Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $22 Province-Wide Talk
  • $28 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $43 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $48 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $63 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

As you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to become an online-only brand and give Canadians control of their wireless spend. Along this journey, we will need to make some changes to adapt. To that end, effective February 15th, 2018, all Legacy/Pioneer rate plans will increase in price. The reason for the price increase is simple: operating a call centre is expensive and, as the number of Legacy/Pioneer customers decreases, we lose the scale that has allowed us to operate it to date.

With that said, what we care about most is our customers and we want you to continue feeling good about your wireless choice, so we’ve worked with our sister brand, Koodo, to offer all Legacy/Pioneer customers a way to keep the same price. For a limited time, from January 10th to February 9th, 2018, Legacy/Pioneer customers can join Koodo with a similar rate plan that they have now with Public Mobile, at the same price they pay today. If you are a Legacy/Pioneer customer, you are eligible for this offer and you will be hearing from us over the next few days with details on how to take advantage of this deal.

If you are not a Legacy/Pioneer customer, this price increase and the above offer do not apply to you and you can continue enjoying your current plan.

To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.   

Thank you for your continued support as we evolve and change Smiley Happy

The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

wrote:

Public mobile legacy customer wanting to change over to koodo. Went to koodo , was asked for code text message that iwas supposed to have received from PM.  Have not recieved code from PM and now will be forced to pay 5$ more on the 15 of February because  i can not contact PM because they have no phone number.

@Chrismckeown

Not sure about being forced - if I'm presented with different facts than what I thought I'm going back to the drawing board before commiting. But that's obviously just me.

If you are a legacy customer as outlined in the very first post you have access to customer service over the phone - dial *611 and be prepared to wait on hold.

Alternatively, and the way to get support from a Public Mobile employee if you are not a legacy customer, you can send a private message to the moderator team (= Public Mobile employees).

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, PIN, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Mojdehnasr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What customer service? There is no customer service at public mobile, there is no way to reach you guys if clients need something except this community method which is bogus to be honest. We're in 2018...every company has a direct phone number easy accessible customer service department. Don't say you don't have any money...you're affiliated to Telus and Koodo, big telecommunication companies of Canada and customer service base salaries start at 24$ per hour...comon....

Aside from that, the phone line I have is for my 68 year old father who really only needs his phone to talk and be reached. What guarantee's me that when I switch him to Koodo, you won't make the same move and start increasing the prices too?

I understand that these are the lines that bring you the less income, but this is the type of move that gives this company a bad reputation. 

Treat your clients respectfully. 

Chrismckeown

Public mobile legacy customer wanting to change over to koodo. Went to koodo , was asked for code text message that iwas supposed to have received from PM.  Have not recieved code from PM and now will be forced to pay 5$ more on the 15 of February because  i can not contact PM because they have no phone number.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@CTink

Why Us ... Plans ... Promotions ... Get Started ... Community

Big buttons at the top of the page!

Along with less visible "build your own plan" options at the bottoms of these screens.

To be honest, I've been "away" from the PM Community for a while ... the last time I saw PM run a "big" promo was a bit of a zoo, the response from thousands of new and existing customers was so surprising and so overwhelming that it took weeks (maybe months) to get everything sailing smoothly again.  It seems like they've come up with a new promotion/announcement structure that keeps things more "normal" haha.

CTink

I am new to PM.  Very impressed with how PM is accomodating people with old plans to save increasing their fees.  But, as a new customer, I am curious about promos.  Where are they posted or how are they communicated?  Strictly here in the community?

@win2018

I expect your email explicitly stated how/where you should reply.  Probably an email address.  Probably a clickable link (which may not have been apparent as such on your screen).

But, if not, then reply to the email directly.  Unless it's sent from "do_not_reply@email.com" or whatever, lol, in which case you should probably talk to someone directly.

win2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my legacy plan today by calling call center. One gentlman helped me  as I requested. Afterward I received an email, in which my new plan details and changes were shown. I was also asked to make a comfirmation by reply an email in 24-48 hrs in order to complete my change. I want to know if I reply their email directly? Any help is appreciated.

wrote:

This is probably a dumb question ...

But exactly what services did this "call center" provide, aside from being just like the services available online but with a phone number and a human voice?

Correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

This is probably a dumb question ...

But exactly what services did this "call center" provide, aside from being just like the services available online but with a phone number and a human voice?

Dninclaus

Now that I know how to use community I wouldnt need a phone call 

Arien

Seems fairly simple to me as well.  I wonder what new plan options will come out after this update.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ uanoor, Hi there, can you please send us a private with your phone# and pin# so we may look into it for you. here is the link: 
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit... . Thank you!  

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@uanoor, Yes they should.  However, depending on when you changed, it could be a matter of systems.  One system takes care of the actual account setup & admin, and another system takes care of marketing stuff.  the two systems might sync up only so often.  Probably the same a unwanted emails.  you unsubscribe, but keep getting emails for another week or two.

All that said, if it has been a while since you switched over, you can ask the moderators to look into it, by sending them a private message.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

uanoor

I already changed my legacy plan to non legacy (I mean prepaid plan). But still getting  notice on my phone about increase in price. Shouldn't public mobile administration already know that they have changed my plan.

katiefleming

After waiting 40 min on hold with *611 I hung up. How long does the call center normally take?!?!? I've never had to use it in the ~4 years I've been a customer. But 40 min is ridiculous and I never even got through.

@sqaisar If you are a Legacy customer, then it was before Jan 27/15 and after May 4/14. Try calling 611, they may be able to locate the data; I have been unable to find it in my self-serve account.

koimr1

wrote:

How can I find out what date I signed on with Public Mobile? Thank you.

