Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'll trade 36GB of data I never use for 10GB that would last me forever. Definitely a sweet deal in my books.

@Rockdaddy22 @kutzki 

I believe he is now on the correct 12GB plan. 

PM gave him 10GB as a data add-on because he paid for not having 6 extra GB for 6 months. That is really generous tbh. That 10Gb is worth $300 and now he can use that whenever he want after he runs out of data. It will carry on forever. So, i think he actually got a sweet bonus here. 

Rockdaddy22
Ok, but you could've contacted pm much sooner. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Are you saying they won't honor the promo to you now?

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
No. I'm saying I was paying the amount for 6GB of data.... and getting 6GB of data, but my plan was supposed to be for 12GB of data, they said they had issues at the beginning for a couple weeks, and I was in contact with staff during those two weeks, 6GB of data instead of 12 for 6 months... (I finally realized cuz I ran out of data for the first time, and checked my account, I only went on my account to pay balance, never really cared to look at details), and realized I wasn't getting 12, but 6..... 6GB less for 6 months = 36GB.

mimmo
@Bubba

I think many companies differenciate themselves for offering less. Ryan air, easyjet, even costco ( they have limited selection of products vs traditional stores)are examples off the top of my head.

PM is offering a sim only service and no stores while others have stores and phones and phone support is less than the others.

So Why pay for a service which you dont need. In the past year i have called outside of BC 20 minutes. So do i actually need canada wide calling. No. So based on the plans listed above i save 84$/year by going provincial vs the unneeded canada wide.

i dont know what flatulance you are talking about.

@kutzki wrote:

What bothers me, is that this is only available for people who are SPENDING that amount, and for those of us, who got deals in the past, need to spend almost double to get the extra deal? Loyalty means nothing, contributions get a few bucks towards our next bill, but what about the actual deals that we should get access to. I'm PAYING for 12GB per 12 months, I SHOULD get access to the extra 6GB, especially considering you never activated my plan until last month, even though I have been paying for it for 6 months (whether r not it was a deal/similar amount, etc.) which is a little bit ridiculous. Yeah they compensated me with 10GB data add-on, but that seemed like more of a way for them to get out of the amount of data that was owed to me (36GB). Anyways I'm not as satisfied with the customer service these days, it's why I stopped contributing on here tbh.

@kutzki, you are saying you paid for 6 months and only had it activated last month?  So you were without phone service for 5 months!?!?!?  Your current data is basically 1 GB a month as you said you have 12GB per 12 months and if they gave you 10 GB that is double the data you lost out on 5 months 11 GB a month.  Not sure where you are out 36 GB.  Now that isn't the point of your post I know and not mine either.  The Big 3 all run Promo's for NEW CUSTOMERS only and they aren't open to existing customers.  PM did this with their fall promo where it was open to everyone and the more recent FM was the first time I had seen it restricted to a certain group.  That is how you target your competition and get their customers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One thing I have hated for the logest time now is when "consumers" start talking like marketers.

Price points and Diffrentation. When the the average person start talking like this

@mimmo

we have to behave like a new potential customer.  compare what PM offers to what the others offer.  once the price differnces have  been determined then  its time to factor in the carrier differences.

for 3gb/month  data on LTE:

• koodo and fido $65/month unlimited Canada calling and texting 
  • PM: $63/30 days (90 day term) unlimited Canada calling and texting  with auto pay
  •   $58/30 days(90 day term) unlimited provincial calling and texting with auto pay

for $2 / month savings  i would likely go with Koodo.  (Canada wide- Canada wide)

for $7/month  savings if i only needed provincial i probably would consider PM

I actully think offering provincial calling is a way PM is able to differentiate itself from other carriers.

Stop talking flatulance.

Everyone please stop using these terms if you dont know what they mean, or your information is wrong.

How do you diffrentiate yourself by offering less?

Country wide calling is the norm for many carrirs.

I doubt it cost much more to offer country wide calling. Long distance is mere pennies now and have been that way for a long time

bryan403
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
No, it does not change unless you change you plan in the future.

srlawren

@zmawani please see @mimmo's reply.  He or she has explained it perfectly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
If you ask me, I really don't know which way the prices or plans are going. I think we will have to wait and see. But I do know the promo prices are grandfathered as long as you keep the plan.

mimmo

if you are on a promo plan then PM has honored (grandfathered) that plan as long as you dont change it.  History shows that plans keep going up, not down.

the promo is not a price reduction but rather a data addition. so once this promo ends teh prices will be the same but the data will return to the non data bonus amount.

zmawani
Does this mean that the regular plan once the promo expires is going to be more expensive? Is that the general feeling people have?

