Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I believe this is the first time we're seeing 18gb of LTE data with PM. This is actually good news for people who want more data.

18gb works out to be 6gb/30 days at a base rate (no rewards) of 75$(provincial)  $80(Canada wide)

Koodo is $85 (5gb) and $110 7gb.

or if you prefer PM $12.5 $/gb provinical and  $13.3$/gb (Canada wide)

koodo $17/gb (5gb plan) and  $15.7 (7gb plan)

If i needed lots of data/month then I would choose PM.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I believe this is the first time we're seeing 18gb of LTE data with PM. This is actually good news for people who want more data.

My brother pays $40 somethng to Fido for 16gb of data... He got real lucky with whoever he was on the phone with in Retention a few years ago 

@mimmo wrote:

Many of us are jaded by past promos.  those are gone. Yes i agree the steep change was a shock maye PM coudl have rased teh rates in 3 steps over a 6 month period.  but they didn't.

we have to behave like a new potential customer.  compare what PM offers to what the others offer.  once the price differnces have  been determined then  its time to factor in the carrier differences.

for 3gb/month  data on LTE:

• koodo and fido $65/month unlimited Canada calling and texting 
  • PM: $63/30 days (90 day term) unlimited Canada calling and texting  with auto pay
  •   $58/30 days(90 day term) unlimited provincial calling and texting with auto pay

for $2 / month savings  i would likely go with Koodo.  (Canada wide- Canada wide)

for $7/month  savings if i only needed provincial i probably would consider PM

I actully think offering provincial calling is a way PM is able to differentiate itself from other carriers.

Jaded what?  Zoomer had a promo that just ended for $40.50, 2 gigs, Canada wide calling.  They scaled the data back to 1 gig, same price.  Rest assured that in a few weeks time, the double data deal will come back just in time for back to school promotion.  $50 is too much to pay for what is supposedly a discount carrier plan.  Not drinking any of this coolaid.

Noosiekins

@geologyking wrote:

Worth keeping in mind that at 3Gb+3Gb for 150$ it is still 30$ more expensive than the identical service with 6Gb plan was just a few weeks ago. 

This promotion is 25% more than the very recent regular price was.  It's akin to jacking up prices before Christmas and then putting items on "sale" for Boxing Day.

Silly PM think we won't notice...

denkom
@geologyking I can’t like your comment enough! You nailed it, couldn’t have said it better myself.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22Of course we can compare current PM pricing to previous PM pricing just as we can compare PM pricing to other companies.  LTE price plans went up 40-50% overnight and that is most definitely worth the reminder to current customers and worth the message to prospective customers.

It's probably worth mentioning too that PM's new pricing structure for new customers is not nearly as attractive as it was w.r.t. the Big 3's b brands and it's probably worth the speculation of what it tells us about Telus' plans for PM in the future.

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
@geologyking
New customers don't have a time machine. We can only fairly compare to the current pricing structure of the competition. I came to Public Mobile while they were in beta, and it wasn't on a promo plan. I'll be getting a 2 year loyalty bonus soon 🙂

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

$55 for 6GB 30 days will be more appropriate for PM with no call center 

geologyking

@kav2001c  Actually we're just remembering the most recent non-promo plan prices--the ones that shot up 40 or 50% overnight less than a month ago. 😞

Michael77
I also think the prices are still a bit too high for a mobile company that does not have a call centre.

With the right pricing and a combination of online and phone support there would be no stopping PM.

mimmo

Many of us are jaded by past promos.  those are gone. Yes i agree the steep change was a shock maye PM coudl have rased teh rates in 3 steps over a 6 month period.  but they didn't.

we have to behave like a new potential customer.  compare what PM offers to what the others offer.  once the price differnces have  been determined then  its time to factor in the carrier differences.

for 3gb/month  data on LTE:

• koodo and fido $65/month unlimited Canada calling and texting 
  • PM: $63/30 days (90 day term) unlimited Canada calling and texting  with auto pay
  •   $58/30 days(90 day term) unlimited provincial calling and texting with auto pay

for $2 / month savings  i would likely go with Koodo.  (Canada wide- Canada wide)

for $7/month  savings if i only needed provincial i probably would consider PM

I actully think offering provincial calling is a way PM is able to differentiate itself from other carriers.

CalvinW
What a joke

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Still too expensive.  Price point is too high.  So, no referrals from me. 

denkom
Yes, I am aware of that. But as soon as I see a promo plan elsewhere that is comparable to my current plan I will not hesitate to switch. It’s a shame really. I was hoping that PM would bring back their 12gb fall promo at some point 😞

Michael77
The 4G LTE plans are a little bit better. $75 for the 6gigs per month seems a bit too high. I guess it is better than 4gigs.

srlawren

@kav2001c the latter, definitely the latter!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ok so we are all agreed the apocalypse has been averted?

