Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nomarboy wrote:

Hello,

The promo hasn’t applied to my account. the first month I got a credit for $25 for referral, but I have never received my $10 off every month for 6 months as per the promo, that was one of the reasons I switched to Public Mobile. Last month I got charged $40 for my monthly plan. Can you please advise ASAP.

Thanks.

Which actual day did you activate? What was the first day you started here?

@nomarboy

Edit: never mind Where did you activate (home or store)?

Edit again: from your history it looks like you might have signed up in that promo timeframe

You should have seen $10 in your account for your early January and February renewals bringing your cost down to $30 (other than other rewards).

So for this you'll need the mods.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays. There will be some form to fill out afterwards.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Don't reply to the email. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

nomarboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

The promo hasn’t applied to my account. the first month I got a credit for $25 for referral, but I have never received my $10 off every month for 6 months as per the promo, that was one of the reasons I switched to Public Mobile. Last month I got charged $40 for my monthly plan. Can you please advise ASAP.

Thanks.

Isscum

thanks a lot , PM sent, waiting for replay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Isscum, If no one else chimes in with some other info, I would just send a message to the moderator team.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Isscum

@Anonymous

Thanks for your quickly reply.

as in the post:

• The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

The second credit should be applied on renewal date as Jan 1 , but I didnot see any credit till today. Following is the payment history from the date 1

Jan 1, 20195 GB at 3G Speed/ 5 Go à la vitesse 3G $30.00$0.00
Jan 1, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$30.00
Jan 1, 2019Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto.$1.00 $40.00
Jan 1, 2019AutoPay Reward$2.00 $39.00
Dec 3, 2018$10 Credit/Crédit de 10 $$10.00 $37.00
Dec 3, 2018$25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $$25.00 $27.00
Dec 2, 2018AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Dec 2, 20185 GB at 3G Speed/ 5 Go à la vitesse 3G $30.00$0.00
Dec 2, 201830-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$30.00
Dec 2, 2018Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$40.00 $40.00

I am not sure it is related to my phone number changed in the middle of the period or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Isscum, Not sure of the technicallities, but if you received the first $10 on Dec. 3rd, it was applied to your Jan 1 renewal, right?  It might be that the system applies the bonus only once per cycle?  I know, sounds strange.  Another possibility is that the system messed up when you changed phone numbers.  Perhaps someone  has more specific knowledge about this.  Otherwise, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them for an explanation (or to fix the problem).

Isscum

Did not see the 2nd $10 credit appied .

I actived my account on Dec 2nd with $40 plan,  got the 1st $10 credit on Dec 3rd,

ported in my number on Dec 21st.

Jan1st was the second renewal day, but I didn't see the $10 credit applied.

Is there any thing wrong ?

Thanks

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rex1983 wrote:

Saturday. How do I find the information of who they are to private message them

@Rex1983

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.  It's best to your PIN so that they can validate that it is in fact, you.  That'll accelerate the process a bit.  Moderator response time is typically 24 to 72 hours, but it seems slow lately.

Rex1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Saturday. How do I find the information of who they are to private message them

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rex1983

You will have to senda private message to moderators and include all your account info including pin etc..the proof also would be good to send...when did you activate?

Rex1983

Hello @CS_Agent. Would someone kindly help add the $10 bonus to my account. I have proof I did the online activation and the credit is not on my account yet

Carld123

@slandrie

Activation date....

slandrie

Is this based on purchase date of Sim, or activation date? I purchased my Sim card a few weeks back, but it only got delivered to me last night. I set it up right away and found out the promo said till 11:59 on Dec 2nd.

NYT

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@NYT wrote:

Well, that's part of the catch.

I went in-store to Walmart to buy a SIM (I didn't want to wait for mail or Canada Post strike delays).  The instructions to port a number were not clear online, so I asked the guy in Walmart.  He did the sign-up online in-store for me.. he said there was no difference.

This promo is why I joined PM... am I SOL now? 😞

Another dirty work done by WM rep...

