cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well thanks to @darlicious  @BearFBI @kb_mv and a couple of others I would have been excluded from the contest had I not read through a few threads and learned about this poofy spam filter. I thought I would check out my profile before I signed out. Thats when i discovered my holiday contest post went missing! Again a thank you to the member that posted the link to the unmoderated items section. I then copy and pasted it to outside the forum and took a screenshot to post. What workout work around! Here it is.....

Screenshot_20201227-063432~2.png

Farkle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favorite memory is of the family all together and Moms flapper pie!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My favourite holiday memory has been, and will always be, the large family gatherings we have at our uncles house every year.  Get there early morning and leave late at night.  Nothing but good fun and games, and just amazing food.  Unfortunately could continue that this year, but very hopeful for next year. *fingers crossed*.

Recovery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would say my favourite memory would be having snow ball fights as a kid in school.

LRosevear

My favourite holiday memory was giving my daughter her phone plan with Public Mobile and telling my friend we'd used her referral code! 🙂

tbfire51

Cutting our own tree, craft beers and Chinese food for Christmas dinner, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation movie (even have the moose eggnog cup!) and everyone together and happy at the same time 😂. That’s what I ask Santa for every year - the best!

BobM1

Being together with family and enjoying a Christmas feast.

donuts_waffles

Mine is definitely just getting a chance to celebrate with my family. My parents at one point both worked two jobs, but they would always make sure to take Christmas morning off with us kids and cook up a special meal (prime rib with celery and carrots under it, rice, and baked tapioca pudding). I still dream of my dad’s tapioca puddings and miss my mom’s warm presence during the holidays.

trustsea

Each has it own memories to accumulate over time; to remember in fondness.  Quite often keeping me company when those with whom they were shared have moved away, moved on or passed away.  

For me the simple things hold the most of value; not things, places, or religion.  But people, and for me it was when I realized that all of this came together in middle-age when I realized that I had become the family vessel to transfer them forward to others in my life that were valued personally, privately and publicly.  The year was 2005, and I was attending to my mother in the nursing home as she had Alzheimers and her ability to speak was diminishing.  But for a single day I could relive allot of XMAS past memories with song, stories and rememberances that for that day brought back her speaking for that day for most of the day and evening. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

drs62

Christmas is family and friends (not so much this year) and entering the PM contest

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Building an igloo with my kids using snow from heavy snow storm and seeing them had fun playing.

brianchamp

The first Christmas with my Grand daughter last year 

marcnoel

Gigabizzles!

bubble

Tobogganning down the snowy hill behind my school!

pubwmob

My favourite holiday memory is I finally stepped in Public Mobile Community this holiday😎  

tinyone6969

My memory is when my grandparents were alive, and having dinner with all my family. Great times!

Mitchler

Ages ago we used to do family Christmas concerts at our grandparent's home, with all the kids participating 🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My favorite holiday memory has to have been when I got a WII when I was younger.

buang99

my best holiday memory is the last chance i get to spend holiday with my grandma. 

notchman

Watching the movie the sound of music. It's such a classic.

Teslas

My favourite holiday memory is my 84 year old Dad and Grandfather of 6 beating cancer by undergoing cancer treatment and over Christmas last year including one kidney removal and chemotherapy all in time before the Covid lock-down. 

And then finally, make certain you are dialling the number correctly with the proper international calling prefixes, country codes etc.

AE_Collector

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tranthieuhanh wrote:

why I can not use the free int'l phone option  to call int'l call.

You could refer back to More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all! - Community (publicmobile.ca).

You could check out Public Mobile's AI customer service assistant here: Get Help (publicmobile.ca)

When you log into your account does the add-on appear ?  Which country are you trying to call ?

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

tranthieuhanh

why I can not use the free int'l phone option  to call int'l call.

alexscarter

My favourite memories of this time of year are watching holiday movies with the fam, celebrating Sinterklaas on the eve of Dec 5th (the Dutch tradition of celebrating St. Nicholas' bday), seeing people I haven't seen all year, and the joy of opening gifts!  😄

Crsue1973

My Favorite holiday memory would have to be when I was about 5years old  growing up in Ontario( where there's lots of snow at Christmas )

Anyway when I woke up Christmas morning and ran down the stairs as quickly as possible  to find our beautiful Christmas tree on and Tons and Tons of beautifully Wrapped gifts for my family (2sisters mom&dad) underneath  it , Then I saw The biggest box I've ever seen before  with the Nametag saying  my name on it from Santa . Well my eyes light up so bright as I ripped open the wrapping paper and found My Big Wheel '*TM. that I had begged Santa for weeks before at the mall . I was so happy ..

Shabo1

This comes very good in this time of quarantine in the Christmas 🎄 time. That will cheer-up little bit.

thank you and merry Christmas and happy holidays 

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favourite moments were watching the kids and now my grandkids look of wonderment at the tree and all the presents under it. So excited to open their gifts and giving them big bear hugs when they said thank you. 

coztex

I will always remember those moments when my parents still watched movies together with their kids in Borneo, Indonesia about 25 years ago. We watched, Jurassic Park, Independence Day, Twister, The Lord of The Rings :')

Need Help? Let's chat.