Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I guess the deal is expired 😞

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Promo over already?! that was quick!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rustynayl wrote:

When I port a FM number to a new PM account, does the email address I use need to be unique? Reason I ask this is because I'm already using my main email for my existing PM account. So.. can one email address be used for multiple PM accounts?

If you plan on canceling your existing PM account in favour of this promo, you can use the gmail "+ sign" trick that others have spoke of. But I would change your current account to the 'new' email address since it will be gone soon. Then use your main address for the new account. 

Noosiekins

@pizza wrote:

This is just about the same deal that was available last November that I was able to pick up! I have to say, I *love* my Public Mobile service!

I wonder when there'll be such a deal for us current PM users that signed up back in the beginning of summer... I mean should I renew for another 3 months? What if a new plan comes up?

jshmeek

@jt17g wrote:

Great promo !

It would be great that next promo can include canada wide calling with a reasonable price (5-10$ per month )

Depending on your usage, adding either 200 mins or 400 mins of Canada/US long distance might be worth it. I know for me, using the add-on, it makes more sense than a Canada-wide plan. Not to mention the minutes just rollover every month, so I just make sure I have some available, that way I can make and recieve those calls.

erg62
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks. 

Rustynayl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@erg62 wrote:

Hi,

I'm confused about which data option I need to select for this offer in the first instance. I don't see any 4g / 500 mb options. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.pm.PNG

You won't see the promotion in this page. Once you start to create your account, you are prompted to choose a plan. From there, you should be able to see the 500mb promotion plan.

erg62

Hi,

I'm confused about which data option I need to select for this offer in the first instance. I don't see any 4g / 500 mb options. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.pm.PNG

pizza

This is just about the same deal that was available last November that I was able to pick up! I have to say, I *love* my Public Mobile service!

Rustynayl

@koimr1 wrote:

@Rustynayl wrote:

When I port a FM number to a new PM account, does the email address I use need to be unique? Reason I ask this is because I'm already using my main email for my existing PM account. So.. can one email address be used for multiple PM accounts?

If you're using gmail, you can do this.

Example: your email is rustynayl@gmail.com

In the first part of your email address, gmail will ignore anything after a + sign so you could use rustynayl+secondline@gmail.com - this'll be unique for a new PM account but all email will still go to your rustynayl@gmail.com address.

I have three lines on PM where I've set up the email address/accounts like this and all go to my main gmail account. 🙂

If you're not using gmail then you could create a new gmail address for the new PM account and then just forward everything to your main.

Great tip, thanks!

I also heard that gmail will ignore periods. Meaning firstname.lastname@gmail.com will receive the same emails as firstnamelastname@gmail.com. So as long as PM doesn't ignore periods, you could also use this as an alternative email.

koimr1

@Rustynayl wrote:

If you're using gmail, you can do this.

Example: your email is rustynayl@gmail.com

In the first part of your email address, gmail will ignore anything after a + sign so you could use rustynayl+secondline@gmail.com - this'll be unique for a new PM account but all email will still go to your rustynayl@gmail.com address.

I have three lines on PM where I've set up the email address/accounts like this and all go to my main gmail account. 🙂

If you're not using gmail then you could create a new gmail address for the new PM account and then just forward everything to your main.

Rustynayl

Rustynayl

@Throtter wrote:

I'm currently with Public Mobile and I was wondering if I could get a Freedom Mobile number and port it back to get this promo. Also, if that is the case, I am wondering if I would be able to keep my current rewards I have with my plan.

From what I understand, the answer is no. The account with the promo price will be a new account, and rewards cannot be transferred to different accounts. 

Please chime in if i'm wrong here. 🙂

@jt17g wrote:

Great promo !

It would be great that next promo can include canada wide calling with a reasonable price (5-10$ per month )

I know this likely won't help you (unless you are already an existing Public Mobile customer who has been been made an offer to join Koodo), but ironically, Koodo made an offer to some Public Mobile customers to get just that at the $50/month price point.

Throtter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently with Public Mobile and I was wondering if I could get a Freedom Mobile number and port it back to get this promo. Also, if that is the case, I am wondering if I would be able to keep my current rewards I have with my plan.

Rockdaddy22
@jt17g it would generally be $15 for 3 months, so an $5 a month for Canadawide calling. Unfortunately PM doesn't or Telus won't let them offer it in their promos.

