cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase the promo plan now but have it start in 2017

xf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I purchase the promo plan now but have it start in Jan 2017?  Or can I purchase a minimum plan that ends in 90 days and switch to a higher plan that can start around Jan 2017, when the lower plan ends.  Reason: Out of town -- but will be back in Jan.  Tx!

6 REPLIES 6

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

As @NDesai has already mentioned, you must choose at least one service: talk, text, or data. The cheapest you can go is a 90-day plan with text which is $70. If you set that plan up on October 31st, wait a day or two to make sure your account is working, then you can log into self-serve to upgrade to the promo plan.

Refer to the following post for visual instructions on how to do this: 

How to switch to the new $40 4Gb/month plan for existing customers (with pictures)

Just to confirm... are you a new customer or existing?  If new, you have your SIM card already?

@xf wrote:

@jheili99good point!

Mods please confirm -- If I pick NO Talk NO Text NO Data plan ($25) and say it starts Oct 31st.  Can I (before Nov 20th) then sign up for the $120/90 day current promo, which would kick in on Jan 31st.

You must choose at least one, talk, text, or data. 

xf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@jheili99good point!

Mods please confirm -- If I pick NO Talk NO Text NO Data plan ($25) and say it starts Oct 31st.  Can I (before Nov 20th) then sign up for the $120/90 day current promo, which would kick in on Jan 31st.

Lowest 90 days plan is $70 text only plan. You can definitely sign up for that and change your plan to the new promo plan to reflect on your next renewal (~end of January).

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @xf

No to purchasing now to start in Jan, but yes to purcasing a min 90 day plan now and setting it to switch to the new promo plan on renewal in Jan/Feb (90 days from start). The thing you need to make sure you do is make the plan change (which will be effective on renewal) before Nov 20th.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i think you could just activate a number with the plain basics ( prepaying for 90 days ) and once number is activated you can schedule a plan change taking effect after your first 90 days expire.... this would be the only option i think....one of the moderators can confirm that if you want to be 100% sure

@Shazia_K | @Mary_M | @Saray_O

Need Help? Let's chat.