Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

Surtock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Well, sign me up!
I often hit my 6GB limit, as I have this month, and an extra GB costs me an extra $15.
This is a no brainer for sure!
I'm actually giddy!!

@Surtock the "catch" is no more customer service

You can't call in to them anymore, any requests you make need to be done through self service

The deals are great imo and well worth cost of admission

Cheaper than nearly any normal plans out there

Surtock

So if I switch from Telus @$75 a month for 200 min. talk, ultd. global sms, and 6GB, I can get ultd. province wide, ultd global sms and 16GB a month for the same price? All I need to do is switch and pay 3 months at a time instead of monthly?

What's the catch?

If my research is right, Telus is the parent company, and PM uses the same network?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I always heard that too good to be true always is.

Thanks again.

@geologyking I did; Fido (Koodo also had quite the spike in rates, to the point both Fido & Virgin have cheaper plans today than Koodo does)

@geologyking wrote:

@kav2001c  Yes prices go up, that's inflation.  Can you point to any of the mobile providers who've raised their LTE rates 40 or 50% for new customers this year?  Inflation is running around 1% by comparison...

park_chris11
Awesome thanks!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@park_chris11 wrote:

what is the process for getting a current 90 day plan switche over to take advantage of the promo. Finding I can just barely not get by on 6gb for 3 months, would be great to get those bonus gb....

@park_chris11

In the PM self-serve portal, you can schedule a plan change to occur at your next renewal. Go to "Plan & Add-on" then "Change Plan." As long as you do the scheduling operation before the promo expires, you will get the promo plan and be able to renew that going forward.  After you select your plan, make sure you choose "Change on next renewal" instead of "Change plan now," or it will charge you for the new plan right away and you will lose whatever time is left on what you paid on your current cycle.

park_chris11

what is the process for getting a current 90 day plan switche over to take advantage of the promo. Finding I can just barely not get by on 6gb for 3 months, would be great to get those bonus gb....

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great, so now much is this cheaper than lets say Fido?

Time to say goodbye I guess.....

srlawren
@geologyking that's nice of you! No raise is required, I'm pretty sure all the oracles would prefer pm spend that money on reducing the plan costs closer to what they were before. 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
@Surtock $225 is the normal price for that plan, with or without the bonus data. The $60 discount is the normal discount applied to any 90 day plan that includes all of talk, text, and some amount of data. It will never got away.

As for the bonus data, the "limited time" aspect only applies to getting onto the plan. As long as you get on it by the (eventual) deadline, you can keep it indefinitely. You will lose the bonus data amount only if you explicitly change to another plan, or if your account gets closed.

Hope that helps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geologyking

@srlawrenYour honesty is appreciated and I've read enough critical comments from senior members of the community to know that there isn't a lot of happiness with the changes.  The work of oracles seems genuinely underappreciated by PM--I'd ask for a raise if I were youSmiley Happy

The bother comes, for me, when the "new normal" is struck.  No one's happy but we want to return to a state as close to the former normal as before so we sublimate our unhappiness and carry a smile around. 

Anyway, cheers again for your candidness and PM gods, if you're listening, give the oracles a raise.

Rockdaddy22
We all wish PM was cheaper

geologyking

@EltonB  I'm just a glutton for punishment

geologyking

@Rockdaddy22  I'm not suggesting at all that everyone is in this only for themselves but I am disappointed by those who shake off what's happened over the past month with the argument of "well, be thankful you're grandfathered".

I am one of the fortunate ones too--I'm grandfathered and if past experience with PM is future experience with PM, then I'm likely to enjoy a cheap plan well into the future.  That touches on what I mean by sharing information with prospective, new and established customers--if I were a prospective customer at this point and I became aware of the radical plan changes from July, I'd definitely think long and hard about switching to PM because it looks like the business model is changing and that those changes are still opaque. 

Regardless, I and the rest of us seem here for the ride at this point and will make decisions about keeping our business here or moving it elsewhere dependent on how PM treats us but I'm still going to add my 2 cents here and there, even when my opinion is unpopular.