Sure Walmart may have not fully informed the customer or said it was the same but we as customers need to take some responsibility as well.  The post here says ONLINE only.  We need to know what we are going in to purchase and get that.  If they aren't able to supply that then try and find somewhere else.  Be informed on the promo details and make sure you get what you want.  Don't let them take you away from your desired purchase.

I hear you, but I watched the Walmart rep do it on the screen... it was the exact same screen I was using at home (but I hesitated because their was no clear option on how to port a number).  During the setup I even asked the WM rep "how do you (Walmart) get paid" and his answer was "I don't know".

It's a very souring experience.  I was going to refer a family member, but now I'm considering finding both of us a new plan during Boxing Week 😞

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have 4 public mobile accounts I am managing now. Mine, Wife, Son, Mother and am about to sign up the fifth. I use my sons account as the referral in each case because he works for his plan and at 12 years old he is super excited about his phone. 

I have to say my son has $102 in credits for his first week with $25 referrals, auto pay, plus he has $5 off per month already with all the family using his phone number.

I signed my mom the other day and walmart said to activate there for the $40 plan because a month is free but that was not the best deal. Instead I activated at home and got $25 for my son, $25 for my mom, 6 months at $10 off , $2 auto pay and $1 referral. All in all much more than if I did it at walmart. It was worth paying the $10 sim card and I'll never go to walmart again, there was only 1 girl on and we waited 32 minutes to purchase a sim card. Later that day I noticed I could have purchased the card at all the little phone kiosks in the mall with no wait times.

I'm just anomored with public mobile and absolutely love the self serve. It is no different from what rogers is doing now trying to get everyone to use a similar online version to make changes except you oay through the nose with them.

I cannot see any incentives getting me to switch because $40 is the sweet spot for a cell plan. Count auto pay and referrals and I consider it irrelevant to even consider shopping anymore. This is a huge check for me because now I will just add more people aa I need to and I don't have to worry about continiously shopping my plans.

Way to go public mobile!!!

Bob53

Hello Moderator/Moderator Team,

Yesterday early eve I tried 5/6 times to use the SIM I bought on Nov 28 from a kiosk in Richmond, BC to activate the SIM for the $10 credit each month for the next 6 months 90-days or 30 days option toward the $40 3G with 4.5 GB data, unlimited Cdn. talk and unlimited Intl. text.  Can't get far except error messages on top of the webpage,"Invalid SIM and need different email address..."  Keyed in 2 different email addresses with everything correct.  Besides, a friend at another location in BC tried keying in the same thing and got error message,"The number entered was not a PM subscriber."  This was unclear what number it referred to, which gone nowhere.  I finally came to realization with help of the store Mgr. said below the number referred to my cell # keyed in, which the website didn't specify had to be a PM #.

It would be nice if this offer can be extended, for I went to the same kiosk with help of the store Mgr., Tommy Y., who replaced the SIM card # and activated an account of $40 plan said before, as well as connect with you in the forum, in hope of getting in with PM on this deal.  Pls. let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FLAMINGOGUY wrote:

I'm assuming we missed out on this promo...any chance of it being extended?

Yup. Expired last night (2nd). Doubt it.

There's still the $25/$25 refer a friend going on until the 16th.

There'll be more soon enough.

FLAMINGOGUY

I'm assuming we missed out on this promo...any chance of it being extended?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Louis1993 wrote:

So I added money to my account and it wont work it says I have an active plan but it is not letting me make calls or anything says I dont have a plan when I call or text or anything like this is so annoying i got no reply from anyone today I need my phone working like this is frustrating waiting for someone reply to me that can actually do something about the problem 

Yes we know. Repeatedly going on about it isn't going to get you anywhere. All you can do is wait for the moderators to get back to you. I REALLY hope you gave them all the identifying information so you don't have more delay.

Can you tell me what specific kind of phone you have?

Can you check that the last 4 digits of the SIM are the same as in the self-serve?

