cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Definitely a great offer, good job PM.

@kravnos that sucks, but that's the nature of retail, new deals can pop up anytime.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, great deal, Public Mobile! I'm sending emails to family members now. I tried during the $25 referral to get people to switch over, but this sweetens the deal even more.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mod,

Why excluding the exisitng subscirber base in this promo? If a person want to upgrade to higher plan he/she should be getting the same discount....rather then loooking for deals else where??

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats retail...sales come and go..

Mayor / Maire

@flashasif you could always port out then port back in.  You would lose ant referals rewards etc.  Many people did that during the freedom targeted promos.

I understand the fustration, but most of the promos are to get new customers. If it was open to all existing then pm would be losing a boatload of money, as I bet more than 1/2 are on plans greater than $30.

No thats ignoring existing customers and not doing anything for voluntary churn..

Thanks thats a better idea...

Mayor / Maire

This is not new to Public Mobile.  New promos have been frequently offered to new activations only.  A new activation is considered a new SIM card, on a new plan.  In this case, a $30+/$90+ plan on a 30/90-day cycle.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm  with Fido and want to take advantage of the $10 off offer. Can I go to Walmart and get them to add the plan I want and everything and get them to add this promo? The $50 8gb plan has unlimited talk Canada and usa is there any hidden fees??

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There have been plenty of offerings for current customers. Since I first joined, here are some of the offerings I have taken advantage of:

1. Switched from Province-wide to Canada-wide calling.
  2. My data allotment has increased by 1 and a half GB.
  3. Numerous account credits for referring customers (my most recent being the 25 dollar promotion credit)

All of this (and more) while my plan price has dropped by $5 (well, my current plan is $5 cheaper than my original one - yet with more features and data). Add in the monthly and community rewards, and I am paying about 10 bucks a month for my plan ($0 last month). I do not feel the least slighted when a promo comes out that targets New customers only. That's life! And life is too short for me to be upset that someone paid a few dollars less than I did for a product!! I'm content with knowing that I am getting a fantastic deal for a product that serves my needs. And it keeps getting better.

GC