cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When changed number, phone doesn't update

mickyc158
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got on with Public and registered my sim with a number, then changed it.  After changing the number, the phone does not work and is not updating.  Please help

6 REPLIES 6

@mickyc158 wrote:

Tried to reboot it, let it sit overnight, restart it, reboot it.  Many times.

@mickyc158   So was the number change done only once within the last 30 days?

You could also try topping up your account with a manual payment of $1 and then restart your phone.

Edit:  @mickyc158   If you're unable to get your phone service working you'll need message moderators either via SIMon as suggested earlier or private message Moderator_Team via this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mickyc158

The sim is fine.  I changed my phone number and the phone doesn't recognize the change

mickyc158

Tried to reboot it, let it sit overnight, restart it, reboot it.  Many times.

@gpixel  I think you meant to say number not sim.

Screenshot_20200917_141103.jpg

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mickyc158 you can only change your phone number once every 30 days. you are only on your first week.

contact customer support mods to fix your account

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mickyc158 wrote:

I just got on with Public and registered my sim with a number, then changed it.  After changing the number, the phone does not work and is not updating.  Please help

@mickyc158   Please clarify what you mean when you said you registered your SIM and then changed it?  Unless you mean you changed only the phone number?  Try rebooting your phone first.

Need Help? Let's chat.