Michael77
To make things even clearer, why not mention somewhere that you get "12 gigs of LTE data"? You don't want to lose a potential customer.

Rockdaddy22
Sorry, didn't realize you guys weren't talking about the community post.

Rockdaddy22
Point 3 is clear

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process. Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

@kav2001c

Yeah the wording for promo is as clear as mud Cat LOL

Nowhere is LTE even mentioned and to the contrary they are featuring the 3G plans

If I go to plan page, I see 3 plans featured:

• $50/30 days: Province-wide talk,text and 6GB of data (4GB + 2GB of bonus data) on 3G*. Click here
  • $40/30 days: Province-wide talk, text and 2GB of data (1GB + 1 GB of bonus data) on 3G*. Click here
  • Freedom Mobile Offer. Click here

All Talk plans include Voice Mail and Call Display.
* on a 90 day plan with a $2 AutoPay reward/30 days activated.

Michael77
Hi PM,
I can see there are people who are confused as to whether or not the promotion is 12 gigs of LTE or 3g data. I know it's LTE but please make it clear on your website for new customers who don't use the community forum. Thanks. 🙂

jt17g

Great promo !

Optiblue
How do you do the second port in process ie from fido back to pm? Need to contact a mod to do it?

SD08

@monkeytacos wrote:

Thanks for this post!

Could I get a clarification on this though?

So get a FM sim + some kind of plan, this will then use FM's phone number to port over to PM... so now I have an account at PM with this plan, but this is with FM's phone number, not Fido's.  It was mentioned that I can then port Fido's number to my account... So now my PM's account will have 2 phone numbers?  Or will the Fido number be used instead of FM's?

Hope that isn't too confusing.  I'd like to understand if it is possible to keep my existing number while getting in on this great plan.

Cheers!

@monkeytacos

When you port the Fido number over to PM, it will replace the FM number.  PM accounts can only hold one number at a time.

monkeytacos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@jshmeek wrote:

@bigbadpandabear wrote:

Can you please kindly extend the same freedom to those of us trapped in the "dog house" aka Fido?Smiley LOL

It would be great if they could open it up, but honestly it isn't that bad to jump through the hoops to get the Freedom deal. Just a matter of opening a Freedom $25 talk/text plan and buying a sim, and porting that number to Public during the activation of the promo, after that you could port in the Fido number. The Freedom account would be pro-rated (most likely around a dollar for the service if you do the process within 24 hours), as would your current Fido account if it's postpaid.

Thanks for this post!

Could I get a clarification on this though?

So get a FM sim + some kind of plan, this will then use FM's phone number to port over to PM... so now I have an account at PM with this plan, but this is with FM's phone number, not Fido's.  It was mentioned that I can then port Fido's number to my account... So now my PM's account will have 2 phone numbers?  Or will the Fido number be used instead of FM's?

Hope that isn't too confusing.  I'd like to understand if it is possible to keep my existing number while getting in on this great plan.

Cheers!

Rockdaddy22
The hoops are definitely worth it, to get on a great plan for the long term. I'll be jumping hoops for a couple friends.

kentnleung

ha ha...

no doubt its in in response to FM's 4GB for $/40 month plan FM just launched.

its nice to see PM targetting FM...where there's competition, the consumers always win

Noosiekins
Well this is sad.. Maybe I should have joined Freedom Mobile when I left Telus instead of coming straight to PM

Confusing messages being sent by Public Moible, in my opinion....

Prices get raised and new plans are made that are laughed at by what seems like the vast majority of customers and dismissed as absurd, but then offer this plan that is very similar to the old Public Mobile plans of past gets offered.  Who knows?  The old marketing technique of raising prices just to make the "sale" price look better? 

I think that many Freedom customers will be happy to see this type offer is back.  Freedom Mobile, while offering many great price plans, still has let's face it - a garbage network.  I think that Public Mobile hopes to gain the customers who have lost patience with Freedom's network. 

I wish this weren't a targetted promotion.  This only causes resentment from existing Public Mobile customers and makes potential customers wanting to get in on the promotion from carriers other than Freedom jump through hoops.  Keeping an existing customer happy is just as important, if not more important - and often less expensive - than trying to attract a new customer.

Late to the thread today but great to see another promo.  Now it will be interesting to see how many from Freedom make the switch and then what type of activation problems come up with the system.  I hope the system can handle it and that there will be morepromos to come in the near future.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.