Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

@Surtock Please do NOT port-in your current number during activation in case there is a problem that terminates your old service before Public Mobile has activated properly. Strongly suggest you first read this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@gabrielakcygan wrote:
I noticed this too. Might sound silly but are the old plans going to come back? I have the exact same 6g plan for $120 and wanted to get my mom into public mobile for the same plan.

@gabrielakcygan Not until a couple of competitors offer something similar. Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Surtock, yes you can keep your number.  During setup it will ask if you want a new number or port a number.  Once you port your number your old account will be closed with your old provider.  You will not need to contact them.  They will send you a final bill that will be pro-rated for the day of service you had and any amounts you may have left on a subsidized phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

yes, you can port your number over. You need to know your account # from your current carrier first though

Surtock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just left the Walmart place, and the guy who sold me the sim card told me that I can keep my phone number when I sign up. Is this true coming from any carrier?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pikachiu132 wrote:

As an exisiting customer with a 90 day plan, how do i take advantage of this offer ?

In the PM self-serve portal, you can schedule a plan change to occur at your next renewal. Go to "Plan & Add-on" then "Change Plan." As long as you do the scheduling operation before the promo expires, you will get the promo plan and be able to renew that going forward.  After you select your plan, make sure you choose "Change on next renewal" instead of "Change plan now," or it will charge you for the new plan right away and you will lose whatever time is left on what you paid on your current cycle.  Doing it this way means you don't have to have the funds in your account right now.  If you have a credit card on file for autopay, you'll be covered.

@pikachiu132 just change your plan in your self-serve account. You will just need funds in your account to cover the cost of the new plan.

pikachiu132

As an exisiting customer with a 90 day plan, how do i take advantage of this offer ?

Michael77

Not sure.  We will have to wait and see.

gabrielakcygan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I noticed this too. Might sound silly but are the old plans going to come back? I have the exact same 6g plan for $120 and wanted to get my mom into public mobile for the same plan.

ashish_s
@srlawren oh makes sense now, thanks!

srlawren

@ashish_s you were asking about price increase.  Yes, it's increased, but not if you stay on your current plan.  So it doesn't directly affect you UNLESS you change your plan or let your plan get suspended for more than 90 days.  Either of those would cause you to lose the grandfathered plan and you'd have to choose one of the new, more expensive plans.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ashish_s
@srlawren I don't think I understand how grandfathered plans came into discussion. Could you expand on that?

Surtock

Thank you for the clairifcation.

srlawren

@ashish_s you're partly wrong.  If you were to sign up brand new today, or change your plan today, yes this would definitely be an increase and not much of a deal.  However, your current plan is grandfathered indefinitely.  So unless you explicitly change your plan or let your account close, you can keep your current plan at your current price indefinitely.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ashish_s
I'm currently paying $120/3 months (~$45/month after auto-pay rewards) and get 6GB 4G LTE + unlimited provincial talk + unlimited international text. This "promo" of adding 3GB of 4G LTE data bumps it to $180/3 months (~$65/month after auto-pay rewards). Hardly seems like a deal when it's a $20/month increase per month.

Am I wrong? Let me know!

srlawren

@Surtock no, there is no data rollover.  I did see someone reply that there is rollover and I was worried that might mislead you but didn't get a chance to reply.

The point the person was trying to make is that you have flexibility with how you use the data within the 90 days.  Say you get the 12GB + 6GB bonus plan for a total of 18GB.  What the person was saying is that it's not 6GB per month or anything like that.  You could use 1GB in the first 30 days, 2GB in the 2nd 30 days, and 15GB in the last 30 days if you wanted.  Or you could use all 18GB on day 1 if you really wanted, but that would be silly as you'd have 89 days with no plan data left.  

So, there is NO rollover of plan data between cycles, but there IS flexibility of how you use the 90 days worth of data over the 90 days.  The rough guideline is take the 90 day plan amount and divide by 3 and that's your "approximate" average per month, but again you could use it at any time at any rate during the 90 days.  Anything leftover is lost.

data is for the 90 Days, so it would be the 18GB over 90 days, it cant be carried over so when your plan re-news its a new 18GB.

PM does have caller ID and voicemail. Just not VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling.

Surtock

So if at the end of the 90 days I still have data left over it will be tacked on to the next 90 days?

i.e. at the end of my first 90 day "contract" I have used 12GB , 6GB remaining, during that period, the next 90 days I pay for an additional 18GB, but still get the remainder of the last "contract" totaling 24GB?

Most of the time I come in just under my allotment, but I occasionaly go over. That carry over would bank, for lack of a better word, and give me a buffer for those heavy data months.

Also what about the bells and whistles? 

Voice mail?

Caller ID?

VoLTE/VoWIFI?

Surtock
Yes, good catch Shawn. I misunderstood the allocation of data and that turns out that it is too good to be true.
Bummer.
My wife can get in on this at least.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Nice to see a LTE promo. Wonder how well the 3G promo went

WearySky

@xCameron94x wrote:

Just be sure to not go over here, because an extra 1GB is $30 with public mobile

Just to clarify for those not familiar - you can't actually go over, you just run out and get cut off, and it costs $30 to add a 1GB addon.  Easier to just do an early renewal through the mods, IMO.

Just be sure to not go over here, because an extra 1GB is $30 with public mobile

@Surtock also if you do hit caps, with 90 day plans you have rollover data as well

Since data allowance is entire 90 days

@Surtock wrote:
Well, sign me up!
I often hit my 6GB limit, as I have this month, and an extra GB costs me an extra $15.
This is a no brainer for sure!
I'm actually giddy!!

Michael77

Hi Surtock,

Or you could also try to get a better cell phone plan with Telus.  Just call retentions and tell them you are thinking of leaving. 

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

great plan for those who missed last time, thankyou PMHeart

@kav2001c wrote:

the "catch" is no more customer service

You can't call in to them anymore, any requests you make need to be done through self service 

We do have customer service but its community based. Any time you need support, you can send a private message to our awesome moderators. 

@Surtock You can order the sim here or get it from your local Walmart or WOW mobile botique. Once you get the sim, you can activate it here

So in the end you could get either:

- same plan with unlimited prov. calls instead of 200 min., and save $2/month if you enable autopay.

- Or, if you don't need high-speed data, you could get unlimited prov. calls + unlimited texts + 18gb "3G" data/90 days for $52/month (or $50 with autopay).

All on the same network, and then you also get $1/month reward (discount) for every year you keep your account active (up to a maximum of $5/month reduction)

mimmo
Good catch shawn

@Surtock wrote:

@so if I switch from Telus @$75 a month for 200 min. talk, ultd. global sms, and 6GB, I can get ultd. province wide, ultd global sms and 16GB a month for the same price? All I need to do is switch and pay 3 months at a time instead of monthly?

What's the catch?

If my research is right, Telus is the parent company, and PM uses the same network?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I always heard that too good to be true always is.

Thanks again.

@Surtock, it isn't 16GB a month it is 18 GB over 90 days.  So on average over 30 days you would be getting 6GB

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.