cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockout of account.

PublicHelpMe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a phone call today from a genuinely concerned individual letting me know my phone number must be spoofed by scammers, as he called back my number looking for them, and was very apologetic. 

Out of curiosity, I decided to double check my PM account and make sure I was up to date.

I tried logging into my account, and it made me try to reset a password, which I do not remember the questions for after setting it up years ago. It told me I needed to register here, contact public mobile in some manner, in order to gain access to my own account.

I still have access to my phone and it works without issue. How do I contact PM in order to gain access to my own account.....

3 REPLIES 3

@PublicHelpMe 

If you choose the private message method (my preference) again type password reset in the subject line and include in your message along with the description of your issue.....

1. Full name and address on your account and email address.
  2. Phone number and pin #. If you cannot remember your pin # then see step 3.
  3. To further identify you and since you cannot remember your security question and answer include your dob, alternate phone # on account if any and....
  4. Plan., date of last payment, amount, type, last 4 digits of card.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@PublicHelpMe, if you set-up your phone on a computer, you might have saved your passwords in your web browsers? That's what I did, as I used my computer to help me port-over versus using my phone to start with Public Mobile.

Try looking at the security of your password in the web browser preferences. If you are on a MAC, look at your keychain on your hard drive. 

Web browsers:

• Chrome > Preferences > Autofill > Passwords
  • Firefox > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Logins and Passwords > Saved Logins
  • Safari > Preferences > Passwords

@PublicHelpMe wrote:

I got a phone call today from a genuinely concerned individual letting me know my phone number must be spoofed by scammers, as he called back my number looking for them, and was very apologetic. 

A part of me finds the call a bit sketchy. It's great he genuinely was concerned, but at least you didn't give out any confidential information. 

As per @darlicious mentioned, 
    1. Ticketing system. Ask SIMon. This is the preferred method as it is supposed to be the fastest method on earth! Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of the website to start the ticketing process to contact the moderator or click on this link, to take you to the SIMon too chat. Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.  

Personally, I know SIMon is the preferred method, but if I was stressed that my account may be compromised, I may send a message directly to the moderator team! Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PublicHelpMe 

Do you not remember your password? If you can't remember your password or your security question and answer you will have to contact the moderators either by clicking on (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon. Type in password reset, then human and follow the prompts to submit. Or you can use private messaging. Do you remember your pin#?

Need Help? Let's chat.