM customer. We ordered a sim off their site, but one day isn't enough to get the card. I don't know how they expect one day to be enough time. 

Noosiekins

@blairo32 wrote:

Does look to be a glitch, the original post now has a red font showing the offer has expired

It can't be a giltch when it' is posted on here... @Jeremy_M had to type the post in or at least copy and paste the promo into the community forum. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Maybe they are doing one day sales so that they only get Freedom Mobile customers?

blairo32

Does not look to be a glitch, the original post now has a red font showing the offer has expired

Noosiekins

@Michael77 wrote:
Yes, the promotion is no longer on the site. I would think this is just a glitch.

Maybe this is like the HBO Spain and their Game of Thrones episode 6 leak LOL Just a tease.

For those who ordered the SIM just for this promo, I hope they honour the promo for you! Contact the Mods asap!

Michael77
I just saw the promotion this morning.

Michael77
Yes, the promotion is no longer on the site. I would think this is just a glitch.

blairo32

Yeah I'm a bit confused about that too. I actiavated last night. Hopefully they still honour the offer..

Rockdaddy22
This can't be for real @Jeremy_M

Rustynayl

How is this no longer available??? I ordered a SIM card yesterday only because of this promotion. Wtf is going on?

blairo32

Definitely took advantage of this offer last night. Thanks Public! Was looking for ways to save money and this certainly helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.