Or are you still wistfully remembering the last promo plan?

srlawren

@denkom keep in mind that you are currently grandfathered on your existing plan.  So only leave if it makes sense when comparing that plan to the competitive options, not when comparing the currently offered (in-market) PM plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

denkom

I was a big fan of PM, even though I had missed out on the 12gb/$40 fall promo (I joined a few weeks after that promo had expired). Anyway, I was telling everyone about PM, referred one friend, and my sister and husband were both planning to switch over. But with the recent price hikes they are definitely looking elsewhere. Right now Fido, Koodo, and Virgin Mobile have an attractive $40 promo plan (albeit with only 1gb of data per month). But that plan does includes 500 Canada wide minutes. Plus having the ability to call-in to customer service or visit a store in person, it just makes sense to go with one of them instead. Now I am also thinking about switching to another provider. PM is no longer a low cost option and that's disappointing. PM: Please consider bringing back your $40 LTE plans! 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
... disappointed.
But my opinion is very biased, since I know the other plans before, I want to start looking with fresh eyes, but I just can't yet. Still wouldn't recommend anyone.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Lulz. Paying more for what was only weeks ago much less is not what I would call amazing. Slightly less of a ripoff might be more appropriate?

MK78

@geologyking wrote:

@SD08  I understand where you are coming from...I'm just trying to add some balance to the thread.

Before I jumped ship from Rogers, I spent a lot of time reading the posts here and this community is amazing, both for support but also very pro PM.  At the time, I thought that was great.  My opinion of the community is the same but I think the support for PM is now misplaced.

I just want anyone like me, looking at switching over to PM at this point to understand the massive plan restructuring that was introduced last month and the corresponding huge increases in plan prices for LTE.  I think it's only fair that they know what's been going on.

I absolutely agree. I switched during last fall's big 90day/12GB promo, because it was an unbelievable deal. I switched from a Rogers Business plan thru my work, which was 5gb data, US/Canada unlimited calling, text, intl text, $65+tax.

So I dropped down a gig, but i generally never used that much anyway, i didn't need the US/Canada wide calling, but needed province wide which was included in the PM plan, so that was covered... I also lost some higher level features like Name Caller ID, VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Visual Voicemail on iPhone. I can't see any of those ever coming to PM.

And honestly, I did not know about the level of support offered by PM when I decided to make the switch, and had a bit of a letdown during signing up process due to the system not being able to process my credit card correctly. But after I figured it out (support from the forum mods was non existent in a timely fashion then) everything has been OK.

But having said that, I don't think I would switch now, given these new plan prices, and having to fork out a lot more per 3 months, up front, and losing the features that I lost from Rogers, and the loss of direct call center support.

I will stay as long as PM honors the plan, and as long as I have no major issues with the service or getting support for any issues that may arise.

mimmo

for 3gb data on LTE:

koodo and fido:

$65/month unlimited canada calling and texting 

PM:

$63/30 days (90 day term) unlimited canada calling and texting  with auto pay

$58/30 days(90 day term) unlimited provincial calling and texting with auto pay

MK78

@jeffster1970 wrote:

Problem with living in Ontario. Not sure why we're the most expensive province. Guess it's because of lack of competition. 

Well, we had one last remaining "independent" swallowed up by the telco mafia in the Ontario market. Wind might have not been the greatest (in fact it sucked big time when I tried them for 6 months a few years ago)  but it sort of kept the incumbents' flanker brands more "honest". Now that Wind has fully changed over to Shaw's Freedom, their prices have gone up and the flanker brands no longer have to match or be close.

geologyking

@SD08  I understand where you are coming from...I'm just trying to add some balance to the thread.

Before I jumped ship from Rogers, I spent a lot of time reading the posts here and this community is amazing, both for support but also very pro PM.  At the time, I thought that was great.  My opinion of the community is the same but I think the support for PM is now misplaced.

I just want anyone like me, looking at switching over to PM at this point to understand the massive plan restructuring that was introduced last month and the corresponding huge increases in plan prices for LTE.  I think it's only fair that they know what's been going on.

SD08

@geologyking

While that may be true, those prices aren't available from PM anymore.  I don't like the recent price increases either (who did?), but I'm comparing the promo to PM's current regular prices. Maybe this isn't a "fantastic" deal, but if someone always compared new promos to those previous prices, then they could be waiting a long time for an acceptable deal.

geologyking

@SD08  Can you explain how this is such a fantastic promo given that this promotional price is 25% higher than the regular price was for the exact same level of plan(90 days, global text, province wide calling and 6Gb) just 3 weeks ago.  This was a 50% markup followed by 50% reduction of the markup. 

SD08

Here we go.  I recall reading recently that someone had thrown out their unactivated SIMs.  Robot tongue  Good things come to those who are patient.  

Now that there's a promo, I wonder how long the Walmart and Wow Mobile stores will remain stocked with SIMs?  The places I had checked didn't seem to have many to begin with.

jeffster1970

@srlawren wrote:

@jeffster1970 it's not just Ontario.  I belive those are the same rates we get out here in BC, too.  In fact, i think most of the country, other than Quebec, Saksatchewan, and Manitoba.

Yeah, that's true. I think us people in Ontario just feel a little more persecuted than the ROC. We've had it with expensive stuff. Especially hydro, yikes.  Lots of benefits of living in Quebec, though the taxes are quite a bit higher, (looked to me about a $2600/year difference than Ontario)...still though.  

Need Help? Let's chat.