Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

@NYT, copied from the very first post in this thread:

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

*This offer is online-only.

I'm not sure how it could be much clearer.  Sorry, you will not get this.  Walmart is supposed to sell you a SIM if you ask for it.  If they refuse, you should go somewhere else, or escalate to a manager.

NYT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, that's part of the catch.

I went in-store to Walmart to buy a SIM (I didn't want to wait for mail or Canada Post strike delays).  The instructions to port a number were not clear online, so I asked the guy in Walmart.  He did the sign-up online in-store for me.. he said there was no difference.

This promo is why I joined PM... am I SOL now? 😞

@NYT, as asked by another user, did you activate in store, or online?  If in store, there is no credit.

NYT

Thanks for the quck reply!!

I activated a few days ago, but apparently the credit was due to be paid today.

@NYT wrote:

I didn't receive my credit today for this promo.  How can I get this fixed?

How long has it been since you activated.  The credits are not instantaneously applied.  Check the conditions in the OP of this thread. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NYT

First question..as always..was the activation done ONLINE...not IN-STORE..

NYT

I didn't receive my credit today for this promo.  How can I get this fixed?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rex1983 wrote:

What do I need to do should it been their portal and not the PM site just so I can be prepared if I need to dispute it

If you want the store rep to help you, bring your laptop with you and use the following link to activate your plan.  You will not get the $2 autopay credit if you do not enable the autopay during activation.  I will not use the store computer to enter your credit card info.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Carld123

@Rex1983

Unique situation......

Rex1983

What do I need to do should it been their portal and not the PM site just so I can be prepared if I need to dispute it

@Rex1983 wrote:

It was walmart

So now you will just have to wait and see if it shows up as it is still early on the 3rd.  We just don't know if you were on the consumer activation site or the retailer one.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rex1983

It was walmart

@Carld123 wrote:

@Rex1983

Thats a double screw over from walmart...you did the work..they got the credit....

Did I miss something?  I didn't see where Walmart was mentioned as the store they went into?  It maybe but until then we don't know as there are other retailers that do activations as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rex1983

So in other words I got screwed and there’s nothing I can do about it?  That kinda makes me want to cancel honestly

Carld123

@Rex1983

Thats a double screw over from walmart...you did the work..they got the credit....

Rex1983

Long story short the guy seemed he had no idea what to do so he pulled up PM site and said here create a account and you can start your service. So I created my online account and activated my service. Then because of a error, ported my number after the service was activated

If you did it at the store, then it's an in-store activation.

It may look like the same website, it probably is.  But I'm betting there's information such as an IP Address that is known for each of the retail locations doing the activations.

Sadly, it seems you've only done an in-store activation.

@Rex1983 wrote:

I was going to activate in store but they told me they couldn’t at that time so I did it online with the rep standing there

So you activated at a retail location on their computer?  Did you go through the PM website to activate it and did you have to create a self serve account while you were doing the activation?  This is the first time I have heard of a customer doing a self activation in store.

Rex1983

I was going to activate in store but they told me they couldn’t at that time so I did it online with the rep standing there

@Rex1983, did you activate in-store, or online (ie not in-store)?  If in-store, you will not see $10 reward.

If you did activate online, perhaps there's a short delay, as it's only 11:22 ET at the time of this writing on December 3rd.

Rex1983

Yes online

Carld123

@Rex1983

You did activate online..not in store?

Rex1983

It’s December 3rd and I have yet to see the $10 added to my account. Anyone know what’s going on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:

@Anonymous  You've quoted nomarboy's phone number in your reply.  Smiley Tongue

Rats. Thanks @SD08. It was later. I was tired. It's edited. Excuses. Excuses. 🙂

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

But that would only slow down someone who wants 100 free SIM cards no matter what. 

@will13am1000 for me please 🙂

What are you going to do with such a large order?

I activated a SIM for someone 4 Provinces, and 3 time zones away.  He got his locked in account activated, and I'm sending the SIM via mail today.

There are lots of ways to work around the errors.

@mlorne wrote:

I tried to activate a new SIM card on Saturday to take advantage of this promo.  I received a "General Error" and couldn't complete the activation.  Then when I tried it again on Sunday, it says invalid SIM.  Sent a PM to the moderators but haven't heard anything.  It seems that I will miss the promotion due to a non-specific technical error and a lack of timely communication.  Hardly off to a good start with a new customer.

Why should I want to enter into a long term relationship with Public Mobile at this point?

I suspect that the Saturday attempt resulted in a partially successful activation which then prevented the subsequent attempt on Sunday.  I would not worry about missing out.  You should be able to get the problem resolved through the moderators and receive the promo given that the activation was started on Saturday. 

mlorne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate a new SIM card on Saturday to take advantage of this promo.  I received a "General Error" and couldn't complete the activation.  Then when I tried it again on Sunday, it says invalid SIM.  Sent a PM to the moderators but haven't heard anything.  It seems that I will miss the promotion due to a non-specific technical error and a lack of timely communication.  Hardly off to a good start with a new customer.

Why should I want to enter into a long term relationship with Public Mobile at this point?

Carld123

@hengland

According to the promo...the first 10$ is added today....

hengland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up on Sunday Dec 2 2018 and didnt receive the $10.00 discount for 6 months on new activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.