I'm not sure as I don't see a start date myself in my Self-Serve. However, perhaps like myself you have an email or text from when you first signed up?

I'm pretty sure you want to know if you are a "Legacy" customer - if your current plan was in place before January 27, 2015 then you are. Good test would be to try calling *611 and see if you have access to call centre support - if you do then you are indeed a Legacy dude. Or dudette. 🙂

If you just want to know when you started, you can contact the mods via private message by clicking here and providing your email address, phone number and your request.

sqaisar

How can I find out what date I signed on with Public Mobile? Thank you.

Nelliee

Wondering if your with Koodo, how you on this site? I just recently got a plan with PM and so far I'm happy with the coverage. Not planning on moving anytime soon 🙂

wrote:

hi there

I did switch to the 25/30 plan as i do not call long distance outside quebec and use text msg for any communications outside quebec.

but should the need come for canada wide calling or another price increase, that would be the time i would leave PM and go elsewhere.

seems PM is giving less help and increasing the cost.

Just a reminder that you can use a long distance add-on. Minutes don't expire until used up. If you call destinations outside your province for less than 400min in 90 days (roughly 2 hours per month) the 400min/$15 add-on is economically better than upgrading to Canada wide calling.

alf

hi there

I did switch to the 25/30 plan as i do not call long distance outside quebec and use text msg for any communications outside quebec.

but should the need come for canada wide calling or another price increase, that would be the time i would leave PM and go elsewhere.

seems PM is giving less help and increasing the cost.

wrote:

@alf Correct. PM is pushing you to Koodo, or a current PM plan without call centre support. You can just pay the latest price increase but it's surely worth the effort to review current offers: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans. You will be elligible for Loyalty and Auto topup Rewards. I have a friend in the same situation and he's decided to go with a provincial calling plan with a long distance add-on to see whether he really needs Canada wide calling.

If you would like some assistance picking a plan just let us know the features you would like.

IMHO the 90/90 combined with a LD add-on can be a great in-market alternative for a legacy customer who wants a little bit of data, only uses out-of-province calling occasionally and is comfortable with using the community for support.

More in-market options are laid out in my post here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap...

@alf Correct. PM is pushing you to Koodo, or a current PM plan without call centre support. You can just pay the latest price increase but it's surely worth the effort to review current offers: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans. You will be elligible for Loyalty and Auto topup Rewards. I have a friend in the same situation and he's decided to go with a provincial calling plan with a long distance add-on to see whether he really needs Canada wide calling.

If you would like some assistance picking a plan just let us know the features you would like.

alf

good day all

I switched to PM 3 or 4 years ago as I did not want to support the big 3 who found ways to pick my pocket. I was glad with the original PM as $19 / month was a very fair price for the amount that i use my my phone. When they upgraded the system and had to change to n androis phone, I was offered unlimited talk, text and data for $25 / month on a promotion for 22 month and was happy with both the service and price. since Telus took them over, they have made moves that are making it harder to stay with PM. for starters, they changed the unlimited data to 1Gig per month, not that I use anywhere near that amount of data but none the less they changed it. since then they keep finding excuses to increas the price and making it harder to remain a loyal PM customer and this latest increase they are looking to intoduce is close to my limit of loyality. for now I changed to an alternate plan to avoid the $5 / month increase but on the next text I get statng another increase and/or offer to switch to koodo, I will simply switch to a different carrier as PM is turned into a big 3 were as they are looking to get everyone to pay a minimum of $40+ a month for service.

Hope the CRTC gets off thier A$$es starts doing something about the big 3 monoplies and let some new players into the market as they have in the US. being in quebec, my choices are slim.

CynthiaM

Thank you also for a straight forward answer.  We did not start until June or July 2015 therfore aren't Legacy/pioneer customers.  So we just forward as normal I assume....

matbasm

@CynthiaM, You are considered a Legacy/ Pioneer customer if you are currently on a rate plan that was available prior to January 27, 2015

koimr1

wrote:

and as far as I know I dont have call centre access....only online services ....

It sounds like you are NOT a Legacy/Pioneer customer.

When did you actually start with Public Mobile? That's probably the easiest place to start. 🙂

CynthiaM

and as far as I know I dont have call centre access....only online services ....

CynthiaM

sorry doesnt really answer my question or i am just misunderstanding your post...I have 1G + unlimted canada & us + unlimited global text on a 90 day autopay....does that make me legacy or does time with Public Mobile make me so?  Also if I read correctly you will still have the build your own plans - that being how i am now...

wrote:

How do I know if I am a Legacy/Pioneer customer? And what are the rate changes going to be?

@CynthiaM

It's in the very first post / the official announcement: (my highlighting)

wrote:

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $22 Province-Wide Talk
  • $28 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $43 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $48 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $63 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

[...]

With that said, what we care about most is our customers and we want you to continue feeling good about your wireless choice, so we’ve worked with our sister brand, Koodo, to offer all Legacy/Pioneer customers a way to keep the same price. For a limited time, from January 10th to February 9th, 2018, Legacy/Pioneer customers can join Koodo with a similar rate plan that they have now with Public Mobile, at the same price they pay today. If you are a Legacy/Pioneer customer, you are eligible for this offer and you will be hearing from us over the next few days with details on how to take advantage of this deal.

If you are not a Legacy/Pioneer customer, this price increase and the above offer do not apply to you and you can continue enjoying your current plan.

To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.   

Thank you for your continued support as we evolve and change Smiley Happy

The Public Mobile Team

For a chart with the price changes and in-market options with Public Mobile have a look at my post earlier in this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Effective-February-15th-changes-are-hap...

Need Help? Let's chat.