Rockdaddy22
Customer service hasn't changed much.

kutzki

What bothers me, is that this is only available for people who are SPENDING that amount, and for those of us, who got deals in the past, need to spend almost double to get the extra deal? Loyalty means nothing, contributions get a few bucks towards our next bill, but what about the actual deals that we should get access to. I'm PAYING for 12GB per 12 months, I SHOULD get access to the extra 6GB, especially considering you never activated my plan until last month, even though I have been paying for it for 6 months (whether r not it was a deal/similar amount, etc.) which is a little bit ridiculous. Yeah they compensated me with 10GB data add-on, but that seemed like more of a way for them to get out of the amount of data that was owed to me (36GB). Anyways I'm not as satisfied with the customer service these days, it's why I stopped contributing on here tbh.

jeffster1970

@LovingTeddy wrote:
Ontario, Fido, iPhone 6S ..From loyalty department....

Not bad considering you do get the iPhone.  I remember when I was with Rogers I couldn't get any decent deal.  Ended up going with WIND, then when PM had the FM promo, I came here, but the deal I got with PM is pretty solid, even if it excludes the phone. ($38/month 4GB/month)

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No store, no hardware to upgrade or call center, $75 for 6 GB data for 30 days too expensive 

Rockdaddy22
@LovingTeddy that must be some kind of retention deal or something. How much did you have to pay up front for the phone?

crazycolby
Better but still expensive......

LovingTeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Ontario, Fido, iPhone 6S ..From loyalty department....

pakmode

Interesting plan.  I like the creativity - and it shows at least the folks at PM are trying.

They obviously need to increase Average Revenue Per Unit (ARPU).  This is one way to do so. 

thats actually a 90 day plan, so you get 6GB to use over 90 days. Which is an average of 2GB a month. Plan is $126 for the 90 day pass, but with auto pay it goes down to $120 (an average of $40 a month) Also the data speed is 3G, not LTE

If you want LTE the 90 day pass is $150 for the same plan ($50 a month)

mindyzhang2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
What about the 1g+bonus $40,30days plan? I am about to do this if anyone can confirm. Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Which province and which iPhone?

LovingTeddy
Meh.... Simply dislike the idea of 90 day plan. It is like a mini contract and don't like the idea of putting 100 plus before I even use the services.

The plan is still half baked. If anyone do any homework can get better deal with other carriers. I have mine set at unlimited national wide call, unlimited text message, 1000 international call, 6GB data and iPhone alone with the plan for 90 dollars per month. If you factor out the monthly payment to the iPhone, monthly cost is similar with PM offer, but you get more. Like real customer service, Fido Roaming, Kioski services etc.

Rockdaddy22
That's right 🙂

jchlo

Bonus offer is back!

mimmo

@WearySky wrote:

@dunsdool wrote:

My Nexus 4 doesn't support 4G, but I plan on upgrading my phone later this year. Should I choose a 4G plan now or can I upgrade later? 

There's no guarantee these rates will be available later on (promo plans aren't offered forever), so if you want this amount of LTE data you'd best jump on it now, if the plan is attractive to you.  Once the promo is done, that's it, no new sign ups till the next promo.

@dunsdool you could get a 3g plan now and futuredate a promo plan that woudl give you 3 months at the 3g price and you will get the promo LTE in the future

brr256

I have to say...  I was following Public for a while before switching over, and I'm very happy.  My wife and I are both on 12 GB / 90 days for $120 and if this is as good as they can do ($225 / 90 days), then this will be my plan for life...

What I'm saying is that they could have squeezed a little more money out of people like me with 12+6 GB / 90 days if it was priced at $150 or $160...  But not at $225 (almost double).

Oh well.

WearySky

@dunsdool wrote:

My Nexus 4 doesn't support 4G, but I plan on upgrading my phone later this year. Should I choose a 4G plan now or can I upgrade later? 

There's no guarantee these rates will be available later on (promo plans aren't offered forever), so if you want this amount of LTE data you'd best jump on it now, if the plan is attractive to you.  Once the promo is done, that's it, no new sign ups till the next promo.

dunsdool

Need Help? Let's chat.