Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smp99 wrote:

This was a good promo. So long as there are no issues with the instalment credits, it was pretty easy to sell. Of course combined with the $25 referral and 500MB autopay bonus that made it a bit easier. 

The only thing is making sure that you cannot do this in-store, confused by the fact that other promos have to be done in-store, on top of the hassle of trying to buy a SIM.

Wait for the next one I guess

Another requirement to remember for all that got the promoAnother requirement to remember for all that got the promo

@will13am wrote:

But that would only slow down someone who wants 100 free SIM cards no matter what. 

@will13am1000 for me please 🙂

@smp99 wrote:

This was a good promo. So long as there are no issues with the instalment credits, it was pretty easy to sell. Of course combined with the $25 referral and 500MB autopay bonus that made it a bit easier. 

The only thing is making sure that you cannot do this in-store, confused by the fact that other promos have to be done in-store, on top of the hassle of trying to buy a SIM.

Yeah, the promos can get really confusing with every other one requiring either online or in store activation.  It would be nice if they removed this condition and made it possible to get it in store and online.  The only exception may be the free SIM card.  If they temporarily reduced the cost to $0 online, I can see some people putting in orders for 100 or some ridiculous amount.  I suppose they could limit it to one per order.  But that would only slow down someone who wants 100 free SIM cards no matter what. 

smp99

Rex1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you go to activate there will be a option to port your number. Be sure to have your old account number and if you have a pin on the account you will need it also. 

Badically when hen you are given the option to pick your number the option to port will be there also

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nomarboy wrote:

I selected the $40 plan and registered online but I don see the $10 credit on my account. .........Please help. xxx.xxx.xxxx

@nomarboy  This is a public forum where anyone can see your message.  I recommend you edit your post to remove your phone number.  Personal info such as that should only be communicated to PM moderators by private message.

@Anonymous  You've quoted nomarboy's phone number in your reply.  Smiley Tongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

This promo is over about 40 minutes ago.

As always...clever popping.

Yeah nomarboy...did you complete your activation before 11:59pm ET?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This promo is over about 40 minutes ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomarboy wrote:

apologies for the miss speling. I meant I don't see the $10 credit for activating my new account. please help because that is re reason why I moved to PM.

Thanks,

Ed.

Your spelling was fine. You will get the $10 promo credit on Dec 3rd. We'll all hear about it tomorrow as toexactly when they start to show up tomorrow. Click on the page indicator for 1 and read the particulars of this promo.

nomarboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

apologies for the missspeling. I meant: I don't see the $10 credit for activating my new account. please help because that is the reason why I moved to PM.

Thanks,

Ed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomarboy wrote:

Hi,

I am a new customer hoping to get this promo. I selected the $40 plan and registered online but I don see the $10 credit on my account. I can only see the $2 credited for autopay. can you please support? I used to be with KOODO but went yesterday with you because of the promo. Please help. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Ed. 

You should see it on Dec 3rd as per the OP of this thread.

nomarboy

Hi,

I am a new customer hoping to get this promo. I selected the $40 plan and registered online but I don see the $10 credit on my account. I can only see the $2 credited for autopay. can you please support? I used to be with KOODO but went yesterday with you because of the promo. Please help. 403.869.1772

Thanks,

Ed. 

apk2000

Anyone with extra SIM card -- if they can message me 🙂

apk2000

anyone have an extra SIM Card 🙂  

CrazyRetriever

Also wondering this.

Nevermind, I didn't scroll down enough.

@apk2000 wrote:

Hi

since offer for $ 10 off ends tonight

If I order a SIM card  tonight - I cant activate it til it arrives.  Will i be able to get the deal still ?

Thanks

Sadly, no. But you are still elligible for the $25 credit if you give a referral to someone on Public Mobile. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-December-16-Get-a-25-Credit-for-Y...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@apk2000 wrote:

Hi

If I order a SIM card  tonight - I cant activate it til it arrives.  Will i be able to get the deal still ?

Thanks

@apk2000

It's in the original announcement: 

You have to activate your new SIM by 11:59pm ET tonight to be eligible for this promo.

Your only chance to get this deal is to find a retailer who sells you a SIM in the next three hours.

Or find a community member who is willing to sell their spare SIM in the same time frame.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@apk2000 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get the deal.  It ends tonight.  It states this in the original post.  

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

apk2000

Hi

Thanks

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@krazykiwi

Combined how..?..lol...not reading 20 pages either...lesson for the poster..start a new .Thread....

Well if someone is referred do they get the $25 credit as well as the $10 x 6 - 30 day cycles credit?

Yes you can combine these two promos.  According to the original post:

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

@krazykiwi

Combined how..?..lol...not reading 20 pages either...lesson for the poster..start a new .Thread....

@krazykiwi

Seriously!? You!?

Yes! Jeez.

🙂

@Carld123 wrote:

@krazykiwi

Well if someone is referred do they get the $25 credit as well as the $10 x 6 - 30 day cycles credit?

Carld123

@krazykiwi

Sorry, 20 pages is too much to go through. Does anyone know if this and the $25 credit promo can be combined?

@ready2go wrote:

Hi, i refer my cousin this morning and doing activation online but after using cerdit card and every thing when we finish the process, we got message that something went wrong. could you please us and find out that when my number will start working?

Hi, Is the issue with your number or your cousins. It would be best if you started a new topic.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

ready2go

Hi, i refer my cousin this morning and doing activation online but after using cerdit card and every thing when we finish the process, we got message that something went wrong. could you please us and find out that when my number will start working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tissue wrote:

Hi mods, I am thinking that what happen if I change plan during promotion period, what happen if I change plan from $35 to $40 plan will I still remain eligible? 

• If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

Does not specify when changing plan.

I interpret it as that you start at $30 or more to be in the promo (online!). Then until the 6 months are up you *could* change the plan as long as it stays at $30 or more.

@tissue wrote:

Hi mods, I am thinking that what happen if I change plan during promotion period, what happen if I change plan from $35 to $40 plan will I still remain eligible? 

Hi, no it does not specify when changing plan but does specify "Activate". Are you activating a sim? 

EDIT: Sorry it does not say sim but does say to "new customers"!

tissue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@baskavin wrote:

I’ve been getting a page that says genetic error, and now it says I have to wait 50 minutes because my SIM card number is reserved under another session. Can somebody help me out with this???

Hi and sorry about the problem. More than likely you will have to wait. I do siuggest clearing cache, trying an incognito window or another browser/computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.