cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

nukememobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All of us around the table talking and eating together. I'm going to miss that this year. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

My favorite holiday memory is remembering the intensity of going to bed as a child on Christmas Eve, not being able to fall asleep, but knowing I had better or Santa would not show up.

Fast-forward 25+ years, and I got to see it all over again with my own children experiencing the very same.

I look forward to the day when they have children, and I get to see it all over once again.

It is a truly magical constant and one which can keep us young at heart.

bizu12345

I think my favourite memory was helping out at my local food bank during the holiday season. The volunteer team really banded together and it was always fun to just talk about random stuff while organizing all the care packages for those in need, and it just felt really good to help wherever I could. Also going around my downtown area and giving homeless people care packages of food and other essentials like a blanket and warm clothes for the holiday, they were always so appreciative and you can tell that any help really cheered them up and gave them a little sense of security. If you have any extra time this holiday season, please try to help those in need! Happy Holidays 😊

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Favorite memory as a child was the big family gatherings and all the children opening presents when Santa would stop in.

Favourite memory is waking up Christmas morning and opening up Christmas gifts with the family as a child. 

Happy holidays everyone

ToMuchCatnip

My favorite memory was going out with my pops to find a Christmas tree when I was like 7. We had new house with a really high ceiling. We got the biggest tree ever. It must have been 20 feet tall. We climbed up a mountain to find the perfect one.  My mom was shaking her head when she saw us lugging this giant pine tree up the driveway. It was so big we had to get more lights and decorations for it. We used every decoration we could find. Even the ugly ones. 

Good times! Happy Holidays all. 

Florry54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many years ago I purchased a sweater for my boyfriend for Christmas. I didn't have a box for it and it was hard to wrap . So I looked around the house and found a box to wrap it in. Was he ever surprised when he unwrapped the gift in front of my whole family and saw a Kotex box!  I am not sure if he was embarrassed , but we did have a good laugh after!

SteTem

Dec 24 1976 i asked my girlfriend to marry me.

I bought her a pair of jeans for Christmas and decided to put the engagement ring in the pants pocket

She was happy with the jeans but didnt try them on,, it took me hours that night bugging her to try on the new jeans,, finally after waiting what seemed to be the whole Christmas Eve she came out of thee bathroom in her new pants with a big smile and said yes

and more good news,,, the pants fit too

Buzz1

My favorite memory is going to my grandparents. There were so many family members, we had to eat our Christmas meal on an ironing board because there was not enough room at the dining room table. After dinner all us children would go upstairs to look for lights outside the window that might belong to Rudolph. During this time parents would go out to their cars to bring in the gifts while we listened to Ho Ho Ho downstairs from my grandmother. We came downstairs to a tree full of presents.

Oblivious

I think my favourite is just hanging out with my friends, walking around the Christmas market and having fun.

Especially this year, thinking back to a time where we can all just walk around in the cold looking at the Christmas Lights and decoration.

It might not be any spectacular event or anything, but it's the little things that count for me.

5acr1

We had the exact set up in my student house! We wrapped it in a garbage bag to keep off the dust 😉

jmqm

Favourite memory was experiencing it again.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My favourite holiday memory was have a five days winter conference in Kelowna. Enjoyed different speakers and had a bed side fellowship each night. I met many new friends. It was nice!

Brginter91

I proposed to my wife during the holidays of 2018/2019. My favourite holiday memory.

kiefer0730

Favourite memory = free data from Public Mobile  🙂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

🏖 Cuba Baby let's blow this pop stand!! 🐠 🍺 🌴🍦🥂

My best Christmas memory is Christmas Eve and family and friends gathering for dinner and some holiday cheer.  I will really miss that this year.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

🎵Chestnuts roasting on an open fire Jack frost nipping at your toes 🎼 🎵

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

One of my favourite Christmas memories was about my sister.  My family used to celebrate Christmas by attending midnight mass, then enjoying midnight dinner, and then opening gifts.  One Christmas, my sister opened her gift from her husband.  It was a beautiful leather coat with real fur trimmings.  My sister started crying.  Why?  It was brown.  She hated brown.  😂😂😂

Happy Holidays y'all! 🎄🎄🎄

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Holiday baking with my kids for the first time.  It was so much fun baking with them.

SBMaule

My greatest holiday memory is when my eldest son surprised me with a visit (I thought he was still overseas with the Military), but he was cut loose early & came home Christmas Eve. 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Memory.jpg

jkmin117

My favourite memories of the holidays were when my family and I booked 4 days at a hotel in Niagara Falls, and we would spend the whole day going on drives, watching the falls, and walking around Clifton Hill and drinking warm drinks. At night, we would order a bunch of food like pizza, chicken wings and ice cream and would have a feast on the beds of the hotel, watching movies and just eating junk food. It was so fun. Although my family and I live near Niagara Falls, we pretended to be tourists and just enjoyed everything.

Hoserdave

My favourite holiday memory was getting my Nintendo Entertainment System back in the mid 80's.  I know my parents didn't have the money for it and probably really overextended themselves, but I cherished that console!  Oh, the things we do for our children!

CamFin911

My favorite Christmas memory is singing at church one Christmas morning after it had snowed all night.  It was truly magical.  

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Being a winner of last years contest of a $50 Amazon Gift card was pretty nice.

Winning this year would also be up there.

Yet, again another Contest Public Mobile is one way limiting us to just one favorite thing. Is there not a song about multiple favorite things, that is popular around the holidays?

But usually the most significant or special seems to be around spending time with family and friends. They at times seem pretty standard or boring related to family dinners, gift giving or decorating. Even though at times these also tend to give us some much frustration or grief.

But at times it is also the small things we miss as well. Giving your dog a gift or a family members special holiday dish (if it was an Aunt's perogies or Grandma's Kutia). Going to a Christmas eve or Christmas day service.

I would also have to say that holiday music is also up there. Listening to your favorite holiday hits. Tends to also be one of the few times of the year people bring out there musical instruments and try to remember what they learned in school.

But if just sticking to the rules of picking one; spending time with the ones you love and care about would be number one. Hopefully we would ideally be able to do so or be able to find ways to do so in more creative or digital ways (with the extra data could help with).

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My fav memory as a kid was having all my cousins over for turkey, and playing fireworks at midnight. It is awesome to see the sky full of fireworks. This is not something I can do in Canada. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Lots of good memories from past holidays but not sure any of them will be as memorable as 2020. 

Hoping that next year things are back to a more normal.  Good luck to everyone! 😊

hbabulic

favorite memory is going out and cutting down our own "wild" christmas tree.

It was the ugliest tree ever, very "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree, but we had a great time.

Rita-Reba

my favourite memory is making snow angels with my sister when we were small.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.