• 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

Re: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

@cleizhang wrote:

What does it include?

Details of plans are available here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Be aware there are no text addons. So 50 outbound texts is the most you can do with the plan.

You can always get minutes addons. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can always get minutes and Data addons. Just not text related.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The $10 plan is best for backup emergency phone that I can leave it in my car and forget about it. Sad to see it goes the way of the dodo. OTOH the new $15 plan is so much more useful with just 5 dollars more. The 250MB data is a nice surprise I don't expect to see data being offered at this price. It is tough to decide whether to keep the $10 plan or move up.

Mayor / Maire

@Baconify wrote:

The $10 plan is best for backup emergency phone that I can leave it in my car and forget about it. Sad to see it goes the way of the dodo. OTOH the new $15 plan is so much more useful with just 5 dollars more. The 250MB data is a nice surprise I don't expect to see data being offered at this price. It is tough to decide whether to keep the $10 plan or move up.

This company generally does not expire plans once subscribed. They can of course...but they don't seem to. It's just that when and if they do drop it, new customers won't be able to get it.

For my needs, the $10 is fine. Minus autopay, minus referrals, minus loyalty, minus any community efforts.

The company could offer a texting add-on that would make it perfect. I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe after they grandfather the $10 plan, they will offer a text addon. If they already have a text addon, less people might go for the $15 plan. Gotta maximize profits. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@saeliux wrote:

Maybe after they grandfather the $10 plan, they will offer a text addon. If they already have a text addon, less people might go for the $15 plan. Gotta maximize profits. 

How much would you pay? $2? $5?  Might as well just get the $15 plan.

YVR

The $10 plan details have this listed

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

Is this referring to calling from you cell phone to check voicemail will deduct from the 50minutes? 

What happens when someone calls you and leaves a message.  Does that use up your minutes if you check it from another phone? 

Mayor / Maire

@YVR wrote:

The $10 plan details have this listed

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

Is this referring to calling from you cell phone to check voicemail will deduct from the 50minutes? 

What happens when someone calls you and leaves a message.  Does that use up your minutes if you check it from another phone? 

People calling and leaving a message does not count minutes.

Checking your voicemail from another phone does not use minutes.