Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Noosiekins wrote:

@jshmeek so you'll have 2 numbers then? see how it goes till your plan is up at the end of the month?

2 weeks is good way to tell 🙂 maybe start a tread to give us updates on FM's dependability 🙂

Yeah, that's a good idea. And I wouldn't mind using two numbers for a little while, I'm mainly a data user.

Noosiekins

@jshmeek so you'll have 2 numbers then? see how it goes till your plan is up at the end of the month?

2 weeks is good way to tell 🙂 maybe start a tread to give us updates on FM's dependability 🙂

jshmeek

I'm not renewing my 6GB/$120 plan for 90 days and getting locked in (my account can wait for 90 days without payment anyway). I'm willing to give Freedom a try (get the 10GB by activating a Koodo sim, prorate charges), and considering it's postpaid as well, I'm not locked in beyond daily charges if I was to cancel to move back to Public with a new offer.

Noosiekins

@jshmeek wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:
Reception issues will be fixed once FM gets the 700MHz and 2500MHz. You will be able to get reception through building walls.

Yeah. Freedom's main enticement for people is that it isn't Big 3 (though I'd argue Shaw isn't much better), and that they're seen as the fourth option or the underdog, who will at some point build up their network to be a better direct competitor. But for now, if you want widespread and easily available LTE (band 4), PM is still the best choice (especially if they launch a new promo in the coming days).

So stick with PM for another 3 months.... see how Freedom's network improve... and see how their battle goes... Maybe in 3 months, they'll be offering 20 gig a month Smiley LOL

there are two freedom towers near my apartment building. Maybe id get servive aha

jshmeek

@Michael77 wrote:
Reception issues will be fixed once FM gets the 700MHz and 2500MHz. You will be able to get reception through building walls.

Yeah. Freedom's main enticement for people is that it isn't Big 3 (though I'd argue Shaw isn't much better), and that they're seen as the fourth option or the underdog, who will at some point build up their network to be a better direct competitor. But for now, if you want widespread and easily available LTE (band 4), PM is still the best choice (especially if they launch a new promo in the coming days).

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Reception issues will be fixed once FM gets the 700MHz and 2500MHz. You will be able to get reception through building walls. I didn't have too many issues getting reception in the GTA. There were some spotty areas but you kind of lived with it. As mentioned, this will change soon.

jshmeek

@Noosiekins wrote:

@Michael77 & @jshmeek thanks for inquiring with FM! 

Anyone in BC came over from FM?! how's their coverage? 

I ported from Rogers originally, so can't say first hand. But I've known plenty of people in Vancouver who use Freedom, and they can't receive service inside buildings quite often. Vancouver doesn't have access to Freedom's band 4 lte, only band 66, so most phones won't work on it (3G service only).

Noosiekins

@Michael77 & @jshmeek thanks for inquiring with FM! 

Anyone in BC came over from FM?! how's their coverage? 

Michael77
I agree. In all honesty, FM's LTE in the GTA is really good.

Noosiekins

@srlawren makes sense LOL my friend ALWAYS goes over hers and it's because of her commute. 

jshmeek

@Michael77 wrote:
So this is where you go to customer retentions to see what they can offer you to stay. Unfortunately at PM there is no one to call. Plus they are prepaid.

Great, now we can all flood the mod airwaves before another promo!

In all honesty, they'll likely turn you away and say "keep an eye on future promos". The fact it went down so fast says they now need to up the anti.

Michael77
So this is where you go to customer retentions to see what they can offer you to stay. Unfortunately at PM there is no one to call. Plus they are prepaid.

Michael77
Yes, just got off the phone with FM. You have to go to the store to port. I did not have to wait more than 30 seconds on the phone to be connected to a FM rep. The rep from FM was very knowledgeable and extremely nice.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jshmeek wrote:

Just confirmed with a supervisor that it is available in-store by port only.

@jshmeek good to know, thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jshmeek

Just confirmed with a supervisor that it is available in-store by port only.

srlawren

@jshmeek interesting.  please keep us posted!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Michael77 wrote:
@Noosiekins,

He is a teenager.

@Michael77 yep, they get on their snapchats and their instagrams and their youtubes, netflixes, spotifies, etc and it does not take use up that data!

@Noosiekins wrote:

@Michael77 I'm a Shaw Internet subscriber...so I've got shaw go wifi + I am on wifi at home and at work... so I hardly ever use up my data. How do people use 11 gig in 1 month?!

@Noosiekins just because you don't ues a lot of data doesn't mean nobody should.  🙂

I'm a consultant and occasionally need to use tethering at a client site for various reasons.  If I needed to do that a lot, I'd go through a lot of data too.  Forutnatley I don't have too very often.  EDIT: also a lot of people (myself included) have a daily round trips of 60+ mins on busses or trains, not all of which have free WiFi.  I mostly do low usage tasks like catching up on tech news or twitter, but for anyone that streams music or movies to pass the time, they would very quickly go thorugh large amounts of data.

jshmeek

@srlawren I'm in BC.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On the phone with who Freedom Mobile? Maybe it was a one day only promo

srlawren

@jshmeek what province are you in?  The offer at Freedom is only availabe in Ontario, Albert, and BC

jshmeek

On the phone now. The rep doesn't see it as available, so I'm on hold for a supervisor.

Vickel

anyone know the official cut off time for this promo was?

had 2 friend join yesterdya hope they get the 12GBs

Noosiekins

@jshmeek thanks for doing the research for us! I'm stuck at work and being on the phone with Freedom would be a no no LOL

i heard its only on the home network? has anyone confirmed its only home and not away as well?

jshmeek

@Noosiekins wrote:

@jshmeek I don't see it on their website....

I assume it's an offer only available by phone or in store. I'll give them a ring in a minute and see what they say.

Noosiekins

@jshmeek I don't see it on their website....

Noosiekins
@Michael77 wrote:
@Noosiekins,

He is a teenager.

oh? 

jshmeek

Exactly my thoughts. The only risk here though is Public comes back to save their customers and offers a retention offer.

I remember last year when the Freedom and Public twitter pages had a spat, I guess this is the declaration of an all out plan pricing war. LOL

Edit: Maybe it would be wise to let my account at Public fizzle for 90 days (I don't think the account closes without payment for that long, and I don't want to risk losing my 6GB/90 day plan, as the LTE is still nice), so maybe I'll go get a Telus or Koodo postpaid sim, get the Freedom deal, then wait on the Public offer if their is one (either by port or by retention). I suppose you could call this jumping through the triple hoop.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/02/03/public-mobile-freedom-mobile-twitter-drama/

Sad that my plan just re-newed. Basically locked in for another 90 days unless i want to bite the bullet and take a loss

@jshmeek you're in a good situation. If i were you Id hop on that freedom mobile deal. With it being postpaid and if PM makes a new promo, you'll just get a pro rated charge, which shouldnt be much

Need Help? Let's chat.