cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Calling area

tasmariah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

need to change number of my PM. But my area is Missisauga, ON. It is not showing in the lost of local calling area. Any suggestion ?

5 REPLIES 5

You can use the Local calling guide website to see what rate centres should be considered as local calls to which other rate centres, along with all the area code and prefix details, as well as the reverse local calling from each city. (Some places in Canada have local calling one way between rate centres, but not the other)

For example, this link for Streetsville, ON:

https://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?exch=157930

Cooksville, ON:

https://localcallingguide.com/lca_exch.php?dir=&exch=153270

@tasmariah wrote:

need to change number of my PM. But my area is Missisauga, ON. It is not showing in the lost of local calling area. Any suggestion ?

Mississauga numbers will show up under names such as Streetsville or Cooksville.  To my knowledge, there has never been a rate centre with the official name of Mississauga.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@tasmariah 

Oakville Burlington Milton toronto Brampton are all local to you and show up

One more thing you may want to consider is get Mississauga number with fongo and forward it to your cell, this way people from your new neighborhood can reach you locally and you don't have to change your number

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tasmariah wrote:

Hello @tasmariah ,

Choose a city nearby.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@tasmariah wrote:

Hi @tasmariah from Toronto here.  You simply have to add "1" to the number you are calling.

If you want to change your number, try ON-Oakville.  Oakville use the same area code as Mississauga.  Area codes 905, 289, and 365 are area codes in the North American Numbering Plan in the Golden Horseshoe region that surrounds Lake Ontario in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Best wishes and stay safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.