cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from CHATR

oldrinba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just activated a new SIM and asked for porting my number from CHATR.

It seems it is not succesfull, because I received a SMS that said that I need to complete my request to move to Public Mobile and complete SIM & Activation. "You'll need to provide the correct password or PIN from previous service provider".

I cannot complete that SIM activation form again, because the email address is already registered. When I first registered, I already gave the PIN  from CHATR. That number is displayed in my CHATR account as "PIN code (4 digits)".

I don't know why it don't work and what should I do at this point.

4 REPLIES 4

wmleung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From my own experiences,  you will need your account and phone numbers from Chatr for sure.  Occasionally, it might require your pin code as well.  This is not a constant but happened to me when I was switching out from 7-11 (Speakout).

Good luck.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@oldrinba I would call chatr and ask your your account number and confirm that they have he correct spelling on file for your name.

Armed with those 2 pieces I wouldessagevmodsvsnd ask them to resubmit the port

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@oldrinba, can you try simply doing a login to the self serve to see if you can submit the port a second time from within your account which is likely to have been successfully created during the first attempt at activation and porting.  Failing that, definitely message the moderator team for further assistance.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

You will need to send a private message to @CS_Agent to update a port request

As Chatr is raising existing clients prices probably seeing more of these this month Cat Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.