cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card stooped working yesterday. Can you please help?

niket
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I am using public mobile service since December 2013. Everything was good till yesterday night. 

It stopped working yesterday with a message "unregistered sim". I tried rebooting my phone, but it didnt work. Can you please help me to get rid of this problem? My region is Toronto, ON. 

Regards.

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DK wrote:

@niket If you are a pioneer customer (before Jan 27th of 2015) you can call 18779995055.

If your phone was functioning you could *611 from your handset but moot point as it says unregistered sim.

Good luck

@DK wrote:

@niket If you are a pioneer customer (before Jan 27th of 2015) you can call 18779995055.

If your phone was functioning you could *611 from your handset but moot point as it says unregistered sim.

Good luck

How will calling Public Mobile help in this case?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@niket,

I suggest you to request a FREE SIM card replacement.

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose "

Important: Make sure you provide us a full mailing address, an alternate contact number, and the size of the SIM card (Nano/Standard/Micro) needed. Is should look like this:

Replacement SIM.png

All SIM card replacement orders will be processed within two business days, but it may take up to 7 business days to receive your new SIM.

If you did not receive your SIM card within the timeframe, please check your mailbox before sending us an email.

Once you receive your replacement SIM card, you have to update your SIM card number on your account by login to your self serve account, then click on "Change SIM card number"

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good luck

Litvinau_A

@niketyes you can if you are an existing customer. Use "Contact Us" to send them an email, it will guide you through the steps.

niket

It stopped without any reason. And the trouble for me is that the website says that currently you cant order a new SIM.

THANKS. 

Litvinau_A

@nikethave you possibly dropped your phone and sim shifted? try taking it out and putting back in. Although, sometimes SIM cards will stop working for whatever reason 😞  So you would need to order new one..

niket

I made last payment on June 11, 2015. I still should have an active subscription. 😞

DK
Hi when was the last time you made a payment? Has it been greater than 90 days! Sounds like your account has been deleted.

Thanks

niket

Hi cyber,

Thanks for your kind attention. In fact I am not able to Sign in to self serve. And when i try to recover that, it says "unable to verify email address".

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@niket,

Did you verify in your self-serve account that your account is ACTIVE ?

Try to reboot again.

Need Help? Let's chat.