Louis1993

So I added money to my account and it wont work it says I have an active plan but it is not letting me make calls or anything says I dont have a plan when I call or text or anything like this is so annoying i got no reply from anyone today I need my phone working like this is frustrating waiting for someone reply to me that can actually do something about the problem 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rex1983 wrote:

Honestly signing up feels like a mistake considering the fact it appears I was lied to at Walmart with the intentions I was signing myself up and not using their portal. Regardless some comments that were said on here were very demeaning.  I had no idea of a $10 credit until after I signed up so how am I suppose to know to make sure Walmart didn’t sign me up using their systems. Regardless I give up. It’s pointless to argue with someone that has no control on correcting the situation

None. Of. This. Is. Public. Mobile's. Fault.

If people go into a store and happily, unknowingly sign-up for a service and upon returning home they discover that they *could* have had some promos. Oh well. Now it's time to ask the mods real nice like if they might be able to do something for you. They don't have to though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Unless I’ve missed some glaringly obvious message from Public Mobile, we do not know how they identify online vs in-store.

I’ve speculated that they are looking at the IP Address of the device (or network site), and flagging it as in store.

It would be great to know exactly what the difference is, because until now, all I’ve read is it’s the same interface as the online activations.

Interesting. Thanks. I didn't know and now you're confirming that "we' don't know. So there we go.

A known fixed IP for each store would be the only way I can think of that they would be able to distinguish. I then would be surprised that a public wifi would use the same ip address. Particularly Walmart. Maybe not a small retailer.

Rex1983

Honestly signing up feels like a mistake considering the fact it appears I was lied to at Walmart with the intentions I was signing myself up and not using their portal. Regardless some comments that were said on here were very demeaning.  I had no idea of a $10 credit until after I signed up so how am I suppose to know to make sure Walmart didn’t sign me up using their systems. Regardless I give up. It’s pointless to argue with someone that has no control on correcting the situation

Unless I’ve missed some glaringly obvious message from Public Mobile, we do not know how they identify online vs in-store.

I’ve speculated that they are looking at the IP Address of the device (or network site), and flagging it as in store.

It would be great to know exactly what the difference is, because until now, all I’ve read is it’s the same interface as the online activations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@treefort wrote:

For you people saying it's unclear, this obviously isn't your first rodeo. 

When a customer service representative says it makes no difference, the average person believes them, and they are doing it "online" after all. Sorry to say but it's not that clear. Clear would be to say you must purchase the sim card in the store and activate it yourself using your own personal computer or web enabled device.

So are you still not seeing the $10? Much earlier today someone had received it.

I'm a little skeptical about this business of activating physically in store but "online". I have no certainty of this thought but I had imagined that retailers would use a different door to activate. If you are in a store and connect to their internet and go to the online activation page, I doubt that would look like an in-store activation.

But of course I could be wrong.

Maybe your browsing history on the device that you activated with ?? would show the proper online activation page. Or it might show the retailer activation page. Dunno.

treefort

For you people saying it's unclear, this obviously isn't your first rodeo. 

When a customer service representative says it makes no difference, the average person believes them, and they are doing it "online" after all. Sorry to say but it's not that clear. Clear would be to say you must purchase the sim card in the store and activate it yourself using your own personal computer or web enabled device.

smp99

@Rex1983 wrote:

I was going to activate in store but they told me they couldn’t at that time so I did it online with the rep standing there

So you went into the store with the intention of activating in-store. Why would you think you are eliglble?

You are supposed to go into the store with the intention of getting a SIM at getting out of there to be eligible

Carld123

General comment not aimed at anyone...do your homework before spending your money...in the end, its you/ me that decides the outcome of the transaction....

@popping wrote:

@NYT wrote:

I went in-store to Walmart to buy a SIM (I didn't want to wait for mail or Canada Post strike delays).  The instructions to port a number were not clear online, so I asked the guy in Walmart.  He did the sign-up online in-store for me.. he said there was no difference.

Sure Walmart may have not fully informed the customer or said it was the same but we as customers need to take some responsibility as well.  The post here says ONLINE only.  We need to know what we are going in to purchase and get that.  If they aren't able to supply that then try and find somewhere else.  Be informed on the promo details and make sure you get what you want.  Don't let them take you away from your desired purchase.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NYT wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.