Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective April 1, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Public Mobile is continuing our evolution to an online-only brand with the goal to provide customers more choice in a clear and uncomplicated way.  Along this journey, we are making some changes. On April 1, 2017, all Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans will increase by $3 per month.

If you are not on a Legacy rate plan this increase does not apply to you.

You are considered a Legacy/ Pioneer customer if you are currently on one of the following rate plans that was available prior to January 27, 2015:

• $19 Province-Wide Talk
  • $25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $40 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $45 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $60 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

To learn more, click here.

Thanks,

Public Mobile Community team

251 REPLIES 251

Rambo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Post a link that shows this "promise" and you may be on to something.

classleg

email this to all the news outlets.  every paper, tv, electronic form available.

include every paper, and electronic promise public mobile made.

to whom it may concern:

watchdog, consumer protection, news

public mobile is increasing the price on customers... to whom they promised would always have the same price.

public mobile, owned by telus, is reneging on their promise.
'grandfathered' plans are being increased by $3.00. or you can switch to koodo.

they have always said, in print, in advertising, emails, text messages...
that the rate will always remain the same for the customers who joined first.
they also said this during their 4G conversion.

now, they want to increase the price, get rid of the call center, and have customers change phone companies.

thousands of people are now seeing an increase in price, or the option to switch companies.

i don't know how many people are on the 'grandfathered' plan.
it is probably thousands. possibly, tens of thousands.

this move to increase the price of public mobile is a 'cash grab' and a move to have people forget about the promises public mobile made. once people have switched to koodo, telus will be able to increase their price as much as they want.

please investigate, please report.

thank you,
-

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @SteSharo!

Please send me a private message for help! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @SteSharo!

Please edit your post to remove your email address.  This is a public forum and you may start getting spam mail if not careful.  

PM sim cards are delivered via Xpresspost with 1 to 2 business day delivery times for most areas.  Please verify your mailing address with one of our community moderators.

I will tag @Shazia_K, who is a moderator you can send your email address, and the sim order number via private message.  Hang in there, this will get sorted soon.

SteSharo

Orded a new sims card for a friend to send to me has not arrived and past 10 days.

Sent email with tracking number. My email is sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcom. or shxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxom

Like my sims card delivered asap by registered mail since waited over 10 days.

Thanks.
Sharon Elain

fidorulz

This will work even if her plan has no sms?

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @fidorulz!

You can text ‘OFFER’ to 5255 and find out if you're eligible for this Legacy-only promotion 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

fidorulz

What do you mean after switching? From the info on the site the code should have been sent with the April first changes sms notification.

Also this code is needed prior to switching to Koodo.

My mother got the first SMS about 5 days ago and never got the 2nd

publicman

@humonculi  - If you have an old plan @$40 with 6gb data, its pretty good...

New plans are always more expensive, unless they have some promos. I guess its worth calling and asking what they have. I'm not sure if you get 10$ off per plan.  But you are correct, they do offer student 10% off.

One issue is not everyone needs data at home.  But for 6gb at $40 - then I would get it for everyone. If not, a voice-text only plan would suffice for some of us.   This is where the old legacy PM $25 talk-text made sense.

humonculi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fidorulz wrote:

So since I never got the promo code to switch to koodo do I have any options vs paying more

nope i just got mine 15 mins after switching so you're going to get it any moment now

fidorulz

So since I never got the promo code to switch to koodo do I have any options vs paying more

humonculi

@publicman wrote:

@humonculi   Would you share which Videotrn plan you are using?    We have multiple lines at home and that deal sounds quite interesting.... we would need to switch (or combine) 3-lines for cell phones.

@publicman wrote:

@humonculi   Would you share which Videotrn plan you are using?    We have multiple lines at home and that deal sounds quite interesting.... we would need to switch (or combine) 3-lines for cell phones.

Well the plan that i have doesn't exist anymore but they do have one that isn't that bad. But you already have to be a customer I believe. You can always try calling and asking for the 6gb of data for 66$ and if you have 3 lines well it's a 10$ off per plan. Don't forget that videotron offers student rebais for 10% aswell 

publicman

@neoceltic no not at this time

neoceltic

I assume this doesn't affect the grandfathered 90 for 90 plans?

fidorulz
She got the message last weekend and never got a 2nd one

Rambo
This is most likely the message she received via text message: "Public Mobile here. This is an important service announcement. On April 1st, 2017, your rate plan will increase by $3 per month. To learn more and to explore options that may be available to you please visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate. Thank you from Public Mobile."

Half an hour later I received another one with the Promo Code you're talking about and a location which is close by to your residence.

My advice, hang tight for a bit and they'll send another message.

Cheers! 🍻

fidorulz

My elderly mother has the $19 Province-Wide Talk plan since 2014 and she received the text telling hr about the plan change and for more info to goto

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/serviceupdate

Only problem is the message contains no promo code which as per the website says its needed to transfer to koodo and keep the plan

To get this offer, follow these easy steps:

Your promo code in the text message you received from us

What do I do now?

Rambo
Your grammar is terrible.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rambo public is owned by telus so unlikely. Telus and them jacked up their price by $5 a while back I heard so if anything I'm surprised that it's not $5 instead of $3.

Rambo
I'm waiting for the next announcement stating: "April Fools!"

@ShawnC13 Each. Price discount for multiple lines. Not a family plan.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Is it 6gb each or is it a shared amount

humonculi

nope we all get our own 6gb of data

Is it 6gb each or is it a shared amount

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thats why I have been bugging Public to do family / share / slo plans for a while

humonculi

taught I mentioned it , Yes its video Tron but no we don’t have 4 phones we only have 3 

@humonculi wrote:

I'm in Quebec, it's not freedom and i get a new phone every 2 years as well with that price.

@humonculi you getting everyone all excited Cat LOL

@ShawnC13 Videotron does T-Mobile style pricing. In other words, 1 line is $94 per month. But if you get 4 lines (family, friends, whatever) then you pay a total of $160 per month 

So each pays $40 and gets hardware upgrades, 6GB data etc

They also sell hardware cheaper than Freedom does

I'm pretty sure other carriers in Quebec will try to match even if not publicly

http://www.videotron.com/residential/mobile/mobile-plans#tab/cat2140119

humonculi

I'm in Quebec, it's not freedom and i get a new phone every 2 years as well with that price.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@humonculi  best of luck with your new provider.  That promo plan with Freedom for 6GB is actually 3GB plus and additional 3GB until January 31, 2018.  For awareness as someone who is quite upset with the price by PM this was also included in the wording of the Promo.

The Promo 40 plan is a promotional plan and activation on this plan is only available for a limited time. Freedom Mobile reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

@humonculi  best of luck with your new provider.  That promo plan with Freedom for 6GB is actually 3GB plus and additional 3GB until January 31, 2018.  For awareness as someone who is quite upset with the price by PM this was also included in the wording of the Promo.

The Promo 40 plan is a promotional plan and activation on this plan is only available for a limited time. Freedom Mobile reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

All I can think of is it's Freedom, but you have to be concerned with their limited time pricing, and the fact that you can not be on the best network speeds outside of major centres.

Need Help? Let's chat.