Surtock

So i'm slightly confused about these new deals. In selecting the 90 day/unlimited province/global text/12GB + 6GB, at the end of the 90 day what happens? Do I just lose the extra 6GB and the 90 day monthly cost remains at $225 which I can continue paying until forever? Or at the end of the 90 days do I lose both the extra 6GB and the price goes back up to $285?

The first breaks down to $75/mo and the latter at $95/mo. 

I understand that I must pay 90 days at a time which I'm fine with. It's just what happens after the first 90 that has me wondering.

Thanks

EltonB
Wow, i earnd 25 bravos given badge...yeaaaaa

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@kmxkenn That’s correct, you will still receive the bonus data at your next renewal and onwards

kmxkenn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently on a 90-day plan which renews in October and wanted to clarify -- if I perform a plan change through self serve and future date it for my next renewal, will I still receive the bonus data? I signed up last week and would really like to jump on this for the value it offers me as I use quite a bit of data.

Thanks,

K

mimmo

@denkom wrote:

@dryanosborne You can go into the self-serve to change your plan to the new "promo" (if you can call it that) and future date it so that upon your next renewal it changes to this new plan. 

Just make sure you select future date and NOT immediately.  the second will cancel what you have of your current plan and make the take effect right away.

denkom

@dryanosborne You can go into the self-serve to change your plan to the new "promo" (if you can call it that) and future date it so that upon your next renewal it changes to this new plan. 

dryanosborne

Does this apply only to new sign-ups?  only just signed up and seems like I missed out because they could have mentioned an upcomming promotion. 😞

X-Files

This offer no need Limited Time ~ Robot wink

EltonB
@geology I still see you posting here lol....

To add to @srlawren points, i want the community members to know that Oracles really go above and beyond to point out things from the customers' point of view and not from the view of VIP or mods or employee or shareholders. 

Back to topic, lets all wait and see how things play out. Because of the community, we can actually analyze and gather some information to figure out how PM is doing with the new changes. If it doesn't work out, they will certainly know why. I suggest fellow members to continue help out in the community. We cannot be that upset because we cannot earn more referral discount? That's really not the case here, is it? I am usually negative thinker, but believe it or not, i am telling you to be positive from my personal view. If you can't, take some time off Smiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
It's every renewal, so it's just like a normal plan.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I really wish PM can gave a Promo for:

Unlim Can-Wide US+Global Txt+6GB(6GB Bonus) for like $185

Also, just curious, FOR the BONUS Data, is it that ONCE used up, U ONLY have the Rate Data, OR is it every Renewal, BONUS Data is given?

Just curious

Rockdaddy22
I love how the points changed to we don't care. @geologyking

My whole point was, that it isn't really relevant to a current customer looking to make a choice today, that's it. I've never supported these increases and wish they didn't happen, but they did. You were trying to say how important it was that new people know about these changes, I asked you to tell me how that info would help people, I haven't heard yet.

@EltonB wrote:
@geology guy Dont even bother posting lol. I'm not sure if you know, but the more you post and get bravoed or give solutions or anything like that, gives them credits toward the bill. Also, they keep their hopes up for becoming an oracle of some sort, and maybe they get further bill discounts. Thats why you see alot of posts with irrelevant help or kissing arse of PM.

@EltonB, I could make more money finding cans and recycling then I do with any rewards here so that isn't what this is all about.  Most are here to help out other members.

That is all I have for this thread as it has truly gone off the tracks and into argument mode like so many other threads have lately.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
It's just one small example of a price increase today of %40.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geologyking wrote:

@WearySkyBecause I think we can all do better than "I got mine". 

Wow, did you ever misread my post - it's nothing to do with "I got mine."  What I'm saying is - seeing that PM raised their prices 50% a few weeks ago has literally no use to somebody signing up *today*, because if they sign up today, they keep the prices they signed up with today.  Knowing that PM may increase prices by 50% again at some point in the future has zero relevance to somebody signing up today because that price increase will not affect them (at least, based on PM's historical behaviour thus far, which is the only thing we have to go on).

Need Help? Let's chat.